onboard drycleaning

citygirl

just noticed that a white silk dress I was planning on taking needs dry cleaning, rather than have it done at home and then carefully drag it with me I was thinking of just rolling it up and having it cleaned on beard then its freshly pressed and clean for sure, would you trust ship and about how much is a fancy dress to have cleaned, Thanks! Oh we are on Mercury Alaska

just noticed that a white silk dress I was planning on taking needs dry cleaning, rather than have it done at home and then carefully drag it with me I was thinking of just rolling it up and having it cleaned on beard then its freshly pressed and clean for sure, would you trust ship and about how much is a fancy dress to have cleaned, Thanks! Oh we are on Mercury Alaska

We have actually done that for years. We send the Tux & the suit for smart casual night to drycleaning as soon as we get on board. It comes back cleaned & pressed the next day & we are good for the rest of the cruise.

Never had a problem with on board dry cleaning.

If you dress has beading or needs special care, I don't think I'd entrust it to the dry cleaners on the ship.

But if it doesn't need any special care, then I'd agree that it makes sense to have it done on the ship. I've had several items dry cleaned and have always been happy with the service. Actually, I now don't even press the fussy things, I just send them out for press-only service once we get on board.

Royal Caribbean's website shows a charge of $8.00 for dry cleaning an evening gown.

I think the dry cleaning and laundry service on board (my experiences are limited to Celebrity and Princess) is quite good, considering they take care of all the show costumes and the crew suits/uniforms. I've never had anything ruined and I feel the price is well worth it. I also take my formals and have them cleaned and pressed on board.

I also have used the on-board pressing and dry cleaning. I had my satin ball gown pressed, DH's tux pressed and his white dinner jacket dry cleaned on Voyager OTS. The work was beautiful. The staff probably does more formal wear than my regular dry cleaner here in central Texas! I will do this again for future cruises.:)

we are on Mercury so yes we have dry cleaning and its 9.50 for a formal dress vs. 18.50 at my local drycleaner, its just a simple silk chiffon halter dress with a hankerchef hem so I think I'll give it a shot, do they attend to little stains the way my local place puts little stickers where it need extra attention?

we are on Mercury so yes we have dry cleaning and its 9.50 for a formal dress vs. 18.50 at my local drycleaner, its just a simple silk chiffon halter dress with a hankerchef hem so I think I'll give it a shot, do they attend to little stains the way my local place puts little stickers where it need extra attention?

There is a space for special instructions- you can also request that they just steam the dress lightly. Just make sure you give the items to the cabin attendant after sail away. I usually do two bags- one for quick service for first formal night.

Archived