Booking with Carnival vs. vacation sites?

laurenlou

What is the advantage of booking directly with Carnival vs. the travel websites? Some travel websites are cheaper and offer on board credits. Will Carnival match those deals?

Not likely, the TA's are either taking it out of their end, or have done a bulk buy from Carnival.

With our military discount, we get better deals through Carnival. Our PVP is great, so we always go that route. We have never had any problems. Sorry, I'm not much help.

Won't your travel agent give you the military discount? Every discount Carnival will give you, you can also get from a travel agent.

Some travel agents also rebate some of their commission. Hard to believe you can get a better deal with Carnival.

Bill

We called a online travel site last night. The initial price looked good, but of course when we called that particular balcony "price" was already sold out, but they could book us another balcony guarantee for $$$, which happen to be the same price on the Carnival website

We called Carnival direct and was able to pick our own floor/cabin, which we prefer to do, for only $30 more per person. To me it was worth it.

But whether it's online website or direct I will always choose the one where I can get the best deal. In this day and time I'm all about saving where I can

Dianne

Archived