Cosol Tour in St. Lucia

smitty1711

Looks like our group really bonded over the bad Cosol experience! I will NEVER do another van tour unless it is just my party with a driver, not a whole tour. The island van tour experience is completely ruined for me. However, I cannot wait to go back to St. Lucia!

Did any of you guys every hear back from Cosol about our tour? Did he offer an apology or anything? I never got a response.

Looks like our group really bonded over the bad Cosol experience! I will NEVER do another van tour unless it is just my party with a driver, not a whole tour. The island van tour experience is completely ruined for me. However, I cannot wait to go back to St. Lucia!

Did any of you guys every hear back from Cosol about our tour? Did he offer an apology or anything? I never got a response.

Hi Amanda! I didn't even bother emailing Cosol....what's the point! I did think it was important to post the negative experience that our group had for two reasons. One, because there were so many good things posted and it was a no brainer to book with him. I read a negative post just prior to our cruise (from pastormike) and I thought he was nuts or something. I wanted to get the word out there on the posts that Cosol can be a bad experience and the number of ships in port seem to dictate that. The second reason I wanted to share our negative experience was to perhaps bring Cosol down a notch or two and make him rethink booking so many people. Negative posts on CC can hurt him much more than just sending an email to him personally. I'm not really trying to hurt him more than trying to make people on CC aware of what can happen!

I tried to take a picture of all of the chaos, but it was difficult to capture it in one picture....maybe I should have used a panoramic! The best picture would have been of all the vans that were parked everywhere on the side of the road. Or perhaps a picture of the chaos of Cosol trying to get all of us on the vans at the beginning! Anyway, here is what I have.

IMG_0512_edited-1-copy.jpg.93f481e053ff11ca90c15b72ff0b8305.jpg

IMG_0527_edited-1.jpg.fd6cf164e82a3d8f5e4f61c33b1858fc.jpg

IMG_0539_edited-1.jpg.b0d502e523e7e2ae4f7d60ba6d7e05a0.jpg

Hi Judy! I do agree with you. If I hadn't had other great van tours in the past, I might feel the same way as others discouraged by the experience. Bernard in St. Martin and Gordon (SO funny) in Antigua were AWESOME but they were more on the private side and not too many people, which I like! LIVE AND LEARN! I guess we 'lucked out' being on St. Lucia the day with 5 ships. I wish I would have experienced a tour with under 50 people. Oh well. I too wish we had been able to go to the beach. That was really the one place we wanted to go. Oh, and I couldn't tell you if there is a banana plantation. Our group didn't even get a stop by the road 'drive by' banana tour so that is an urban legend to me, just like the beach! Ha! You are lucky you had a nice relaxing day on Barbados. Two of my party got so sick on the Cosol tour (windy roads and no air circulation on the van) that they had to stay on board and miss lovely Barbados. Not fun.

Yes, I'm SO excited for my next cruise! You must get something planned!:D

LOL about the banana plantation!!! I must say that the bananas were pretty darn good!

We had so much fun on the cruise and I loved the Serenade! I am not going to let that one wild and crazy day ruin my memories of a wonderful week. And, it was fun being with you on Bernard's tour and seeing you guys throughout the week. You and your family are beautiful!

As far as next cruises go, we are thinking about an Eastern Med cruise with some friends next summer. Our office usually goes on a cruise every other year and that will probably be the Southern Caribbean again....can't go wrong there!

Hi Amanda! I didn't even bother emailing Cosol....what's the point! I did think it was important to post the negative experience that our group had for two reasons. One, because there were so many good things posted and it was a no brainer to book with him. I read a negative post just prior to our cruise (from pastormike) and I thought he was nuts or something. I wanted to get the word out there on the posts that Cosol can be a bad experience and the number of ships in port seem to dictate that. The second reason I wanted to share our negative experience was to perhaps bring Cosol down a notch or two and make him rethink booking so many people. Negative posts on CC can hurt him much more than just sending an email to him personally. I'm not really trying to hurt him more than trying to make people on CC aware of what can happen!

