Barcelona Airport - Shopping

Hi

I'm flying into Barcelona for a cruise on VOS and was wondering if there was anywhere at the airport where I could pick up a supply of soda (diet coke) before taking the transfer to the ship.

I recall from a previous post that there isn't anywhere near the port to purchase soda.

Many thanks for any assistance!!

There isn't a grocery store of any sort at the airport, just places where you can buy bottles of soda. I don't think there is any place at the port that sells anything. I think there is a shuttle from the port to Las Ramblas - the main street in BCN. Once you got to the ship you could hand over your luggage & take the shuttle to Las Ramblas then walk up the street about 2/3 of the way up there is a large grocery store that sells everything or there might be a smaller shop that has better prices than the airport.

When you clear secruity in the states buy a few cans or plastic bottles to put in carry on. Then we you hit your first port of call; u normally can find a small market around the ship to restock. You may pay just as much at the airport than on the ship.

Cheers

Not sure about Diet Coke, but in the actual port building before you head up the escalators there are two shops. The one on the left had better prices (check both to make sure this still applies). We got huge bottles of water for 1 euro each. The other store wanted 2 euro for the same bottle. I know they had soda as well, but don't remember the prices.

I remember only a couple of duty free shops in the airport. It is an odd airport... on your way back be prepared for a random screening where they will make you unpack everything. On our way back, we picked up some great EVOO in the airport, but I really did not see any soda. HTH.

You won't find much at BCN other than stores selling individual bottles. No stores like I've seen at Schiphol. Maybe there is something in the domestic terminal as I really was only in it briefly.

As already mentioned, there is at least one grocery store up Las Ramblas (it's on two levels, downstairs has a lot more items). There's also a large market with many stalls -- I bet it also has soda for sale. It's about half way up on Las Ramblas.

The supermarket on the Ramblas is on the left going towards Placa Catalunya, almost all the way up, and is a Carrefour or Continent (can't remember which). They stock everything you might need. With the weight restrictions on flights I also buy shampoo, sun lotion, etc before boarding. You may pay a little more for toiletries but less than paying excess baggage charges!!

Archived