I Found a Room Service Menu.....

sail7seas

I didn't even know if Boston had an Embassy. Hilton in the business district? What is the name of the hotel?

There are so many fabulous hotels in Boston and such fantastic dining I can't imagine anyone failing to find the perfect place to stay and to have a light lunch or gourmet dinner.

Research! :) ;)

I truely can't believe that you don't know what hotels are in Boston.

We live 18 miles outside of Pittsburgh and we know what hotels are in downtown Pittsburgh as well as the surrounding area.

As I said -- after the cruise we stayed at the Hilton (Junior Suite) in the Business District -- which is about an easy 2 block walk to Quincy Market, etc. -- had a wonderful day there.

For years there were 2 black swans outside at the pond area -- one died about 4 or 5 years ago. The other one wa left there for about a year -- then that one died.

Ducks -- there used to be 4 ducks that swam in the inside the Rock and Pond Area. When the hurricane came through Ft Lauderdale a couple of years ago, 2 of the ducks died when glass from roof came down and killed down. Two were still there for awhile but now they are gone.

I keep asking Dave and Tom (hotel managers) if they are ever going to be replaced -- unfortunenately -- the answer is "No".

Thank you for this information. That's too bad about what happened to the duck and swans. Sorry to hear they won't be replaced. I love watching birds.

Room service on HAL certainly seems like a bargain now, doesn't it!!

Tim

Thanks exactly my point, Tim. Why I started this thread. What a wonderful and pricey enjoyment on HAL ships Included in the price.

I truely can't believe that you don't know what hotels are in Boston.

We live 18 miles outside of Pittsburgh and we know what hotels are in downtown Pittsburgh as well as the surrounding area.

As I said -- after the cruise we stayed at the Hilton (Junior Suite) in the Business District -- which is about an easy 2 block walk to Quincy Market, etc. -- had a wonderful day there.

KK.....:D Fret not. We are well aware of Boston's fine hotels. I don't know a thing about Embassy Suites because, as I stated, we don't care for them. We stay over in the city from time to time, though we only live about 35 minutes out, and stay at 'other than Embassy Suite' locations.

If I were to open the Boston Yellow Pages, I can't imagine how many hotels would be listed. No..... I do NOT know every one of them. Have no reason nor desire to.

But I sure know where The (two) Ritz hotels are, Four Seasons, Boston Harbor Hotel and the like. :D

As to your description of Business District, I have always heard it referred to as Financial District. I am not aware of which Hilton is there. Again, not a favorite chain of ours though some are quite decent.

KK....... HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT TIME IN BOSTON. I'm thrilled you came.

Did you Enjoy Fanueil Hall (pronounced Fannel ) and Quincy Market? And, yes....... amazingly, I'm familiar with it. Quite fun but rather touristy. ;)

Very near the North End. I'm sure you are well familiar with all the wonderful offerings there.

I send my personal welcome to you and invitation you return VERY soon. ;)

Hi there ...

Does the Pier 66 breakfast menu still have the heuvos rancheros?

I tried them there many years ago, and they were a GREAT way to get myself ready for the cruise that morning!

One of the best breakfasts I've had. ;)

No, I don't recall it still being offered but I am sure, upon request, they would prepare it for you.

They spent millions of dollars on a rebuild of the lobby/gift shop, breakfast room/lounge area. It is very updated and stunning IMO

The breakfast is very different than it was in the 'older' lobby restaurant. The new area is stunning and the menu is updated though certainly has the basics. They were very obliging and prepared most everyone anyone asked for.

KK.....:D Fret not. We are well aware of Boston's fine hotels. I don't know a thing about Embassy Suites because, as I stated, we don't care for them. We stay over in the city from time to time, though we only live about 35 minutes out, and stay at 'other than Embassy Suite' locations.

If I were to open the Boston Yellow Pages, I can't imagine how many hotels would be listed. No..... I do NOT know every one of them. Have no reason nor desire to.

But I sure know where The (two) Ritz hotels are, Four Seasons, Boston Harbor Hotel and the like. :D

As to your description of Business District, I have always heard it referred to as Financial District. I am not aware of which Hilton is there. Again, not a favorite chain of ours though some are quite decent.

KK....... HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT TIME IN BOSTON. I'm thrilled you came.

Did you Enjoy Fanueil Hall (pronounced Fannel ) and Quincy Market? And, yes....... amazingly, I'm familiar with it. Quite fun but rather touristy. ;)

Very near the North End. I'm sure you are well familiar with all the wonderful offerings there.

I send my personal welcome to you and invitation you return VERY soon. ;)

The Hilton is in the Financial Market -- senior moment.

We have been to Boston several times -- walked the Freesom Trail -- on our own -- much better.

Have been to Quicy Market and Fanueil Hall a couple of times.

No, I don't recall it still being offered but I am sure, upon request, they would prepare it for you.

They spent millions of dollars on a rebuild of the lobby/gift shop, breakfast room/lounge area. It is very updated and stunning IMO

The breakfast is very different than it was in the 'older' lobby restaurant. The new area is stunning and the menu is updated though certainly has the basics. They were very obliging and prepared most everyone anyone asked for.

Thanks!

Think I'll head on over when I'm down there, and check out the place.

I've seen the damage to that hotel 2 years ago after the hurricane, so it'll be

neat to see what changes they made. (Guess like with the FLL Grande across the river, they grabbed the opportunity to refurb and spruce up the place.)

As far as the heuvos rancheros, I'll try my luck at my fav restaurant on Las Olas.

