Second Seating Waitlist?? already??

EssexGary

QM2 obviously has restaurants that fit with cabins.. but it's made clear from the start - I have found this whole experience awful - celebrity are not clear in their information about the AQ grade and what it involves (or doesn't involve) around dining.

Gary

Not my job to defend Celebrity or anything but I'll offer my services to them for free (just this once):

Solstice is a new product so I would expect some confusion, especially amongst travel agents. From what I gather, your travel agent was the source of most (and possibly all) of the confusion in your case.

Anyway, it should all be worked out if you ever end up on the Equinox (at least I hope so).;)

I used to work for an airline. Thank God there wasn't any 'confusion' when one of our new aircraft took off for the first time.....

Thats no excuse. If they're not ready to launch a product, it should not have been launched :rolleyes:

Gary

Bobnatt - $100 dollar tip for the Maitre 'd? is celebrity like Russia in 1980's? Its meant to be a fly-cruise, not a bribe-cruise! I just checked the terms and conditions, it doesn't say anything about paying bribes to get your choice of dining venue... :D

HI EssexGary:

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you but I hope you will try Celebrity (or someone else for that matter) in the future.

I think that AC, Blu and their relationship to the main dining room have most definitely not been clearly defined on Celebrity's website and brochures and have been subject to much conjecture by the various posters. Ultimately, however, I think that the Solstice Class ships will provide a much more contemporary cruising experience than Cunard.

That being said, let the bugs work themselves out and join us in the near future!

Bobnatt - $100 dollar tip for the Maitre 'd? is celebrity like Russia in 1980's? Its meant to be a fly-cruise, not a bribe-cruise! I just checked the terms and conditions, it doesn't say anything about paying bribes to get your choice of dining venue... :D

You might call it a bribe...I would call it a payment for excellent service.

I have always received excellent service:D without tipping

upfront. Not something I have ever felt compelled to do.

If I needed help I have always recieved it, whether its

in the dining room, one of the bars, cabin, etc...etc.

I tip at the end for services rendered....and yes, I take

care of those who have taken care of me, which includes

those people who are not on "The List".;)

Different strokes for different folks.

I have always received excellent service:D without tipping

upfront. Not something I have ever felt compelled to do.

If I needed help I have always recieved it, whether its

in the dining room, one of the bars, cabin, etc...etc.

I tip at the end for services rendered....and yes, I take

care of those who have taken care of me, which includes

those people who are not on "The List".;)

Different strokes for different folks.

Let's get back to basics. No matter what level accommodation you purchase, from an inside double to a large suite, you are paying a lot of money to have a pleasent vacation. If it costs an additional $100 to get the dining accommodations you desire and that is important to you it is a small cost to pay in order to insure you have the vacation experience that you want.

I will not apologize to anyone for my approach to tipping...either the timing or the amount. No difference than tipping the longshoremen to make sure your luggage gets onto to the ship undamaged. Sort of like an insurance policy...

Let's get back to basics. No matter what level accommodation you purchase, from an inside double to a large suite, you are paying a lot of money to have a pleasent vacation. If it costs an additional $100 to get the dining accommodations you desire and that is important to you it is a small cost to pay in order to insure you have the vacation experience that you want.

I will not apologize to anyone for my approach to tipping...either the timing or the amount. No difference than tipping the longshoremen to make sure your luggage gets onto to the ship undamaged. Sort of like an insurance policy...

If you are handing out tips like these for dining room seating you are foolish. It's completely unnecessary. They will always do their best to accomodate you.

This cabin goes with this restaurant... you cant eat here if you're in this cabin.... your friends will have to eat in a different place if they haven't booked your cabin grade....

Gary

Hi Gary. I'm sorry things didn't work out for you and that it was so stressful. Now, I've only been on two ships, but I just wanted to pipe in that not all Celebrity ships work this way. I think it's just Solstice that does this - this cabin goes with this restaurant... Maybe Equinox will work that way, too, being another new ship, but I'm not sure. Someone can correct me if I'm mistaken.

For the ships I've been on - Infinity and Century - the main dining room was the main dining room for everyone, and both ships had a specialty restaurant that anyone could pay the extra to eat in.

Enjoy your QM2 cruise! :)

Hi Gary. I'm sorry things didn't work out for you and that it was so stressful. Now, I've only been on two ships, but I just wanted to pipe in that not all Celebrity ships work this way. I think it's just Solstice that does this - this cabin goes with this restaurant... Maybe Equinox will work that way, too, being another new ship, but I'm not sure. Someone can correct me if I'm mistaken.

For the ships I've been on - Infinity and Century - the main dining room was the main dining room for everyone, and both ships had a specialty restaurant that anyone could pay the extra to eat in.

That's correct, it is just this class of ships that have the Aqua Class. The idea is to make this something special for those who want a more spa like experience. The website makes it clear that Aqua Class has assigned seating in Blu.

I never asked you to apologize:eek:.......I never critisizied you.

I was posting my own thoughts and I don't apologize for them

either.

If you read my last sentence..I said different strokes

for different folks.

Thanks Librarycin, I'm sure we'll have a great time. We will certainly give Celebrity another try next year - when they have organised their informatoin - but we had such contradictory details - it was just too much to worry about.

I know that the new ships will be a more contemporary experience to Cunard and thats something that I look forward too - but I'll wait until they get themselves sorted out before I book again...

anyway - if you're free on the 3rd Jan - come and join us on the QM2 - you'll love it!!

anyway - if you're free on the 3rd Jan - come and join us on the QM2 - you'll love it!!

:D haha! I'd love to do a cruise on QM2. Maybe someday, but I have to watch how much I spend, and I don't have a built-in travel partner, so it's not easy to get something organized (which is why I don't currently have another one planned! :().

Archived