room next to elevator

itri

Is this a big deal? Will I wind up with sleepless nights? We are getting ready to book a cruise on the Ruby Princess and need two cabins for our size family. This limited our choices and we decided it best to choose one outside and one inside cabin. But as I look at an enlarged layout map of the boat, I notice that the inside cabin is actually adjacent to an elevator. Will I regret this?

Thanks!

Hi itri,

You will have easy access to your travels! If you are worried about sleeping, do what we do when we travel; bring ear plugs. You will sleep soundly. I think you will be fine.

Don't let this bother you. It's not a big deal.

Most ships have the elevators in their own hallway, even tho it may not show it on the deck plans. Cabin hallways are usually pretty quiet, even tho, like a hotel, you will hear folks as they pass your room if they are loud! Can't get around that!

It's not the elevator you have to worry about. It is the people getting off the elevator late at night who talk very loud that will bother you as they pass your room.

but that could happen no matter where your cabin is located

Guest Crazeecat5

If you are a light sleeper, bring ear plugs. I once had a problem with it and now I bring the plugs and can sleep anywhere. If you are a heavy sleeper, you should have no problems at all. Go and enjoy....

Sheryl

I have a mid hump cabin on Freedom deck 7 coming up and I read that the elevators are directly across from our cabin but one will never notice so I think that you will be fine as well....just don't plan on sleeping late if you every have a cabin so far forward cause you will hear the anchor chains twice a day

Archived