Finally! Upgrade on our Guarantee booking.

terri910

I think this is either our fourth or fifth cruise where we have booked a guarantee (usually an ocean view guarantee), and it is the first one where we've been upgraded to a balcony cabin. I've been checking the Carnival website every other day or so, to see if we'd been assigned a cabin number, yet, and finally, today we have a stateroom # for our Vancouver-Hawaii cruise next month!

So, we wound up on Upper Deck in a 7A balcony with an obstructed view. Anyone familiar with the obstructed view balconies on the Spirit....how obstructed IS the view?

Hey, congrat's on your upgrade... I hope I can get an upgrade on my gty booking also.

You have a nice long cruise, at the very least, you can get some sunshine and fresh air in your room. But as for looking directly out, your view would most likely be a life boat in your way. But still, not a bad upgrade, especially for your itinerary

!

Have a great time!

I think this is either our fourth or fifth cruise where we have booked a guarantee (usually an ocean view guarantee), and it is the first one where we've been upgraded to a balcony cabin. I've been checking the Carnival website every other day or so, to see if we'd been assigned a cabin number, yet, and finally, today we have a stateroom # for our Vancouver-Hawaii cruise next month!

So, we wound up on Upper Deck in a 7A balcony with an obstructed view. Anyone familiar with the obstructed view balconies on the Spirit....how obstructed IS the view?

Hey, congrat's on your upgrade... I hope I can get an upgrade on my gty booking also.

You have a nice long cruise, at the very least, you can get some sunshine and fresh air in your room. But as for looking directly out, your view would most likely be a life boat in your way. But still, not a bad upgrade, especially for your itinerary

!

Have a great time!

I'm looking forward to it! I love the sound of the ship slicing through the ocean at night. I know the deck plan on Carnival's website indicates a life boat, but I was just wondering if it pretty much obstructs your "straight out" view, or if you look out over the top of the lifeboat. I'm happy, no matter what!

I think that is a terrific upgrade......

Because you weren't expecting a balcony, think about all the advantages BESIDES the potential view.....

>> Leaving the door open and listening to the waves....

>> The fresh air coming in....

>> The smell of the ocean in your room....

>> Sitting outside in your private area having coffee or before dinner drinks....

Enjoy it!

Catrin

I have seen a few threads with pictures and opinions of these cabins. You can possibly search for them. Below is one of the recent threads. It's about the Miracle, but I believe all the Spirit class ships would be the same. I hope you write a review as we have a 7A on the Spirit next year. From the photos I have seen and what I have read, the life boats come up to a few feet above the base of the balcony. So, you can see straight out, but not down.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=819459

whooo hooooo. Some of the 7As are more obstructed than others, you will be looking around or between the life boats hanging outside.

Who cares as long as you have a balcony and paid for a OV. I bet you are jumping up and down.

whooo hooooo. Some of the 7As are more obstructed than others, you will be looking around or between the life boats hanging outside.

Who cares as long as you have a balcony and paid for a OV. I bet you are jumping up and down.

I'm VERY happy! Of course, I'm very happy just to be going on the cruise -- but this is a nice surprise!

It appears that our room is positioned at the center of the first lifeboat on the starboard side. The thread linked to says the first three lifeboats are larger (the ones that can also double as tenders), so we may have a more obstructed view than others....but, then, two of our ports are tendered, so who knows, we may have excellent views for a little while! *LOL*

We have five days at sea.....I want to have some mornings where I (or we) go up to the Lido Deck and get our breakfast and take it back down to our room and have breakfast on our balcony!

Grats, I told someone that the 7a is the most likely one that someone would get from the OV cabin. Anyways those are great, its really not obstructed... just that the top of the lifeboat is flush or alittle higher then the balcony deck.

Fred

Grats, I told someone that the 7a is the most likely one that someone would get from the OV cabin. Anyways those are great, its really not obstructed... just that the top of the lifeboat is flush or alittle higher then the balcony deck.

Fred

Thanks, Fred. I'm sort of hoping we'll be able to see at least a bit over the top of the lifeboat.

This is definitely the best assignment we've received on any of our guarantees. We've been in the very last aft room on Riviera Deck, the 2nd-from-very front on Main Deck, had two different fairly nice mid-ship ocean views on Main Deck, and now this 7A. I will definitely take photos, and post a review upon our return.

got a great upgrade from your GTY cabin..

from the pictures of the Spirit..it look s like the life boat s

come right up mid way up the balcony railing..you won t be

able to look down..but, you can look out and not have to

play peek a boo to see...

Yep, you just can't look down over your balcony rail into the water below... you'll be looking right on top of the orange liferaft outside the deck below you. Other than that you'll have a full panoramic view. Wishing now I had taken pictures from our Legend cruise last August, so I could share.

Archived