Beach recommendation in St. Thomas

CA27

Which beach in St. Thomas is the most kid-friendly? We'll be stopping in St. Thomas with a 2-year old and are looking for the best water conditions and facilities that would suit our situation.

TIA.

It's an exciting taxi ride away from the dock and has the most beautiful white sandy beach and ocean floor (not mucky or rocky at all). It cost $4.00 to get in, toddlers were free. There is a restaurant on the beach to purchase lunch.

We loved our afternoon there.

We loved sapphire beach, we took our 8 month old there in May and really enjoyed the day. We are going back to St. Thomas in Febuary and we will be heading back to the sapphire again. I attached a couple of pictures so you can see it, plenty of trees for shade and you can rent chairs if you want. As you can see the water just laps in and didn't have a big drop off not to mention was not crowded at all but we went right away in the morning so we could do a little shopping in the afternoon. Personally we brought our beach tent so we had a place to put all of our stuff (car seat and stroller to name a couple of things) Great place and we found out about it from other posters here on this board recommending it. Hope you have a great time.

228.jpg.ff6c9e6c42557991d1f94c4f6c465169.jpg

238.jpg.a999c48a5bf37f163a20724bdc794f4f.jpg

282.jpg.533692a803ebc08c7f5ca8afe0886195.jpg

I took my 3 1/2 year old there last year, and it was great! A couple from our cruise also brought their daugher who was a little younger. It is beautiful and sheltered so the waves aren't too rough for a small child. The only thing I will say against it is that it was a crowded, but not horrendously so.

Ginger

We loved sapphire beach, we took our 8 month old there in May and really enjoyed the day. We are going back to St. Thomas in Febuary and we will be heading back to the sapphire again. I attached a couple of pictures so you can see it, plenty of trees for shade and you can rent chairs if you want. As you can see the water just laps in and didn't have a big drop off not to mention was not crowded at all but we went right away in the morning so we could do a little shopping in the afternoon. Personally we brought our beach tent so we had a place to put all of our stuff (car seat and stroller to name a couple of things) Great place and we found out about it from other posters here on this board recommending it. Hope you have a great time.

Another vote for Sapphire Beach! Loved the beach, plenty of shade, too! (great pictures, by the way!)

Archived