I tried to take a picture of all of the chaos, but it was difficult to capture it in one picture....maybe I should have used a panoramic! The best picture would have been of all the vans that were parked everywhere on the side of the road. Or perhaps a picture of the chaos of Cosol trying to get all of us on the vans at the beginning! Anyway, here is what I have.

Well put! And you are right, your pictures don't even begin to capture the insane amount of people that were on this tour!

msakmom! we were in the van with you and I didn't even know it was you!!!! I agree that the Cosol tour was our favorite on ALL of the islands. If anyone is concerned about the crowd, they should check to see how many ships will be in port that day. That is what someone in our van did. I was glad to have JC as our driver! He was a lot of fun. I was also impressed that Cosol made sure to check with all of the vans periodically during the day to make sure that things were going well. We were also amazed at how many connections he has & how many people he employs. It is good business for the island and a good value for your $$. Anyone who is worried about making back to the ship on time; Cosol knew we were leaving early that day & several people on our ship didn't even know! (it WAS posted in a lot of places, oops!) We got back in plenty of time & didn't have to skip anything.

I didn't even know that bananas were supposed to taste like that!

Just sailed on Carnival Miracle 3/29 and took Cosol Tours in St Lucia. It was the most inclusive tour of the island, especially for the price. We thoroughly enjoyed it and there were at least 5 vans from our ship alone. Cosol was well organized and wasted no time in getting us on our way.

We got back 30 minutes before our due time on ship so there was little time left for shopping except for a quick tour through the shops on the pier. I did have time to get perfume and tequila.

The best part is you don't pay until the end of tour, but it is cash only. Just access the website posted on previous replies and you confirm by sending an email. The tour is just as described on their site.

Just sailed on Carnival Miracle 3/29 and took Cosol Tours in St Lucia. It was the most inclusive tour of the island, especially for the price. We thoroughly enjoyed it and there were at least 5 vans from our ship alone. Cosol was well organized and wasted no time in getting us on our way.

We got back 30 minutes before our due time on ship so there was little time left for shopping except for a quick tour through the shops on the pier. I did have time to get perfume and tequila.

The best part is you don't pay until the end of tour, but it is cash only. Just access the website posted on previous replies and you confirm by sending an email. The tour is just as described on their site.

By far the best excursion! We where on the RC Serenade of the Seas, docked in St. Lucia on 3/25, we added some friends to the excursion and COSOL had no problems accomodating the additional passengers. He made it very clear from the beginning that it was going to be a drunken island tour and we would have a blast and that it was. He delivered on everything he promised and then some. All the stops where 1st class, the buffet he had arranged for us was awesome, the fresh bread and cheese, oh my god, I can still smell and taste it. And the Rum Punch never stopped flowing... Our driver was Baptist, he was a blast, he stopped and treated us to some fresh homemade almond cookies from a local on the street, awesome. Anyone at all looking for something to do in St. Lucia, you gotta look up COSOL, if we ever get to go back to St. Lucia, we will definitely do it again!

COSOL, you rock, and by the way, airport security took our Banana Ketchup and Spicy Sauce, I will be calling you to figure out how to get some more!

Your Friends,

Steven & Jodi Hecht

:D:cool:

He made it very clear from the beginning that it was going to be a drunken island tour and we would have a blast and that it was.

A drunken island tour? Thanks for that info so Cosol isn't really a family friendly tour then?

Cosol was one we were considering for our visit to St Lucia in February next year - guess we'll have to look elsewhere:(

A drunken island tour? Thanks for that info so Cosol isn't really a family friendly tour then?

Cosol was one we were considering for our visit to St Lucia in February next year - guess we'll have to look elsewhere:(

I would not really say it is a drunken island tour, but there is unlimited beer, rum punch, and some harder liquor. No one is carded and it is definitely free flowing. I did not see anyone drunk, but it is definitely a possibility.

