How does the waitlist work?

jt58203

I took my first cruise (on the CB) in March & loved it. I've been getting pretty good deals from Princess now. I was wondering how the waitlist process works. I prefer to book direct online with them. If a cabin type is waitlisted, do you still pay them anything upfront (deposit or perhaps full amount if less than 90 days in advance)? Do they give you a number, and once booked can you check your cruise personalizer to find out where you're at in line? How soon before departure do you find out? I'd worry about airfare, would you book it right away? Would travel insurance reimburse airfare if one was waitlisted and didn't get on? Thanks in advance.

i'm not sure of the process, i'd call princess. my experience with the waitlist (i wanted an OV and ALL were waitlisted) was that i booked an interior so i was guaranteed to be on the ship (with air). 3 days later i got an email that my ov was available, so i switched. this was over 4 months before sailing and well before final payment though, so there was lots of time for changes.

is your cruise totally sold out? could you book another category? you'd have to be happy with it though in case your waitlisted cabin didn't pan out. (if i got the interior, i would have just kept telling myself "think of all the money i'm saving")!

hope i helped a little. do call them though, they'll give you your options.

good luck!

I took my first cruise (on the CB) in March & loved it. I've been getting pretty good deals from Princess now. I was wondering how the waitlist process works. I prefer to book direct online with them. If a cabin type is waitlisted, do you still pay them anything upfront (deposit or perhaps full amount if less than 90 days in advance)? Do they give you a number, and once booked can you check your cruise personalizer to find out where you're at in line? How soon before departure do you find out? I'd worry about airfare, would you book it right away? Would travel insurance reimburse airfare if one was waitlisted and didn't get on? Thanks in advance.

I believe that you pay a deposit to be on the waitlist (in a category you want), and if you are offered a cabin, you pay the balance. As the final payment date passes, and people may bow out, the waitlisted people get contatced and offered the cabins.

I believe that you pay a deposit to be on the waitlist (in a category you want), and if you are offered a cabin, you pay the balance. As the final payment date passes, and people may bow out, the waitlisted people get contatced and offered the cabins.

Do you know for sure? Unlike cdngrl I don't want to book a cabin that I don't want; just want to book the "waitlist" for an inside triple. Final payment on this particular sailing isn't until Feb/09, which seems like a long time for them to hold my money. Have you ever done the waitlist in the way I'm suggesting?

Happy Sails,

Annette

Archived