Average Age of NCL Guests

Bocadude85

Are we talking average as in mean, median or mode? Depending on the cruise line, time of year, length of cruise, and a whole bunch of other variables the answers will be all over the place.

Charlie (60 going on 16)

We need to check the standard deviation also. Gawd but I hated stats classes even though I got good graded in them.

Watched a program on tv and they stated that cruising is geared more towards the older crowd.. which I do not think to be the case so I stated this thread to see just how old everyone on this board is. I will go first me and my DDP are both 22.

If you were watching one of the cruise programs on The Travel Channel, most are a few years old and the info is out of date.

Over the past couple years, all of the cruiselines have worked hard to gear their products more towards the family crowds and get rid of the image of being more for the older crowd.

See many in the "older crowd" taking on the rock wall lately? How about the Flowrider?

Howard

If you were watching one of the cruise programs on The Travel Channel, most are a few years old and the info is out of date.

Over the past couple years, all of the cruiselines have worked hard to gear their products more towards the family crowds and get rid of the image of being more for the older crowd.

See many in the "older crowd" taking on the rock wall lately? How about the Flowrider?

Howard

Actually it seems to me that Carnival has been working to show that they are not just the "Party Ship" company with some of their ads featuring silver-haired guests.

Charlie

We've always cruised Carnival (until October of this year) and we're 66 and 60. Hope the Canada/NE cruise isn't only Seniors. We did Cunard Transatlantic last year and the population there was much older than we were used to on Carnival.

We are booked on an NCL cruise in Hawaii during October. My wife is 59 and I'll be 64.

She always tells me to act my age instead of like a teenager.

We're definitely not geriatric.

We are 43 & 41, started cruising about 5 years ago. I don't think you can predict what mix of ages you may have on any given cruise. On our first Alaska cruise we fell asleep right after sail-away and missed dinner. Later we went walking around to see what was going on around the ship...nothing, and it couldn't have been 9pm. That was the only cruise we experienced that though.

Another story...we have been on a couple large family cruises, but at the time were planning a short 4-day Bahamas for my son's (age 16 at the time) summer vacation. When I told him his grandmother wanted to go, his response was, "that's okay, Grandma's cool on cruises." She would do things on a cruise that she would never do at home. He liked that she would get up with him early in the mornings to watch the sun rise, go with him to all he shows, and of course he got the biggest kick out of how she got all giggly after just one tropical foofoo drink.

So, for the OP, yes people may be older (in years) than you, but chances are you will have a great time and meet some interesting and fun new friends.

Glad to see a lot of responses to this thread... just so everyone knows I am not concerned about the ages of the people on my sailings, I just thought it woud be fun for everyone to reveal how old they are and to show everyone that there are people of all ages on cruise ships these days. And yes the program I watched was on the travel channel and I could tell it was outdated.

Very young 37

The meaning of old depends on the age of the person saying it. When I was 20, I thought 40 was old. Now at 37, I don't think you hit middle-age until at least 60 and that does't seem old now.

63 is being 21 for the third time, knowing the stuff you didn't know the first two times around

I think the age runs all over the place, like one poster said the more upscale lines are going to be older people that have more discrepionary income(i may have not spelt that right). Even on oceania where they advise against bringing children because they dont cater to families i found teenagers on. You are never too young or too old to cruise.

Watched a program on tv and they stated that cruising is geared more towards the older crowd.. which I do not think to be the case so I stated this thread to see just how old everyone on this board is. I will go first me and my DDP are both 22.

haven't read responces but DH and I happen to be 71. Now, we have 2 granddaughter cruising in the next few months: one when she gets her summer break from her accelerated nursing program at the University of OK, she and hubby are doing a 4 day cruise: she is 25, he 24. Our other granddaughte is cruising for her honeymoon in Oct: 22 an 27. Every line is different: Carnival having the statictally youngest cruisers and HAL the oldest. NCL has, probably the biggest age spread. I used to have the actually breakdown, but not anymore: it is something like this: Carnival 39. RCI and NCL about 45, Princess 53, Celebrity 54 and HAL 59. remember this is the average: Caribbean will have a much younger crowd than Alaska and the longer trans-atlantic and panama Canal cruieses and 2 or 3 very young or very oldsters can throw off that average.

Nita

like one poster said the more upscale lines are going to be older people that have more discrepionary income(i may have not spelt that right). Even on oceania where they advise against bringing children because they dont cater to families i found teenagers on. You are never too young or too old to cruise.

And its not always the older people that can afford the more upscale cruises or rooms.. there are exceptions.... I happend to enjoy the finer things in life and thank god for me that I have a well paying job or I would be flat a** broke!! But my point is I have no problem spending the extra cash to be in a penthouse or on a longer more expensive cruise, there are people of all ages on every cruise line and in every type of room category.

I'm 47, just got back from a British Isles cruise w/18 year old daughter. At first she commented on all the "cotton heads"....by the end of the cruise she was dancing with them!!!!!! She was amazed at how funny and fun all the "old" people were, great lesson for her to not judge people by their age. :o

I'm 24, my bf is 25, and I cruise with my folks (50 and 55) and brothers one is 27, the other 22, and my sister 22.:cool:

Archived