Allergies

snowbegone

I've taken my daughter with peanut/tree nut allergies on Princess & Carnival. Both were very co-operative. On Princess one night the head waiter sent her turkey dinner back to the kitchen because it wasn't prepared separately. We haven't tried NCL because of the free-style dining. I called them twice, the first time I was told that we should probably not cruise with them, the next time I was told that they could handle it. I'm not comfortable with that.

My only suggestion would be not to choose anytime dining, it's much better to explain the situation to the head waiter and waiters for your table than to try to explain it over & over again every time you eat. I would also request a waiter who can understand the severity of the situation.

I have a shellfish allergy which also includes fish and I have always made sure the waiter and assistant waiter understand that I will die! I always cruise with RCI and they have always taken exceptional care of my special needs including no ceasar dressing and special fruit appetizers on nights when seafood dominates the menu..just make sure you let them know and if you are unsure of the ingredients in something or the preparation just ask.:)

We got off the Tahitian Princess last week. While on board, we met a woman with severe food allergies. She said each night at dinner, they brought her menus for the next day and she ordered all her meals then. She said she had not had any problems with the food they served her.

Archived