$340 on board coupons??

Seayalater

We booked thru eXPEDIA AND THEY ARE OFFERING A bOOK OF COUPONS WORTH $340. anYONE KNOW WHAT THESE CAN BE USED ON?

very little-- the only one I used was the 10 extra min of internet time-- left the others in the bible

Stew in vA

We booked thru eXPEDIA AND THEY ARE OFFERING A bOOK OF COUPONS WORTH $340. anYONE KNOW WHAT THESE CAN BE USED ON?

Worthless to me. My local TA gave me the coupon booklet as an onboard gift. I politely gave it back to her, so that she could see how worthless they really are.

Now, they are not really completely useless. On our Princess cruise, we used the booklet to even out the table legs on our breakfast table on deck. Stopped us from spilling our coffee. I saw one or two folks on the Westerdam using their HAL coupons as bookmarks and another using hers as a coaster.

Other than that, complete rubbage and an insult to the cruising public who the cruise lines must think are complete idiots for falling for such an old 'gag'. Last time I got offered one of those, I asked the agent to credit us for 25 percent of the 'so called' value. Naturally, she declined.

I know this is off the OP's subject, but I don't understand why people book with the E. or T travel websites. They aren't cheaper than the CL. I just priced my Oct HAL cruise with T. just for comparison. I paid $300 less thru my TA plus got $100 SBC. Then I compared their pricing to the CL - it was exactly the same as T's pricing. Why bother with a middle man for the same $$. If I'm going to pay more, I'd rather book with the CL and at least I can contact them directly. Just my two cents.....Happy Sailing!

Its hard to believe that a 'high end' line such as HAL, being so quietly sophistocated and catering to cafe society would stoop to a Wal Mart trick like offering near useless coupons on things most people don't want. Won't this tarnish their traditional, seafaring image? Or is it just the art auctions that do that?

Archived