Well - I can outdo you all :D:eek:

This is real (and I can provide a link to the hotel's rooms service menu), and is from a London Hotel where my DW was staying for a night on business some months ago. Bear in mind these prices are in sterling, and a rough rule of thumb would be to DOUBLE them for $$ prices :eek:

Oat porridge served with cream and brown sugar £7.00

Bakery basket £7.00

Two organic eggs served boiled, poached, £7.00

scrambled or fried, with grilled tomatoes

Omelette with cheese, mushroom, ham or herbs £11.50

Corned beef hash with marinated tomatoes, £15.00

grilled peppers and a poached egg

Gammon steak, cold ham, streaky or back bacon, per item £6.00

rare breed British Lop sausages, grilled

mushroom, black and white Clonakilty pudding

Grilled kipper or poached smoked haddock £12.50

Toasted bagel with oak smoked wild Scottish £17.00

salmon and cream cheese

Eggs Benedict with rashers of crisp bacon £16.50

Room service on HAL certainly seems like a bargain now, doesn't it!!

Tim

Holy cannoli!! That's an expensive breakfast! :eek:

Good thing I paid an extra 10 quid for b'fast per day to the room rate for my London booking in October.

Doin it that way seems like a pretty good deal. :D ;)

Room Service menu is the same on all the ships. KK has posted all the menus. I know they are here but don't have a link. I'm sure she'll be around and will (hopefully) :) repost it for you.

This is the room service menu from our Z cruise in 2007. The first part I'd copied from the menu, the Cabin Menu came from KK. :)

Zuiderdam Room Service=Available 24 hours:

Smoked Atlantic Salmon - pickled red onion, capers & cream cheese

Mesclun Garden Greens - tomato, cucumber, alfalfa sprouts & blue cheese crumbles

Triple Decker Club Sandwich - sliced turkey, ham, bacon, tomato & lettuce served on toated bread of your choice

All American Hamburger - broiled 1/4 pound beef patty on a sesame bun with dill pickle & coleslaw - add cheddar or Swiss cheese

Open faced Omelet - ham & cheese or vegetables

Selection of assorted cheese with crackers

Apple tart with whipped cream

Chocolate cake with raspberry sauce

A plate of chocolate chip cookies with a glass of milk

Fruit salad - selected fruits in season

Available from 12 noon until 10 PM:

Appetizers & Soups:

Bay shrimp cocktail with cocktail sauce

Smoked Atlantic Salmon

French onion soup baked with Gruyere cheese

Soup of the day

Salads:

Mesclun Garden Greens

Chef salad - mixed greens, ham, salami, swiss cheese, turkey, hard boiled egg - choice of Italian or blue cheese dressing

Caesar salad - tossed with Caesar dressing, croutons & parmesan - add bay shrimp or grilled chicken breast

Sandwiches & Burgers:

All are served with a choice of potato salad or potato chips

Triple decker club sandwich

Broiled California chicken breast sandwich on multi=grain bread with avocado & honey mustard sauce

Grilled tuna melt - tuna salad & Swiss cheese on rye bread with pickle spear

Thai Vegetarian wrap - eggplant, bamboo shoots, bean sprouts & cilantro rolled with rice & grees curry sauce in a tomato tortilla

Steak sandwich - sirloin steak on sourdough bread sauteed with onion & bell pepper

All American Hamburger

Entrees:

Seared salmon steak - dill-lime fusion, broccoli florets, carrot batonnet & country mashed potatoes

Penne Primavera - tossed in marinara sauce with Italian roasted vegetables - add grilled chicken breast

Pizza:

margarita (tomato sauce & cheese)

Pepperoni

Vegetarian (mushroom & bell pepper)

Desserts:

Apple tart

Chocolate cake

Creme caramel surrounded in berry compote

Fruit jello

fruit salad

Vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce

Selection of assorted cheese with crackers

And remember that you can always order from the dinner menu. Just remember to order within the first half hour from when the dinning room opens. You can select whatever time you want to eat.

Cabin Menu

Preferred Time Frame

6 AM - 6:30 AM

6:30 AM -7:00 AM

7 AM - 7:30 AM

7:30 AM – 8:00 AM

8:00 AM – 8:30 AM

8:30 AM – 9:00 AM

9 AM - 9:30 AM

9:30 AM - 10 AM

Juices

Grapefruit; Orange:; Cranberry; V-8; Prune, Tomato

Fresh Fruit

Half Grapefruit; Sliced Bananas; Diced Oranges; Mixed Fruit; Seasonal Melons; Stewed Prunes

Low Fat Yogurt

Plain; Fruit

Breads

English Muffin; White Toast; Wheat Toast; Rye Toast; Danish; Croissant; Blueberry Muffin; Bran Muffin; Bagel

Preserves

Assorted Jams; Marmalade; Honey; Butter; Margarine; Cream Cheese

Cereals

Corn Flakes; Special K; Mueslix; Raisin Bran; Granola; Fruit Loops; Frosted Flakes; Rice Krispies; Shredded Wheat

With: Milk; 2% Milk; Skim Milk

Eggs & Meats

Two Eggs: Scrambled or sunnyside up or over easy

Omelet: With Cheese or With Ham and Cheese

Eggbeaters: Scrambled or Omelet with Cheese or Omelet with Ham and Cheese

Meat: Ham or Sausage or Bacon

Beverages

Regular Coffee; Decaf Coffee; Tea; Hot Chocolate; Milk; 2% Milk; Skim Milk; Half & Half in Breakfast

Archived