Can I change my cruise?

Hello everyone! I booked a five day RC Explorer to Bermuda for September 6, will the cruiseline allow me to change my booking to a seven day in the caribbean? I've tried searching their webpages, and can't find the answer... thanks for any help in advance.

Yes, you can change but the cruise line may charge an admin fee, probably about $50 per person. If the new cruise is more expensive than the original one you may not have to pay at all. We have done this before without any problem.

Yes, you can change but the cruise line may charge an admin fee, probably about $50 per person. If the new cruise is more expensive than the original one you may not have to pay at all. We have done this before without any problem.

This may not be true............. if you're past final payment. You need to contact the cruise line directly to find out what your options are.

For future reference, in the past when I've decided to switch cruises after final payment date, RCCL has looked at it like I was cancelling the old reservation and rebooking a new cruise. So I was charged the cancellation penalty on the old reservation (in my case it was just the deposit amount) to transfer to a different cruise.

netizen2 - I did this exact same thing last year (summer 07). I wanted to switch the 5 day bermuda on the explorer for 2 of us to a 7 day in the caribbean for 4 of us. It took 3 phone calls. The first few reps didn't want to do it, but the last one realized that it was a good business decision for RC. I incurred no cancellation fees', and only had to pay the difference in the cruise fares.

Archived