Sodas and Bottled Water

DP

We just got off the Natica July 3 rd cruise.We where in a B1 cat.stateroom.All I did was ask the steward to leave 2 of the 20 0z bottle water in my ice tray every night.There was no charge.

They did charge $3.00 for the big Evian bottle but we found that bottle to big to tour with.

That's interesting. I just called Oceania and they told me that water is not free. That each and every bottle consumed is charged to my account.

Hi -

That's interesting. I just called Oceania and was told each and every bottle of water placed in our cabin would be charged to our account if we consumed it. And, as for soda, they can not be purchased as a 2-1 at the Happy Hour.

Rather, certain drinks each day are offered as "specials," and it is those which are offered at a lower price.

Theodore

Hi -

That's interesting. I just called Oceania and was told each and every bottle of water placed in our cabin would be charged to our account if we consumed it. And, as for soda, they can not be purchased as a 2-1 at the Happy Hour.

Rather, certain drinks each day are offered as "specials," and it is those which are offered at a lower price.

Theodore

They did have small bottles of water (2) on embarkation day that were complimentary in the cabin.

Maybe the person who got more just had a giving room steward:)

They have "Cocktails of the day" (usually 3 choices) which are $4.25 each.

Then they have "Happy Hour"

from the brochure

"2 for 1 cocktails

Horizons(10) Martinis (5)

5:00 pm - 6:PM

Applies only to beverages listed on The Bar Menu and Excludes single Malt Scotches and XOs and cocktails of the day"

Hi -

Theodore

If you are saying that only the drinks of the day are available at 2 for 1 prices, then, unless there has been a change since last January, everything on The Bar Menu except single malt scotches, XOs and the cocktails of the day was available at 2 for 1 prices during Happy Hour.

Dave

I went to various bars on board and purchased as many as 4 Diet Cokes at a time for the Happy Hour 2 for 1 prices. This was on Insignia last November on our TransAtlantic to Rio after I ran out of the Diet Pepsi I purchased in Barcelona.

Many folks have discovered that the home office often does not not know what is actually happening aboard the ships.

can you purchase a soda plan for the duration of the voyage? Thanks

No, unfortunately - although it is something to suggest to them. There is a discount package for several bottles of wine though, but I can't remember the details of it. Maybe someone else will remember....

I found that champagne was also the cheaper price that the 'drink of the day' was, every day!

BTW, do not bother ordering a Pina Colada on board the Nautica. It's my favourite drink but they were so disgusting that I drank the 'drink of the day' usually. Apparently they didn't have any mix on board (for 12 days!!!!) and couldn't figure out how to make it without a mix.

Archived