Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown

nieciez

I've seen good and bad reviews for this hotel across the street from the Bayside Market. Has anyone stayed there recently and what is your opinion of this property for a one night stay pre-cruise?

I've seen good and bad reviews for this hotel across the street from the Bayside Market. Has anyone stayed there recently and what is your opinion of this property for a one night stay pre-cruise?

Maybe you might get more answers if you also post this on the North Americna Homeports section and then scroll to East Coast Departures, then Florida departures. All sorts of info there.

Marilyn

I"ve stayed there twice and had good experiences both times....It's nice to be able to walk to Bayside for something to do that night. And you can see the ships in dock the next morning. Ask for a room on an upper level and overlooking the bay.

Had the complimentary breakfast the next morning in a package deal which was good too.

Jane

We stayed there last year before I curise on the Freedom of the Seas. Great location. Lot of things to do and places to eat at the Bayside. Very nice breakfast in the restaurant to fill up on until you get to the ship buffett later that day. Only suggestion I would make is to ask for a room up high and on the side or back. Our first room was on the front and down low. Across the street at Bayside they have live bands and stuff late at night. I am a light sleeper and knew I would have a problem so we asked early to move and the hotel accomodated very nicely. If you do not have a problem with the outside noise it is no big deal. Also taxis are line up outside the hotel in the morning. They already know a large group of guests are there heading to the port.

We stayed there two years ago. We have seen some crappy "name brand" hotels in Miami. Of the 3 years we have stayed in Miami before cruise, this hotel was the best. This is where we'll stay next time in Miami.

We actually had a room on one of the top floors, in front of hotel, we could easily see cruise ships coming into port. (You do get street noise, also lots of sirens.) May be a problem if you are a light sleeper, did not really bother us.

We did have someone tell us to either get a room on top floor or bottom because in the morning everyone is trying to get the elevators - and if you are on a middle floor they're always full when they stop. We didn't have a problem, but we were on a top floor - and we did come down early cause wanted to get to Port.

We love going to Bayside which is right across the street, many things to do there and many restaurants. Our favorite is Bubba Gumps.

The location of the hotel is great. Bayside, directly across the street is a nice place to spend some time and has a variety of nice restaurants, entertainment, and shopping. Close walking distance out the front door to your right 2? blocks and then a right hand turn down the street to CVS and Walgreens and liquor store to pick up anything you may want for your cruise.

The port is very close by and easy to get taxi's to take you to the port. We found the staff to be friendly and courteous. The outside pool isn't large nor fancy but we enjoyed our afternoon spent by the pool enjoying the sunshine.

We found the hotel rooms themselves acceptable, clean bathrooms, and reasonably comfortable beds but the hotel is NOT new or fancy and the rooms do show a bit of their age. If you require highend you will not be happy here. We enjoyed our stay and look forward to staying again in the future.

Archived