Freedom of the Seas Port Days

provenienbam

Try google next time.

Parents can leave their children at Navigator Ocean while they take shore excursions. For this purpose, the facilities open 30 minutes ahead of morning shore excursion departures.

Private babysitting is offered from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m., provided sitters are available, for children from one year old. The rate is usually between $8.00 and $10 per per hour depending on the number of children in the family. Cash payment is made directly to the sitter. Arrange through Guest Services at least 24 hours in advance.

OP - Search term was freedom of the seas babysitting

Information about the OA being open on port days is also available on RCC webpage, though it's not easy to find. Choose options from the main webpage in this order:

Plan a Cruise

Onboard Experience

Kids & Teens

Ocean Adventure

Explorers Ages 6-8

It also details available activities. If you are interested in other age groups (though OP I think your DD is 6?), choose that option.

Info about babysitting from their webpage:

Babysitting is offered both in a group setting, and individually in your stateroom. In stateroom babysitting must be booked through the Guest Relations Desk (Purser's Desk) at least 24 hours in advance.

It cannot be booked prior to the cruise vacation and there is no guarantee that sitters will be available. The service is offered when personnel is available.

Children MUST be at least 1 year old.

Approximate Rate: $10.00 per hour for one or two children within the same family or $15.00 per hour for three children within the same family.

Times and prices are subject to change without notice. Payment must be made in cash.

Another webpage discussing this issue:

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/reviews/rci/freedom.cfm

How up-to-date or reliable any of this is, I have no idea.

Ohhh I gotcha Rugrats - Thanks!

To the OP - if your daughter is 6, then she can go to Adventure Ocean on the port day. It WILL be open. And there is no charge, it is included in your cruise price.

It's not called "babysitting", it is actually just called "Adventure Ocean".

The schedules for Adventure Ocean are at the link in my signature.

A couple of things to note (these can be seen on the AO sheets on Michele's link)

- the AO staff will bring the kids for lunch on port days (if the ship is in port over lunchtime) so you can go ahead and book that special tour without the kids.

-On Labadee, the whole AO program moves ashore, although in the case of my older DS, I had bought him a ticket to the big waterslide so he spent all day on that :)

Archived