45 Day Letter Redeemed

munchkin4

For those of you holding 45 day letters and waiting for that day you can call to redeem, I thought you might be interested in this info. I just redeemed mine and it took about 5-7 minutes. I called the 800 # listed and used option 5. I needed the last number under the subject line which is the reference number (9 numbers and a letter) and my new booking number. They will ask you for a #1 choice and a #2 choice. I had these items to pick from: red or white wine, champagne, 4 bar coupons, 4 soft drink coupons, $15 photo coupon, fruit basket, 6oz. Chocolate Funship, or 8oz chocolates. After I made my 2 picks, it took a couple of minutes for him to activate and he gave me a new reference number (which is basically the same one but with a different letter at the end.)

Thought a few of you waiting to redeem might be interested in this.

Hope all have great cruises!!

When you get back from your cruise, your write or e-mail Carnival about what a wonderful cruise you had. About 2-4 weeks later they send a letter thanking you and tell you to call 45 days before your next cruise for a welcome back gift.

Candi

I have gotten them everytime I have sent an e-mail. I only tell them the great things I experienced. If something wasn't perfect, I didn't mention it.

Candi

I had a wonderful cruise on the Valor a few months ago, but had some problems with the Luggage Express program. I wrote a letter praising the Valor and told them what a great cruise experience we had, but I did mention that we had problems with Luggage Express.

I outlined what had happened and by telling them about it, I was hoping they could improve the process for future cruisers. I kept it very civil and positive, but did let them know there was room for improvement.

I got the 45-day letter, which really wasn't my intention, but I am happy to have it.

So, munchkin ~ what did you pick? :D

I have gotten them everytime I have sent an e-mail. I only tell them the great things I experienced. If something wasn't perfect, I didn't mention it.

Candi

So basically you lie in order for them to send you a cheap trinket, nice.

I've sent a letter after both of my 2 cruises but only received one from my last one.

When I send in a letter, it's not my intent to try and get something for free. I've sent them in so those crew members that I've thought have done a great job are recognized. Others have indicated that feedback goes to their supervisors.

In the letter I sent from my Paradise trip, I also offered some feedback regarding where they hold the comedian show. Lounge is way too small to hold the crowds it attracts.

So basically you lie in order for them to send you a cheap trinket, nice.

In what part of that did she say she lied? She highlights the good things and chooses to leave the not-so-good things out of the letter....that's not lying. Sometimes the good outweighs the bad so much so that it's not even worth mentioning. :confused:

Michelle

I had a wonderful cruise on the Valor a few months ago, but had some problems with the Luggage Express program. I wrote a letter praising the Valor and told them what a great cruise experience we had, but I did mention that we had problems with Luggage Express.

I outlined what had happened and by telling them about it, I was hoping they could improve the process for future cruisers. I kept it very civil and positive, but did let them know there was room for improvement.

I got the 45-day letter, which really wasn't my intention, but I am happy to have it.

So, munchkin ~ what did you pick?

I was really honest when I wrote my letter. Had been thinking about doing it before I found out about the 45 day letter. We really had an excellant cruise. Everyone was very polite and friendly. Food was wonderful. Service was great. Shows and comedians were entertaining. Everything was nice and clean. I told them I couldn't think of anything to complain about and meant it. We had sailed RCCL the prior year and I preferred Carnival and I wanted them to know it. Wasn't necessarily trying to get any freebies.

BTW--I chose the bar coupons as #1 and the 8 oz chocolates as #2.

I sent Carnival a letter a few weeks ago telling them how wonderful our PVP was also how much we were looking forward to our second cruise to Alaska on the Spirit..I really just wanted to let them know how much we have appreciated the service our PVP has given my family with this cruise..Day before yesterday I recieved a 45 day letter..In it they said that our PVPs supervisor would be given a copy of our letter and it would be put in his file..It made me feel good that our letter was actually read and paid attention to.SOO If you are fortunate to have an awesome PVP write Carnival and let them know how great they are!

We chose a bottle of wine or Photo coupon..:)

Kelly

Thanks for letting us know. I got my first 45 day letter today. I had written the letter because I wanted a few of the crew to know that I appreciated them. I also wanted them to know that the Serenity area should have a sign stating that it's a quiet area. (My last cruise had a large group of college age kids in the Serentity area. They were loud and obnoxious.) They stated that they are looking to put a sign in the area. I'm curious to see if this will happen.

My current 45 day letter is a $50 on board credit - I'm glad I noticed this thread, because it reminded me I need to call in a few weeks to activate it! I wrote after our last cruise to give feedback on some things that needed improving with platinum embarkation and debarkation. I am hoping to see some improvements in these areas on our next cruise.

Hi...

I am wondering if anyone has samples of the letters they have written, especially ones where you comment on the PVP, mine has been great, and I have used her twice now, so I would love to comment on her work....

Thanks

Maria

Hi...

I am wondering if anyone has samples of the letters they have written, especially ones where you comment on the PVP, mine has been great, and I have used her twice now, so I would love to comment on her work....

Thanks

Maria

Dear Carnival,

Loved my cruise.

Send me my trinket.

:rolleyes:

Hi...

Thanks

Maria

You are kidding right?? I mean you don't really need someone else's letter to tell you what or how to write a letter correct? Whatever you decide to write about should be based on your own thoughts and experience :)

Hi...

Thanks

Maria

Why use someone else's letter? If you do this, it is not your letter or thoughts. If planning to send a letter, just list your comments and send. No format is better than another. :p

Dear Carnival,

Loved my cruise.

Send me my trinket.

:rolleyes:

LMAO!

And just to be clear, I wrote a letter after our last cruise because I was unhappy with how they handled certain things and I wanted Carnival to FIX THEM for future sailings. Sending me a $50 credit was a nice gesture, but I'd much rather go on my cruise October 4th and not have to sit on the floor when embarking, and not be forgotten about during debarkation. I'm sincerely hoping the issues have been addressed, and I'm assuming I'm not the only one who wrote about them.

I wrote a letter to get the free bar tokens. Every little saved and all that. And I will admit to it.

I don't believe any more than 10% send a letter of gratitude simply just to show their gratitude.

The way I look at it, is the bonus is letting staff know they have done a good job for you (in addition to the tips I have already given them).

Now before everyone starts shouting me down, saying what garbage that is - how many of those that send letters of gratitude, have also sent letters to restaurants, taxi firms, and all the shops you visit - just to say how nice their employees have been to you?

What's the matter big_ duck?? Didn't you get your letter or trinket?????:p

I have written in the past with legitimate comments and concerns and was fortunate enough to receive a letter.

And my dignity and integrity remain intact.

We've received a 45 day letter everytime we've commented (5)- good, bad, and ugly. They have always responded. In fact this time for next sailing we get a $150 on board credit. That's no small trinket. We had poor service in our stateroom and at supper club. We told them it was not up to past Carnival standards. I don't make things up to get a reward. It helps improve the future cruises on that ship and rewards good staff. I asked and they do get our comments and in one case a promotion.

Mrsosci

I have written in the past with legitimate comments and concerns and was fortunate enough to receive a letter.

And my dignity and integrity remain intact.

But it appears you assume this is not the case with others.

Now before everyone starts shouting me down, saying what garbage that is - how many of those that send letters of gratitude, have also sent letters to restaurants, taxi firms, and all the shops you visit - just to say how nice their employees have been to you?

If these places you note actually showed me some decent customer service, I would. But don't get me started on my decline of customer service soapbox....

Archived