Staying at Comfort Inn to gain Atlantis Access?

coontech

Seems like I read a long time ago that you can book a room at the comfort inn across the street from Atlantis and you have guest privileges at Atlantis. But I can't find where I read that. When I look at the aquaventure excursion for Disney, it cost about $500 for a family of four, but I can get my family in for free with a one room reservation at the Comfort Inn for substantially less. Is this right? Was I just dreaming this up? Has anyone ever done this?

We are celebrating our 25th anniversary with our first Disney cruise. We are bringing our 9 and 5 year olds (yea our first child was born after 15 years of marriage!)

I appreciate any advice... thanks in advance.

Seems like I read a long time ago that you can book a room at the comfort inn across the street from Atlantis and you have guest privileges at Atlantis. But I can't find where I read that. When I look at the aquaventure excursion for Disney, it cost about $500 for a family of four, but I can get my family in for free with a one room reservation at the Comfort Inn for substantially less. Is this right? Was I just dreaming this up? Has anyone ever done this?

We are celebrating our 25th anniversary with our first Disney cruise. We are bringing our 9 and 5 year olds (yea our first child was born after 15 years of marriage!)

I appreciate any advice... thanks in advance.

Here's a thread that discusses how to do it..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=819095

We have done this 3 times. It is really very easy and done lots of times. Check in and out at the same time if you wish. Or go back and use the room for showering, etc. Not sure what the link is above, but the Bahamas thread will have lots of info.

Hi,

I'm so glad I found this thread! We booked 3 rooms at the Comfort Inn in Oct. It should save us almost $1,000 to do this rather than go with the ship, but I haven't done this before and was pretty nervous about it.

Can anyone tell me what time you dock in the Bahamas, how do I get 12 people to the Comfort Inn and back, and what time do we need to get back to the ship?

Is this a cheaper way to go rather than just go to Atlantis by yourself.

One more :) What does the wristband cover - can you go to the ruins?

Thanks for your help!

When we were staying in Atlantis in December I meet 2 sisters traveling with their families. They'd booked two rooms and it was much cheaper. She said that they had paid thru the cruiseline for transfers ONLY to Atlantis - Comfort Suites is right there - and then paid for their hotel. Also if you are a guest of the hotel you will have access to everything. Be sure and get your wristbands and you will need your room key to get to the pool area - every door is guarded. Even the walkway from the spa/workout room to the Royal Tower - they stop you if you don't have a wristband to see the key. Another money saver is to order the kids meals for your meal - the burger is the same size as ordering it separate and get it with a bottle of water. Saves you money.

(As a hotel guest I had always wondered how their could be guest checking in at 8 am as I knew there weren't flights that early - now I know its cruise passangers)

Hi,

I'm so glad I found this thread! We booked 3 rooms at the Comfort Inn in Oct. It should save us almost $1,000 to do this rather than go with the ship, but I haven't done this before and was pretty nervous about it.

Can anyone tell me what time you dock in the Bahamas, how do I get 12 people to the Comfort Inn and back, and what time do we need to get back to the ship?

Is this a cheaper way to go rather than just go to Atlantis by yourself.

One more :) What does the wristband cover - can you go to the ruins?

Thanks for your help!

Don't be nervous. When you get off the ship, you go through a security building with some shops. There are lots of van taxis when you get off the ship just waiting to take people to various places. Tell them you need transportation for 12 to Comfort Inn. Get a quote on the pp price. Most are $4 pp.

When you get to Comfort Inn, you can check in and out at the same time. We have gone back and showered before returning. Atlantis and Comfort Inn will have taxis waiting to take people back to the ship. Repeat the process about the fare. Can't help you with docking time, but you want to allow about 45 minutes to get back to the ship.

You might be able to get a day room at Atlantis, but they are available based on their census.

Yes you can go to the ruins.

When we decided to go the less expensive route there were no rooms available @ Comfort Stes. I found out by calling the Atlantis that they have a day pass. Depending on the number of people in your party may not be any cheaper. I think Disney's cost was $150pp and I think it's $100pp at the hotel and then you pay for the taxi (we did it thru the ship just to be sure we got back). We were warned that rush our in Nassau is incredibly busy. Disney will hold the ship for their transportation but not for taxis! Have fun! Atlantis was well worth the money. We have a 7 year old and all three of us had a blast!

i didn't realize I could book transportation to Atlantis through Disney...I have a room booked at the Comfort Suites....so I guess I do that at guest services or can I do it ahead of time on the phone to the Disney Cruise Line.

This site is so great and helps so much. thanks everybody.

Archived