new ship in jersey

sac2

Hmmm, do they really? We've never investigated....Might just have to!! Do you know any specifics? (how long are you on board.....??)

Prices range in the $140 - $150 range for an inside. I believe the ship sails at 7PM and arrives back aound 8AM.

In answer to the "to where" question: There is a strong demand in the NY area for weekly 7 day cruises to Bermuda, where the ship stays there over several nights. RCI should have one ship (a Radiance Class ship, perhaps?) dedicated to this itinerary, like Celebrity used to have.

The problem with this is where the ships dock. Most of the ships now have to dock at the Dockyard and until they get the additional pier built, there is not enough space for all the ships to stay for additional time. Hopefully when they do finish the second pier, RCI can expand the time. When Celebrity had the Horizon and Zenith, they were able to dock at St. George's due to their small size.

I'm all for the 7 night to Bermuda. We're driving to Baltimore next summer to take a 5 night there but I know it won't be long enough. Life is too short to cruise on the same ship over and over. I want some new ships to come to NY/NJ/MD!!

Not that I don't love the Explorer, but I enjoy going on different ships. Part of the fun is getting to know a new ship. I would love to cruise on a larger ship, but I can't see flying to Florida for a 7 night cruise.

I too would love to have a different ship at least for one year - especially with a covered Solarium.

My wife and I are planning to book a 9 day April 2010 cruise out of Bayonne on the Explorer.

Is there a problem with Explorer or do you guys just want more variety? I love the Voyager ships, but we have never cruised out of Jersey.

The problem with this is where the ships dock. Most of the ships now have to dock at the Dockyard and until they get the additional pier built, there is not enough space for all the ships to stay for additional time. Hopefully when they do finish the second pier, RCI can expand the time. When Celebrity had the Horizon and Zenith, they were able to dock at St. George's due to their small size.

What about a small RCI ship docking in St Georges?

Id even be happy tendering...:cool:

Are they in the process of building a new pier there now? I wonder if a Radiance class ship can dock at Hamilton or St. Georges, or if they are too large too. What about Enchantment?

The 5 day Explorer to Bermuda is OK, but not really enough time, and we can't get enough time off for a 9 day cruise.

I like what someone else said about stopping at another port on the East Coast on the way to Bermuda or Bahamas to constitute a 7 day cruise. We took a 7 day cruise on another line from NY to Port Canaveral, Freeport and Nassau.

My wife and I are planning to book a 9 day April 2010 cruise out of Bayonne on the Explorer.

Is there a problem with Explorer or do you guys just want more variety? I love the Voyager ships, but we have never cruised out of Jersey.

Explorer is great!!!! There is nothing wrong with her. More variety would be nice :-)

The beginning of 2010 will be right before dry dock if Im not mistaken.

Nothing wrong with Explorer - we love her! The issue for us is that she does 5 day cruises alternating with 9 day cruises. One is too short, and the other we cannot secure that much time off from work. We'd love a week long cruise that spends 4 days in Bermuda. We'd also love the option of sailing on a Radiance class ship from NY just for a change of pace.

Explorer is great! Cruising out of Bayonne under the Verazanno bridge is awesome, but not as awesome as cruising out of Manhattan. We've been on 5 cruise lines (11 cruises) and Explorer is a great ship. Now that airfare is so high, we're thinking of cruising closer to home more often and we would love some variety.

That being said, it would also be great if they tweaked the traffic patterns at the cruise terminal if they are planning to bring in a larger ship.

What about a small RCI ship docking in St Georges?

Id even be happy tendering...:cool:

Are they in the process of building a new pier there now? I wonder if a Radiance class ship can dock at Hamilton or St. Georges, or if they are too large too. What about Enchantment?

The 5 day Explorer to Bermuda is OK, but not really enough time, and we can't get enough time off for a 9 day cruise.

I like what someone else said about stopping at another port on the East Coast on the way to Bermuda or Bahamas to constitute a 7 day cruise. We took a 7 day cruise on another line from NY to Port Canaveral, Freeport and Nassau.

RCI no longer has a ship that can fit into the smaller ports and all ships in the fleet would have to dock at the Dockyard pier. If you are familiar with "Radio" and his live posts, he was on NCL's Majesty recently and he posted photos of the new pier that is currently being constructed adjacent to the current pier at the Dockyard.

I would love to see RCI take the Freedom out of Pt. Canaveral a few times in the summer to Bermuda. They could throw CoCo Cay into the mix. That would be a nice cruise out of Florida for a change.

RCI no longer has a ship that can fit into the smaller ports and all ships in the fleet would have to dock at the Dockyard pier. If you are familiar with "Radio" and his live posts, he was on NCL's Majesty recently and he posted photos of the new pier that is currently being constructed adjacent to the current pier at the Dockyard.

I would love to see RCI take the Freedom out of Pt. Canaveral a few times in the summer to Bermuda. They could throw CoCo Cay into the mix. That would be a nice cruise out of Florida for a change.

