Where to stay pre cruise in Ft. Lauderdale

Skeezics

Any of you have a favorite hotel for one night in Ft. Lauderdale? Close to port, restaurant on site or close by, shopping, movie theaters close enough to walk to. First time staying, usually end up here on a cruise and fly home immediately. Thanks, Barbara

Any of you have a favorite hotel for one night in Ft. Lauderdale? Close to port, restaurant on site or close by, shopping, movie theaters close enough to walk to. First time staying, usually end up here on a cruise and fly home immediately. Thanks, Barbara

Hi,:) there are hotels along 17th Street that are all within a 5-7

minute cab ride to the port....Renassiance, Embassy Suites,

Hyatt Pier 66, and Hyatt Place (formerly Amerisuites) but now

totally remodeled are all near the port.

17th Street has quite a few restaurants...Italian, Seafood, Mexican,

Steaks, etc.. all over.

There is the beach, another few minutes away from the port

by cab with a lot of hotel choices.

There is also Las Olas Blvd (my personal favorite area) with

an entire Blvd of fun and funky shops and restaurants.

For more specific hotels and FLL information I would suggest

checking out the "FLorida Forum" as you will find tons

of hotel and restaurant choices over there:)

Lois is correct about 17th. It's really so close to some of the piers that you will see crew at the local Walgreen's (or CVS, I forget).

There is also a Holiday Inn Express that we have used several times.

The H&E Marina deli is a great place for a Reuben or other deli stuff. We try to hit it each time we are there. The owner is a NY transplant. They're only open til 3PM (2PM on Sunday). It's at 1453 SE 17th.

There's also a nice restaurant on Cordova Rd not too far from the hotels. For the life of me I can't think of the name. When I do, I'll post it.

The Water Taxi is nearby and is an excursion in itself. It will also get you to Las Olas Blvd for shopping and more food!

Charlie

Hyatt Parc 66. I would request in your reservation to get one of the refurbished rooms, and then when you land in Fort Laud, call the hotel and verbally confirm the request.

If there's kids involved...

Lago Mar might be a choice. It's part private club, part hotel. Wonderful beach, great service, and excellent food choices within the resort. Nice pool area, mini golf area, etc.

Hyatt Parc 66. I would request in your reservation to get one of the refurbished rooms, and then when you land in Fort Laud, call the hotel and verbally confirm the request.

If there's kids involved...

Lago Mar might be a choice. It's part private club, part hotel. Wonderful beach, great service, and excellent food choices within the resort. Nice pool area, mini golf area, etc.

The Comfort Inn and Suites, 1800 South Federal Highway, which joins at right angles to 17th Street about a block from the hotel. It is no frills, but not bad. It has a free shuttle to from the airport to hotel and hotel to port. Check it out on Trip Advisor. Cost last fall was $83 and this fall will be $96. We are staying there again, pre and post cruise. Hope this helps.

We've stayed at the Hampton Inn - airport north. Free shuttle from airport and to pier. Free breakfast. The shuttle will also take you to the Rendezvous, a water-front restaurant witih a variet menu (we liked it). And you can "pay" with Hilton Honors points...and make everything but dinner free. The hotel has a pool, workout room, and computer in the lobby.

My wife and I (along with our kids when they go) always stay at the Riverside Hotel.

Great location, right on Los Olas Blvd. Great places to eat and have fun at.

The other places we have been at is Pier 66 and Lago Mar. I liked Lago Mar better, due to price and being right on the beach.

We stayed at the Renissaunce by Marriot which is the closest to port. We had a corner room with two windows and you could see the ships from our room. There is a Walgreens across the street. And if you like Italian food there a a very good restaraunt Bravos right across the street. You can walk to several shopping centers such as Harbour Shops with Total Wine and grocery store plus restaraunts. The Trolley stops across the street in front og the hotel and will take you to several places if you don't want to walk.

We stayed in one of the refurbished rooms in Pier 66 and found the hotel to be way overpriced.

I appreciate all the recommendations here because I'm about to book for December and didn't want to stay at Pier 66 again. I think I'll price out the Marriott...I love to see the ships from the hotel!

Embassy Suites! Great Rooms & includes breakfast! Close to shopping & the cruise terminal!

We usually stay at Marriott's Harbor Beach Resort. It's close enough to the cruise ship terminal that you can see the ships from the top floors, and it's right on the beach. We find it to be a very relaxing start to our trip. We'll be there again in November before heading out on Solstice.

We stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66 last December, it was quite good. Get a room in the main tower, not a "lanai" room, which may be far from the lobby, and has those window air conditioners a lot noisier than the central air conditioning in the main tower!

We are staying at the Courtyard Mariot airport and cruise hotel, do you think that is an ok place?:confused: :cool:

Read the post about the Courtyard by Marriot on this fourm.

The op gives it a great review, as does tripadvisor.

Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I believe they have a shuttle to and from the airport, but to the cruise port only.

You would need a taxi at the end of your cruise to get to the airport or hotel if you are staying post cruise.

We usually stay at Marriott's Harbor Beach Resort. It's close enough to the cruise ship terminal that you can see the ships from the top floors, and it's right on the beach. We find it to be a very relaxing start to our trip. We'll be there again in November before heading out on Solstice.

We stayed here in January prior to our cruise and loved it. The beds were so comfortable. I enjoyed watching the sunrise and watching the cruise ships from our ocean front balcony. Here are our pictures from the hotel and the beach. Marriott Harbor Beach Resort

BTW, our next cruise is on the Solstice in November too. Are you on the inaugural cruise or the Nov 30th cruise?

Michael and Donna

Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I believe they have a shuttle to and from the airport, but to the cruise port only.

You would need a taxi at the end of your cruise to get to the airport or hotel if you are staying post cruise.

I'm pretty sure that the shuttle to the cruise port is charged for. Most/all hotels in FLL offer cruise shuttles but they are really just acting as agents for a shuttle company. We have found that it is easier, faster and cheaper to call for a cab.

Courtyard does not have a complimentary breakfast either. They do serve a nice hot breakfast. But, again, there is a charge unless you have a specail package (at a higher cost per room).

Marriott is my preferred hotel brand (70 Marriott brand nights this year so far:eek: )and while Courtyard is one of their products I generally avoid them.

Charlie

I'm pretty sure that the shuttle to the cruise port is charged for. Most/all hotels in FLL offer cruise shuttles but they are really just acting as agents for a shuttle company. We have found that it is easier, faster and cheaper to call for a cab.

Courtyard does not have a complimentary breakfast either. They do serve a nice hot breakfast. But, again, there is a charge unless you have a specail package (at a higher cost per room).

Marriott is my preferred hotel brand (70 Marriott brand nights this year so far:eek: )and while Courtyard is one of their products I generally avoid them.

Charlie

How about the SpringHill Suites in Dania? We are staying there on points this February. ANy info on that hotel?

How about the SpringHill Suites in Dania? We are staying there on points this February. ANy info on that hotel?
I've never stayed there but they do have "on request" airport shuttle and complimentary breakfast.

I would guess that they do offer the same shuttle service to the cruise port. But for us, using a cab means we don't have to wait for the van to show up, everyone gets in, and the van may make several stops before it gets to your ship. Dania is a bit further from the cruise port but the cab fare should be around $20 for the 2 of you.

Charlie

Yes, they said they would pick us up at the airport AND take us to the cruise ship! Can't beat that! Nancie:cool:

Charlie

Hi charlie,

Called Courtyard, the shuttle is free, but you are correct about the breakfast, there is a charge for that...

Archived