Adventure of the Seas - Review Onboard Now 10/17/04 to 10/24/04

I'm very upset with this.... This ship change in all.. Two years ago I come to this ship with my mother, when the ship have one year at the sea and that voyage be great.... I come again later and I go to tell all that I see here this year and the (bad) food right now...

See all later.

Vanoulisky - My first AOS cruise was in July. The food was the only complaint I had. The ship, shows, service was incredible. But the food.....I was major disappointed. Even if you chose the alternative steak, it was tough and not very good. I think RCCL needs some serious improvement in this catagory.

Would love to read your full review when you have time to post.

Did you have any problems with embarkation or debarkation? A few posters from prior cruises have indicated problems with the luggage handlers which has caused delays in clearing the ship.

Aside from the major problems for all with embarkation/debarkation, this cruise was excellent. As far as the food on this cruise, the dining room food was excellent. We never had over-done or tough meat, the kids loved their special menu, and the Windjammer/Island Grill had more than just hot dogs and hamburgers as stated before in someone elses post. The service excelled in all areas. There were overcrowding of the elevators at times, but we just took the stairs and after eating you just might want to take those stairs anyway.

The AOS was very clean and observed cleaning each night of the pool areas/chairs, etc.

This being my third RCCL cruise and first with the Aruba itinerary, it was the best so far. Everyone treated us like royalty!

I can say that the Puerto Rican travelers like to party hard and loud. There were several instances of loud groups, especially on the Latin Night.

Even though there were several small bumps in the road during the week, the cruise itself was high in my books.

Aruba was very nice - took a taxi tour and ended up at the Marriot Hotel beach. Rented floats for the day and then returned to the ship.

Curacao - just shopped in town, came back to ship early afternoon and enjoyed the pools.

St. Marten - Visited beach near pier and then shopped on the way back to the ship (walking distance). Had an encounter with a large iguana crossing the road on the way to the ship!!! The kids loved that.

St. Thomas - took taxi to Red Hook, ferry ride to Cruz Bay, St. John. Taxi to Trunk Bay....this was the most beautiful beach yet! Really enjoyed the day on our own. We had more time than the RCCL excursions! Went back to shop at Havensight Mall area and returned to the ship (already shopped in Charlotte Amalie twice before on previous cruises, so it wasn't really a priority here). A must to visit would be Trunk Bay!

Any questions, e-mail me at Tzu2luv@aol.com

Happy cruising!

St. Thomas - took taxi to Red Hook, ferry ride to Cruz Bay, St. John. Taxi to Trunk Bay....this was the most beautiful beach yet! Really enjoyed the day on our own.

I totally agree! Our cruise was so awesome! You were at Trunk Bay the same time as me and Mike along with CruisinElf and Keith. Wish you would have just said hello. Glad to hear you enjoyed it too!

We were on AOS in July also, and loved our entire experience! The food was very good, service left nothing to be desired, we had no complaints at all! Everyone was so nice and kind that I kept wanting to give everyone extra tips throughout the whole week! :) We never had a problem with loud parties, yet there was always something to do.

The food is the only complaine. I see the rest of the days and is wonderful.. I really love that ship and is really funny all the entertaiment. Is wonderful, you need to come all people go to enjoy this ship too much. The other only problem is the embarkation... I arrive to the port at 11:30 a.m. and I enter (Platinum Member) at the 1:30 p.m. Horrible... But, with the other things, all is fine.

See all later when I return to Puerto Rico, my home town.

Hello,

We hear all the time about People who live in Puetro Rico get such good deals. How much did you pay for your cabin and what kind was it?/

Are these deals allways available or only during the slow times?/

Thanks,

Glen

Hello, Glen.

I´m not Vany, but I can answer your question. I will be on the November 28 sailing of the AOS, with my daughter and grandaughter. I bought an Ocean View Cabin, I category, Deck 2, and paid $2,743.50, taxes and port charges included, no tips included.

I bought an Ocean View Cabin, I category, Deck 2, and paid $2,743.50, taxes and port charges included, no tips included.

That is not a deal. I received a call today from a PVP informing me that if I were to book a cruise from Baltimore I would receive $200.00 off the regular balcony rate. Now that could be a deal.

Guess your expectations were far different than mine. We cruised AOS in August, and I have no complaints whatsoever. ESPECIALLY regarding the food. Granted we are not gourmet diners, but both our breakfasts in the Windjammer and our dinners in the dining room were absolutely delicious.

As far as the embarkation - we arrived at 11:00 or so, and were on board at around 12:30 I think. No complaints about that either.

Excelent Cruise, the only problem is the food... Excelent party, excelent personal, excelent allll.... A+++...

In Few hours I go to write here the full review of this voyage, day by day.....

The Strike on the port END.....

SEE ALL LATER.

My wife and I plus my son's in-law's are going on the AOS 3/6/05. We went on the VOS last June and had a fantastic time. I was impressed with the ports that the AOS will be going to. Your comments were very helpful. I was told that the AOS and VOS are almost identical aside from the decor. We have a superior ocean view/baclony on deck 7. I am a devout cruiser. Thanks for the ship and port reviews

We were on AOS the same week as Vanessa. Missed you at the Meet and Mingle Vanessa.

We have absolutely no complaints about the ship or the week. We all thought the food was excellent (there were 10 in our group),

shows were great.

Embarkation was very slow. There were no luggage handlers. We had to make sure all our luggage got on the carriers that were there and that was

inconvenient (15 pieces of luggage for our group plus carryons). Then we stood in a very long line for about 1-1/2 hours. It was extremely hot and they were selling bottled water. We stayed at the Intercontinental for two nights prior to the cruise and we bought a few bottles of water to put in the cabin. We ended up drinking all that before we even got on the ship. Once we got in the door, they moved you very quickly. Check in was very smooth and you got right on the ship. Then the relaxation really started. We only ate in the Windjammer once, when we boarded and it was good. We did breakfast and dinner every day in the dining room. No complaints on food or service.

We were on the 9th deck with balcony cabins. Very clean, steward was there when you needed him, other than that you never saw him.

Room service was on time every day with a wake up call telling you they were coming.

Hope everyone that has a trip coming up soon has a great time.

Jean

Archived