Cabin for 2, but we have 3

cruisequeen10

Did you book thru an agent? They should clear that up.

If the ship is full and no stateroom available with an extra berth, they should have told you and given you the choice. Some rooms have sleeper sofas. Would that be better for you?

On the Mercury this summer, my son had an inside cabin that really only should be sold for 2 but they sold it as a triple. They rolled in a cot that took up so much of the rest of the room it was a nightmare when it was opened up. His daughter (just turned 4) was too young to put into a pull down out of the ceiling bed. Next time, they will make sure the cabin specifically has a sofa bed for her. Live and learn.

We are a party of 3 which was assigned to a cabin for 2. We were notified that they will be putting a rollaway in for the 3rd person. Has anyone else encountered this situation. I didn't pay all this money to sleep on a rollaway.

HI CruiseQueen10...

What type of stateroom are you in? When you booked the cabin, what were you told the sleeping arrangement would be for the third person?

It's definitely not comfortable.

Maybe rollaway bed itself is comfortable, but when it's rolled instead of 3 beds you have one huge one.

We experienced the same problem on Mercury. Our 14 yo son basically slept with us. :o :D It was my fault though as when I booked I only checked location, but not how many sleeping places that cabin had.

We have the same situation-3 adults staying in one room. Initially we booked an OV room with a sofa bed. We started to get nervous about the small space and booked a CC Class room with a senior discount (mom is going on the cruise). This cabin is a little bigger than a standard OV room, plus it has a balcony. It has a sofa bed. I was checking the X website frequently and found a good deal on a FV room and booked it fast. The third person will still have to sleep on a sofa bed, but I believe there is a loveseat and a larger couch to choose from (may just sleep on the couch if opened bed is uncomfortable).

If you can afford to upgrade your room to at least a balcony or CC Class, I would do that. Check the X website daily because the rates do change. We have not gone on our cruise yet, so I can't say how great the beds will be. Good luck!

You check out the cabin graphics.

Some cabins do have the fold down bunks, and they are indicated on the deck plans with a symbol. Others state they have pull out sofa beds or a rollaway. The information is there if you look for it.

Unless you specifically ask for fold down bunks, most if not all cabins are made for two passengers.

Dave:eek:

Archived