Azamara Panama Canal Cruise Dec. 18 2008

hollywoody

Our first cruise. Hope we did it right...stateroom is Sunset Veranda #7000, near the bow. I hear that might be rocky but we do 8 hours every weekend on a 28' Crownline on a very busy lake so not a problem. We're getting off in Cabo San Lucas for five days at our favorite hotel. So if anybody can give us input on...good room...good ship...etc. it will be appreciated.

HollyWoody

Kansas City, MO

Our first cruise. Hope we did it right...stateroom is Sunset Veranda #7000, near the bow. I hear that might be rocky but we do 8 hours every weekend on a 28' Crownline on a very busy lake so not a problem. We're getting off in Cabo San Lucas for five days at our favorite hotel. So if anybody can give us input on...good room...good ship...etc. it will be appreciated.

HollyWoody

Kansas City, MO

Hi HollyWoody !

Welcome to Cruise Critic !

I cannot offer any advice on your cabin, as I have never stayed in a SV cabin. Hopefully, some of our other Cruise Critic friends will be able to offer some information on this.

As for the ship, we were on Quest (which is virtually identical) and we had a great cruise. If you are looking for more of an upscale cruise, on a smaller ship, with excellent service, wonderful food, and very good entertainment, you will probably be very happy with Azamara.

You may wish to check out your "Roll Call", where you will find others on your sailing. Here is the link for your Roll Call on Journey : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=772306

If you have other questions, feel free to ask. Enjoy your Cruise !

I haven't sailed on Azamara yet, but I did tour the Oceania Regatta, which has an almost identical layout. The SV cabins are very nice. If 7000 is a forward-facing cabin, you'll have a terrific balcony - deeper than the usual port or starboard side ones.

My personal preference would be to have an SV on the stern because I love the wake view. And, although skipping along on a small boat doesn't bother me at all, I find the rolling motion of a ship to be a bit bothersome all the way forward. The larger the ship the worse it is for me. Go figure.

Do join us on the Roll Call - it's been very quiet over there!

Just curious

Are you allowed to disembark in Mexico without penalty?

No penalty, but you don't get any $$$ back. You do have to get permmission from the Captain to do it though...in advance. We go to Cabo every year so this is fine and on New Year's Eve for a bonus. I can't think of anything more boring than two days to LA from Cabo and that could be rough water also.

No penalty, but you don't get any $$$ back. You do have to get permmission from the Captain to do it though...in advance. We go to Cabo every year so this is fine and on New Year's Eve for a bonus. I can't think of anything more boring than two days to LA from Cabo and that could be rough water also.

Thanks

That is interesting.

Thanks

That is interesting.

About the rough passage line...after a lot of trips to Cabo we've managed to make a few friends in the marina with boats (I'm a mariner wanna be) and the west coast of Mexico/CA is one of the worst around we've been told. No storms, just rough water. Anyway...we'll be watching fireworks from the Whale Watchers Bar at the Finisterra Hotel with mojitos in hand and wish you smooth sailing.

Archived