Yes, I'm familair with Radio and his Live threads (they're the best!). I was in Bermuda just a few weeks ago as well and saw the construction. I dont know when it is slated to be compelte tho :confused: Next to it they are also constructing.....

P6300120.jpg

We LOVE the Explorer!!!! It will be my 3rd time on her. But like others said, we are pretty much fed up with flying....the weight limits, baggage costs, the liquid stuff, etc. so another ship would be nice!!! I love the idea of a 7 nighter to Bermuda!!

We feel the same way about flying. It wouldnt be as bad if we were just 2 people flying but 4 people flying to somewhere lets say like San juan had to cost thousands and I refuse to add that onto the cost of a cruise, as well as baggage restrictions, a 7 night sail to Bermuda would be just PERFECT wouldnt it? We have been on her 3x (24 days) and Voyager 2x (18 days) and love them both!! (altho miss the Big Red Phone Booth that is on Voyager)

I have read so many different stories about ships coming and not coming to NJ that I dont believe any of them, time will tell. I think between the people, the crew (Hotel director, LA, Master...) and corporate there are so many different stories that people have been told that its hard to truly beleive any of them. RCI is aware that there is a population of senior cruisers up here (maybe not AS many as FL, lol) but they know there is a population up here and they have ample time to cruise in the off months when other people can't, but from what I gathered from Captain Ryan (bestill my heart, he really left an impression on me!!!), they still dont think there is enough to fill TWO ships, but it might happen in a 'few' years as they continue to see how and who Explorer fills with. They're (rci) taking way too much time on this imho, get us a small ship and nice long bermuda itinerary lol

I'll Bet on the Freedom Class Type Ship For the Fall of 2010 or Spring 2011 for Cape Liberty. X has the Connie doing Canada/New England Voyages during Sept/October from Bayonne. Take a look at does Per-Diem rates :(

I'll Bet on the Freedom Class Type Ship For the Fall of 2010 or Spring 2011 for Cape Liberty. X has the Connie doing Canada/New England Voyages during Sept/October from Bayonne. Take a look at does Per-Diem rates :(

I hope you are right. I was just on the Liberty and LOVED it!!!! It was an awesome ship.

I think more ships should come to Bayonne also. It is an easy port to get to once you're off the turnpike. I thought it was hassle-free. I'd just like to see some more ships driving distance esp. with the rising cost of fuel. The airfare is really adding to the cost of cruising.

We usually cruise 2 times a year. Every previous cruise we have taken was out of Florida. We have booked 2 January cruises out of Bayonne (2009+2010). Pricing we felt was better for a 9 and a 10 nighter as opposed to a 7 nighter out of Florida once you add in airfare, pre-cruise hotel stay,meals on your pre-cruise stay, etc........ Not to mention the possibility of a flight being delayed or cancelled due to weather in the winter months.I forgot to mention we are about 1 hr or so away from the port.

We usually cruise 2 times a year. Every previous cruise we have taken was out of Florida. We have booked 2 January cruises out of Bayonne (2009+2010). Pricing we felt was better for a 9 and a 10 nighter as opposed to a 7 nighter out of Florida once you add in airfare, pre-cruise hotel stay,meals on your pre-cruise stay, etc........ Not to mention the possibility of a flight being delayed or cancelled due to weather in the winter months.I forgot to mention we are about 1 hr or so away from the port.

Or problems with Delayed Luggage due to Computer Problems which recently occured in NYC.

We love Bermuda but won't sail there for just 5 days.:(

We were spoiled for years (1992-2005) here in the NY/NJ area with the X- Horizon, Zenith & RCCL Empress 7 Day Itin's to BDA

My husband and I would also love to see another RCCL ship sail outta Bayonne. We have sailed on Voyager and Explorer outta Bayonne. Beats flying somewhere. It takes us around 2 1/2 hours to get to Bayonne from Albany. Easy drive. We would like to see a southern caribbean cruise on one of the Freedom class ships. Liberty of the Seas would be awesome and sounds neat. "Liberty of the Seas, sailing from Cape Liberty, will be sailing by the Statue of Liberty." We would like a Freedom Class ship as there would be plenty to do on the days at sea. We love the southern caribbean itinerary they have on April 26th 2009 but my husband can't go then as he is busy with tax season. We like to go in May so we can celebrate our anniversary. Please Royal Caribbean bring another ship to Bayonne.:confused:

We love Bermuda but won't sail there for just 5 days.:(

Try the NCL Majesty out of Phila. Obviously not the EOS, but at least it's a 7 night cruise to BDA. :)

I would think that the high prices on fuel will work against RCI (or other lines locating more ships to the Northeast. Other than Bermuda (which has not been very friendly to most cruise lines) and the fall foliage cruises, most of the Northeast cruises would have to be south to the Caribbean. Given the price of fuel, its much more cost effective for the cruise lines to sail out of Florida, PR, or other southern ports. We join with many other cruisers in wishing there were more options out of the NE, but it is what it is!

Hank

Archived