Balcony Options

Joaljoe

Hello everyone,

Second time cruiser here!!! First time on a Balcony and have a question for all of you. We booked our cruise yesterday and we weren't sure if we should get a room on the Verandah deck towards the front or the back so we went with the balcony more towards the front of the ship. For those with more Balcony experience (and I don't mean members of the Balcony club. LOL), what is your preference and why?

We will be on the Liberty if it matters. :)

We actually prefer the middle 1/3 of the ship ourselves but it is really personal preference. I know people who swear by aft and others who swear by being all the way at the bow.

We have tried front and back then settled on middle. But as they say once you get a balcony you will never go back to a OV or inside again.

I like midship best. I had an aft and didn't like it at all. I don't like seeing where I've been but where I'm going. I like to watch the port activity and this is usually on port side. Next cruise we have only a window since to have a balcony you'd need a suite. Wonder who I'll do!?!?

We have cruised aft, middle and front balcony cabins. To us it really does not matter that much but the aft cabins were really nice. If the ocean is smooth you really won't notice the location and if it's rough enough to notice everyone is going to feel it. As far as port side or starboard side it all depends on how the ship docks sometimes the the port is on the port side and sometimes it's on the starboard side.

We are cruising on the Freedom and have a balcony cabin toward the front on the Verandah deck. We expect to be quite satisfied with the location.

The nice part of a forward balcony on the Verandah deck is that you have cabins above and below - no issue with noise from the Lido deck above. We've had cabins on Verandah forward as well as on Lido and Panorama and really have had very little problem with motion.

The forward half of the Verandah deck on Carnival Liberty will have Lido deck cabins above them and for this reason should be very quiet. The Aft half will have the Lido pool and buffet areas above them and some people have complained about noise from above disturbing their sleep. The aft third of the Verandah deck will be completely shaded by the buffet above as this portion of the Lido deck extends out several feet beyond the ship's super structure. If you are a shade lover these cabins are for you. If you prefer sun you should try to book more forward.

Archived