All things Ruby Princess

caribbeanboy

I'm at 49 days today:p

I'm on the same inaugural cruise as you, November 8th. Seven weeks to go, can't wait.

Hmm, I hope Trista and Ryan get to go on the full week cruise, not just the 2 day preview. It would suck to be proclaimed godparents of the ship, and then not get a full cruise out of it!:eek:

Sharon

Hi.. I am on the Ruby 3/21/09 and have been reading this thread and everyone commenting on the pictures. but I must be blind cause I don't see the pics or a link. can someone help me? :(

Thanks

Peg

Try using "refresh" (F5)

Hi.. I am on the Ruby 3/21/09 and have been reading this thread and everyone commenting on the pictures. but I must be blind cause I don't see the pics or a link. can someone help me? :(

Thanks

Peg

Are you browsing from work by any chance? The images I see here are mostly hosted on photobucket.com, and some offices (mine, for instance!) block it.

Hi all,

I did a seach but it is not working at the moment. So it seems you all know a lot about the ship. Can you tell me if the balconies are the same as on other Princess ships? The ones that sort of pyramid out and you can see into the balconies below you? And is the Caribe deck the one with the larger balconies, half covered, half not covered? Just want to be sure before we book our cabin. Thanks so much!

Hi all,

I did a seach but it is not working at the moment. So it seems you all know a lot about the ship. Can you tell me if the balconies are the same as on other Princess ships? The ones that sort of pyramid out and you can see into the balconies below you? And is the Caribe deck the one with the larger balconies, half covered, half not covered? Just want to be sure before we book our cabin. Thanks so much!

Yes the Ruby Princess is just like all other "Grand" class ships in design of the balconies. The Ruby is identical to the Crown Princess and Emerald Princess.

Caribe deck has the largest balconies and are still half covered / half uncovered.

I just got confirmed to attend the Naming Ceremony and go on the 2-day pre-inaugural. I have never been to a naming ceremony, so I am quite excited.

I have started a roll call for the pre-inaugural, if anyone else is going.

I will try to get a review up in time for all of you on the inaugural cruise, and at least for those on the following week.

The Ruby is identical to the Crown Princess and Emerald Princess.

CL-JW .....sorry to steal your Thunder here but the above comment is not quite Factually correct! the reason being is that Ruby has 4 More Balcony cabins than the other 2.

There are now 4 Balcony cabins, 2 either side of the Aft pool.....as you can see in the pic below.

The pictures are hosted by photobucket as they are for our website.....http://www.sunshimmer.proboards85.com

DSC03537.jpg

The Ruby is identical to the Crown Princess and Emerald Princess.

CL-JW .....sorry to steal your Thunder here but the above comment is not quite Factually correct! the reason being is that Ruby has 4 More Balcony cabins than the other 2.

There are now 4 Balcony cabins, 2 either side of the Aft pool.....

I just booked the 4/4/09 sailing on Monday, and all four of these rooms were still available. Needless to say, there are only three left now!

We are on the June 9 sailing from Venice. Does anyone know the location of the Princess Dock? Just booked our hotel for 1 night pre sailing. What time can we board the ship on June 9th? Thanks for the help

You will probably get a better response on these questions starting a new thread for them or asking on the roll call or both.

Welcome to CC:)

• 2 weeks later...

My friend is on the Ruby when it leaves Monfalcone in Italy for the USA, they are with the ship until Aljeciras so i am hoping he will send a few more pictures as he did with the others posted on this thread.

On a more Sad note.....Last week a Supervisor was killed on Wednesday evening during a Black out Test on the Ruby when he was hit by one of the watertight doors as it closed.

Archived