Midnight Seafood Buffet on RC?

friday109

We will be on a RC cruise in January - we have heard about the midnight seafood buffet. Friends of ours told us that when they were on a RC cruise they decided to go to the midnight seafood buffet. They did not have a very good experience. First they had to wait in line to get in. THEN all they could do was just walk past the buffet table and look at the ice sculptures & food displays. After a while they let everyone back in to the room but before they could go to the buffet to enjoy the food - they had the watch the wait staff entertain (sing/dance, etc). While they were watching the wait staff show they were told by others waiting that if they did not run to the food they wanted –it would be all gone. They decided that it was not worth the stampede and left. Has anyone else experienced this??

thank you

There is one grand buffet per cruise. Your friends do have some of this right. There is a set time for just looking at the buffet and picture taking. You do stand in line to do this. Once everyone has their photos, then you stand in line again in order to select your food.

It is my understanding that this has been done away with. I could be wrong and somebody can correct me.

I know the Voyager in April (we did a b2b) did not have a midnight buffet on either leg of our b2b...........

There was also no midnight buffet on the Grandeur the previous September.........

Maybe it is more ship specific but I think

RC plans to phase this out. Too much waste. By the way they had one night instead a cook out of some type on the pool deck.........bar b q or something. We didn't go.

Archived