What happened in Cozumel last Friday?

More curious minds want to know what happened on the Rapsody????

My heart and prayers go out to John and wishing they get through this hard time with their fellow CC members.

[email]wendy0416@rogers.nl.net[/email]

[quote name='larlisjones']We were on the Mariner, someone from our group posted on this thread (Post #8) the details as to what happened. Just thought I would let you know that someone did post the info.[/QUOTE][i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=darkred]We did see the post about the Mariner, and we all feel for the friends and family of that poor man, but it was also said on another post that the Rapsody incident was a different thing.[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#8b0000]So just what did happen on the Rapsody??? We want the skinny on it.[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=4][color=#8b0000]Stretch[/color][/size][/font][/i]

Sorry for the Silence!!

Ok,the info I was going to E-mail Jordanaire was about the Gentleman on the Mariner...I either didn't see the part of her post that said Rhapsody.Or I just did not snap ..since I have been on Rhapsody so many times and am now booked on Mariner......When I read the OP"s OP.....I was very concerned for the family that this thread would get out of hand like some others have...the lady that lost her money in the casiono...and the missing girl on Rhapsody..to name a few.So I went to their rollcall to request a statement be made on the families benefit....

This was such a sad thing...And after reading all 48 pages of their rollcall...You could tell what a great family they were...and I did not want them to read anything that would upset them..(Lori)........

I was assuming TM3's ...statement would have been sufficient So I did not E-mail everyone else that followed......I am truely sorry for any confusion....and I truely hope that something serious did not also happen aboard Rhapsody....Just remember guys....Behind your computer screen are real people...with real issues...There was a thread a while back about a guy that dissappeared off a ship....and was never found.All kinds of ugly things were said...and then his mother made a post to the thread!....I know no one did that...and I know everyone wants to know what goes on...We are all so "linked" with our passion of cruising.Like I said....I just didn't want it to be disrespectful...

Thanks ya'll...And I am really sorry for any mis info I put out!:o

I am just recovering from this illness, after having spent 30 days in the hospital.

The disease is fatal about 10% of the time. I am slowing regaining my health and the weight I lost. My Doctor tells me it will take 6 to 8 weeks to fully recover.

This is a terrible disease, usually caused by a gall stones (my case) or excessive drinking.

My heart goes out to the family in their time of grief, and reminds us all what truly is important in life.

May God bless the soul of the gentleman who passed away and comfort his heart-broken family and friends. An emergency like theirs so far away from the familiarity and safety of home makes it all-the-more devastating, if that's possible!

My husband has had acute pancreatitis 6 - 7 times...excrutiatingly painful; he nearly died twice. It hit him 3 times while we were on vacations, but at least we were in the U.S. The MD's will not even give pain meds until the tests absolutely confirm it. I can't figure out what the 2 surgeries were for, since if an operation must be done (to remove the gall bladder, for example), the surgeon wants the pancreas to "calm down" first. I'm deeply sorry he could not be saved, must have been an ultra-emergency. How terrible and tragic.

More $$$ must be spent for research on this organ, which is delicate and difficult to deal with. There is NO medication or treatment for pancreatitis. The patient is kept in the hospital; gets NOTHING TO EAT OR DRINK by mouth so the pancreas doesn't have to "go to work"(one of its functions is to aid digestion); is kept hydrated and given antibiotics, all by IV; and is given shots of heavy-duty pain medication. Then all you can do is wait and pray.

Our condolences to the family.

More $$$ must be spent for research on this organ, which is delicate and difficult to deal with.

Isn't that the truth!!! In addition to the condition you have been speaking about, let us also not forget the role the pancreas plays in insulin production. Very important organ indeed that probably doesn't get the attention it deserves in the research world!

Archived