Average Age of NCL Guests

Bocadude85

68 and 72 we don't usually cruise on hal, not for the age, but because everything stops at 11p.m and we are still going, going, going, going....we're vip on carnival and love rcl, see we're the ones with all those extra $$$. done with weddings, and tuitions, and new shoes, and back to school things yeah.............

On our Alaskan cruises on NCL, we've found a great mix of ages from the very young to the elderly, from newlyweds to couples married 50, 60 and even 70 years, from the very physically active to those who just want to sit back and enjoy the scenery.

The beauty of Alaska doesn't have an age limit!:)

When talking old, are you referring to the chronological or how old one feels? DW and I are both 69 and will be taking our first cruise next year.

To me, age is a number with some numbers being bigger than others. How old I am, is in my head. The only trouble with that number getting bigger is that parts seem to wear out faster

There are some very funny replies here! We're going to Canada/New England on our next NCL cruise, and I'm told we will be the youngest aboard (we're 64). :D

On our Caribbean cruise, I think we were the oldest aboard (chronologically).

Age is a state of mind. I try not to think about it.

29 (turning 30 on the boat) & 31

I was "concerned" before booking our cruise, but reading the threads and reviews I found that NCL hosts all ages. Some groups travel with many "generations," which I think is just fantastic!

I'm really not worried about the topic at all anymore. Age does not matter, and you might find yourself bonding with someone you never expected on your vacation.

Almost 59 (me) and almost 58 (dh - love those younger men:D )! That's what's great about NCL - great mix of ages! DH scubas, I snorkel, we can keep up with the "younguns" on any day!

We also cruised HAL twice and came back to NCL - there wasn't alot going on at night on HAL and even if we don't want to party late, we still like the option!

36 and 31. From past cruises we've been on, I would say NCL had the lowest average age, RCCL the highest, and Carnival in between. But in general, 40s sounds about right for all three.

You obviously have not been on Holland America yet! The average age on that line is CONSIDERABLY higher!! :D

We're both over thirty and under fifty... with a ten year old. On our last couple of cruises we've met people ranging in age from their early 20s up to... well, at least 75, since my mom was aboard two years ago!! ha ha ha She'll be along on our next cruise as well (at 77, accompanied by her 78 year old sister), and there are also 20-somethings in our group. I should also mention that there are always 18 - 20 year olds on board as well, so at 22, depending on their maturity you might get along with them as well. We met a very nice teenage couple on the Dream who were about 18 and 19 I think. They were polite and well mannered and respectful to all of the other passengers, and I'm sure that had we been 25 or younger we would have spent a lot more time with them. :)

Twenty years ago, when I was working in the travel industry, there was a common idea that cruises were for 'newlyweds and nearly deads', meaning that for most of the year the only people who could really afford the time and money to cruise were those on honeymoons or those who were retired. This is no longer the case. Ships are being built with specific areas designated for children, families, and passengers of all ages, and depending on the line, they've become one of the most economical vacations you can take. NCL definitely provides a great product for the base price, while offering additional options to those who want a little 'more'...

I agree that line, destination, and timing will certainly affect the average age on board, but just as I am certain that our daughter will always have other kids to play with regardless of where, when and with whom we sail, I am also sure that you will find people whose company you will enjoy. They may or may not be your age, but really, common interests are what's important anyway. We met some great 'younger' people on the pub crawls on our last cruise, so if you enjoy evening activities and maybe a drink or two, I highly recommend it. Since we tend to travel at off-peak times, the ships tend to have less people on board, but we've always met at least one or more other couples that we've had fun with. Interestingly, I'm pretty sure most of them were younger than us... :)

Figures don't lie, but liars figure.

--Mark Twain

Are we talking average as in mean, median or mode? Depending on the cruise line, time of year, length of cruise, and a whole bunch of other variables the answers will be all over the place.

The neat thing about cruising is that age becomes somewhat irrelevant. Ballroom dancers congregate - regardless of age. Piano bar afficiandos join together - regardless of age. Karaoke fans will all be singing their hearts out together - regardless of age.

Charlie (60 going on 16)

mean, median or mode?

Thanks for taking me back to the Stats courses I took in University. It has been a while! I guess that means I am getting old too. But I am still not as old as the average age, however it is measured!

Ok I'm oldER but not telling because people know which cruise I'm going on--HOWEVER, I'm the last person to leave any party and hope I'm like that until I drop dead. I did take an Alaska cruise (won it in a raffle) about 25 years ago and everyone was over 70. But those people could party too and had the best stories.

Archived