Pub Crawl?

rxlowry

I saw this offered on the Majesty but the time didn't work for us. Five bars and five drinks for 20 bucks. Anyone know what drinks you get? We are going back next month and are thinking about trying it.

Lisa

We did the pub crawls on the Star last January, but there was no cover and we bought our own drinks. The best part was meeting people. The first one was on the second night/first sea night, and we met some great people that we spent time with for the rest of the cruise. :) I highly recommend it. My guess would be that the drinks included would be standard beer or regular bar shots.

I saw this offered on the Majesty but the time didn't work for us. Five bars and five drinks for 20 bucks. Anyone know what drinks you get? We are going back next month and are thinking about trying it.

Lisa

We did not participate but we saw the folks doing the Pub Crawl and they were having a blast! The last night of the cruise they had a Pub Crawl reunion and again, they had a blast. Just from what I saw I would recommend it!

After our experiences pub crawling on the Star, there is no way I would ever miss another one. Some of our favourite stories from that cruise came from the two we attended. We also came away with some not entirely useless prizes - a couple of NCL ditty bags, some pens, frisbees, drink holders... As I said previously, though, the best part was meeting the people we had fun with for the rest of the week. :)

I forgot to mention, also... the second pub crawl was on the night of the Quest game, so all the pub crawlers were a team... we came second. :p

Five bars and five drinks for 20 bucks.

Five drinks?

Are they kidding?

After two, I'd be on a pub DRAG... Because that's what they'll have to do with me to get me to the third bar... LOL

Sounds like a boatload of fun! :D

We did the Pub Crawl one afternoon on the PoAM last year. What a blast that was! There was probably 50 people in our group. The drinks were small, but we had a beer, a mai tai, a couple of shots, and that's all I can remember. I think it cost about $20.00? The crew helped to make it lots of fun and I am sure we irritated more than a few by-standers as we marched from bar to bar shouting PUB CRAWL :-).

Vette

I just posted some stuff on the Pub Crawl on my thread Majesty - Great, Good, Not-So-Good, and Tips. We had a blast! Five shooter-size drinks for $20, all fruity but nicely strong, in about one hour. You will be extremely happy by the end. The cruise director and assistant cruise director both came along. At the first stop he first explained the rules (no drinking til everyone wears a glass, no shouting out answers to trivia, or you have to wear a really huge Mardi Gras mask. Then he had trivia questions and/or some kind of guys vs. gals game. Then when we all got our glasses he had us repeat some kind of semi-baudy toast. (The guys vs. gals games were usually semi-baudy too.) When we walked from one bar to the next (there were about 50 of us) we either shouted Pub Crawl! or sang 99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall or sang Jingle Bells (in August). Oh--we all had to wear name tags with nicknames. If you didn't pick your own nickname, the CD picked one for you and it was really stupid.

I never do this kind of thing (I'm 55 and haven't drunk more than 1-2 drinks at a time in 35 years) and it was incredibly fun to purposely be as loud, annoying, and goofy as possible! The other passengers, sadly, didn't seemed to be annoyed at all, however.

I had so much fun I signed up for the "pub crawl reunion" later in the week. The CD had clearly run out of material (he asked us to propose toasts, for example), and the group was smaller (about 25) so it wasn't quite as much fun. Also, the drinks were considerably stronger and tequila-based, so I got pretty sick afterwards.

But do go for the first one--well worth the $20.

The pub crawl folks started off at the pool bar on the Pride of America a couple weeks ago. I counted 56 of them. Even those of us who weren't going on the event had a lot of fun watching the initial send-off. If that is your sort of thing, I'd say you get an awful lot of fun for only $20.

I can't imagine any other passengers being annoyed by it. It's a cruise, after all. We're there to party ... and we certinly can enjoy watching such a fun group launch a party.

The group on the Majesty had a blast and then there was reunion on the last day as well. We didn't participate (can't drink that much hard liquor anymore) but watched and sort of followed the crowd for a couple of their stops and they were having a blast. The beer tasting was cancelled due to lack of participants (it was at the same time as pub crawl) but they gave everyone a free beer for their inconvenience, which was nice.

The pub crawl on the Majesty 8/2 sailing had an excellent turnout...about 60 plus participants. The reunion later in the week had 50% repeats and 50% new participants. A good time was had by all...with exception to some passengers who did not think it funny. I enjoyed both a seminar on the Atlantic Ocean as I could also hear the non-stop laughter from the pub crawl beginning next door. Those I met throughout the week in attendance, stated they had a great time.

They had a pub crawl on the Pearl's 3/2 sailing. I think it might be a standard offering on the ships although it might vary based on who the CD is as they are in charge of programming.

Have fun!

coka

Archived