PV Time Difference and Zip Lines

crzndeb

Several of us want to do the Los Veranos zip lines in Oct. Carnival Spirit is scheduled to be in port 7-4. I believe the first zip line tour is at 11. Has anybody done this tour when we have been on daylight savings time? Right now PV is 2 hrs ahead of PDT. Will the ship stay on PDT or will we move our clocks ahead to match PV time? Trying to figure out if we will have enough time to do the tour?

Thanks, Debbie

Several of us want to do the Los Veranos zip lines in Oct. Carnival Spirit is scheduled to be in port 7-4. I believe the first zip line tour is at 11. Has anybody done this tour when we have been on daylight savings time? Right now PV is 2 hrs ahead of PDT. Will the ship stay on PDT or will we move our clocks ahead to match PV time? Trying to figure out if we will have enough time to do the tour?

Thanks, Debbie

As a general rule, Carnival's published itinerary arrival/departure times are "local time" in that given port. Ship's time may be different but it really doesn't matter.

There are a number of canopy tours (ziplines) in Vallarta but I assume you are refering to the Los Veranos ziplines http://www.canopytours-vallarta.com/index.htm There first scheduled tour of the day is 9 AM. I have done the 10 AM tour, killed some time after taking some pictures of the area and was back in their Vallarta tour office by before 2 PM.

Enjoy!

We did the Los Veranos canopy tour last week. It was great and everything was top notch. The first night at sea after leaving Long Beach, they ship told everyone to turn the clocks ahead one hour. This put us on Mountain time. Puerto Vallarta is on Central time. We arrived in PV at 8:00 a.m. (ship's time) which was 9:00 a.m. PV time. We took a cab to the pickup area and the Los Veronas bus arrived at 11:15 a.m. (PV time). The tour took about a good 4 hours with transportation. The bus left the zip line area at 3:45 (PV time) and dropped us off back at the Los Veronos office. You have to take a taxi back to the ship.

If you are leaving at 4:00, you won't have time to do the 11:00 canopy tour and make it back to the ship in time. Perhaps you can arrange an earlier time.

The other ports we did (Mazatlan and Cabo) are both on Mountain time, so there was no time difference. The night before we got back to California, we turned our clocks back one hour to get back to Pacific time.

Thanks for the info. Yes, Los Veranos is the one we are doing and we will go for the 9 am. My daughter has done this tour and raved about it.

Deb,

Spirit travels a non-typical itinerary for the Mexican Riviera. Your route takes you to ports south of Vallarta before you get here and very few people ever talk about time changes on that route.

Make sure you swap email with the folks at Los Veranos to confirm a 9 AM vs. 10 AM tour time. They know the current comings `n goings of the cruise ship this season & will comfirm which is best for you.

Enjoy!

I appreciate everyone's input on the port times/Zip lines here on this thread.

I just booked the Los Veranos canopy tour this past Sunday. I even called their toll free line, because I wanted to be sure to be back in Puerto Vallarta by 3:00 pm (we are booked on the 9 am tour) as we have massages booked at the Krystal Hotel at 3:30 pm.

I was assured by the Los Veranos tour company that there was plenty of time to get back to be at the hotel for our massage appointments. :)

(and the woman I spoke to was extremely nice and professional--which made me feel a more confident with booking with them).

Archived