What night is the formal Lobster dinner on Pearl to Alaska?

CaboCruise

What day of the week is the lobster dinner served on the Pearl to Alaska? And is it available in both the Indigo and Summer Palace "free" dining areas? I'm assuming the lobster is not served in the free buffet areas on that night, correct? Also is it a whole Maine lobster? Thanks for any info.

What day of the week is the lobster dinner served on the Pearl to Alaska? And is it available in both the Indigo and Summer Palace "free" dining areas? I'm assuming the lobster is not served in the free buffet areas on that night, correct? Also is it a whole Maine lobster? Thanks for any info.

The lobster is served on Monday, the first "formal or not night". Both Indigo and Summer Palace serve the same menus each night. The lobster tails are not Maine lobsters but are Caribbean lobster tails. These are not the same as Maine lobsters. I don't know about the buffet, but I doubt it. Maine lobster is served at Cagney's but there is a surcharge over the surcharge. I live in an area where we can get live Maine lobsters at a reasonable price, so frozen lobster tails do not appeal to me.

Just make sure you go to dinner pretty early if you're planning to go to the show - we went to Summer Palace at 5:45 and had excellent service and plenty of time to get to the 7:15 show, but I noticed that it got VERY crowded at the door by a little after 6. One of our CC friends had a pretty bad experience with service, etc. that evening, probably due to the crunch.

Cabocruise - just had to laugh. You and I posted almost the same question about lobster night...just about different ships. I really didn't notice yours before I posted my question. Must be some weird cosmic lobster thing going on!

Bluewake

On a typical 7 night cruise, lobster is served 2x in the main DR's. The first time is the lobster tail as mentioned and later in the week will be the surf and more surf dish that includes lobster, shrimp, mussels and fish over linguini.

If you want to take your formal wear for "Dress up or Not" night, go right ahead! But resort casual is also perfectly acceptable any night.

Hi. Cruising on the Dawn Oct 5, 2008. I'm curious, can I order more than one Lobster tail on the first Lobster night? On Carnival I almost always order two of the main entrees (I have a large appetite). Can I have all the lobster tail I want?

Hi. Cruising on the Dawn Oct 5, 2008. I'm curious, can I order more than one Lobster tail on the first Lobster night? On Carnival I almost always order two of the main entrees (I have a large appetite). Can I have all the lobster tail I want?

you sure can.

Archived