Cosol may have said that in fun. He does have unlimited rum punch and other drinks he also has plenty soft drinks for the kids. The Drinks are usually available when he makes photo stops as he has what he calls a "mobile bar" travelling with the group. His tour is VERY family friendly. My teenaged son accompanied us on this tour and even he liked it (Which is saying alot as he is a teenager).

Don't cancel your tour. Go and have a good time. Believe me, you will NOT be surrounded by a bunch of drunks. My husband and I do not drink and we had a wonderful time. Go for it!

I am a true Cosol fan as he was definately the highlight of our trip on March 18th. Would book his tour again in a heartbeat.

Thanks Ms B for your input. I just made reservation for Colsol's tour for my family. I was a little nervous when I read it would be a drunken tour as my husband and I do not drink and we will have our 2 teenage daughters along. But from your post it sounds like we will be fine.

Thanks Ms B for your input. I just made reservation for Colsol's tour for my family. I was a little nervous when I read it would be a drunken tour as my husband and I do not drink and we will have our 2 teenage daughters along. But from your post it sounds like we will be fine.

Yes you will be fine. Go and have a great time. St. Lucia is a beautiful island!

My husband and I took my parents (81 and 73) and our kids (11 and 8) on Cosol's tour and we all agreed it was the best day of our cruise. Our driver, Sam, took very good care of my elderly parents and young kids. My kids, in particular, are still talking about this tour as their favorite day.

The cooler did had beer, soda and water if you wanted it, but it was in the back of the van and we didn't really pay that much attention to it.

Hope your enjoy your cruise!

msakmom! we were in the van with you and I didn't even know it was you!!!!

Yeah. That was us. We got tied up the day of the M&M and never made it there. I was disappointed. I knew several people from there were going with Cosol, but I didn't know who was who. Still, had an awesome time on the tour.

COSOL, you rock, and by the way, airport security took our Banana Ketchup and Spicy Sauce, I will be calling you to figure out how to get some more!

Did you put it in your checked luggage or in your carry-on?

Hi We just got back from our cruise:( Cant believe its over.

Anyway we went with Cosol on his tour. There was only 6 of us but a couple on our ship wanted a tour and we asked him he had any room for them with us, he had so he took the 8 of us.

We had the most fantastic day with him. He is such a cool nice guy:cool: Does anything to please. He has lots of knowledge on the island. We loved the boat trip to the beach in between the Pitons! We tried loads of different foods that he had a local girl cook for us. Everything was spotless! His van is imaculate. He told us that he had local children waiting to clean it for him every night in exchange for a ride to school every day;)

Everybody had a great day. I think the mention of a drunk tour is very bad for them to write! Yes he has all kinds of drinks available which is great. But this is the mans business, and writing something like that could put people off.

He has obviously worked very hard in his life to get where he is now. I take my hat off to him!!! He prides himself in making your day enjoyable, varied, and interesting

We will never forget our day with him. Young and old alike would enjoy it!

Just got back from the victory 4/5/09. Booked a private tour with cosol. Perfect tour. Feel like we did everything the island has to offer. You really get to taste all the different food from their culture. Unlimted water and soda!. Driver stopped and bought my gf some special candy that she said she liked. The hot bread and cheese was to die for!!!!

A MUST

We did the tour in March while sailing on the Emerald Princess. No kids or teenagers were in the van and no drunks either. The homemade Spiced Rum is the best and must be tried. The tour was fun and knowledgeable. Go forth and have fun.

Cosol if you read this revew review thanks again for letting me clean my feet with yours shoes, but remember it was the Fla Gators fan's fault. Hope Tuesday is doing well and look forward to your tour next time in St Lucia.

We just took this tour with our 13 and 15 year old daughters, VERY much a family tour. This is the BEST tour we have ever done!!!!!! Yes there is alcohol served, however there is also plenty of water and soft drinks served. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this tour to anyone. We requested Cosol as our driver and could not have asked for anything better.

hi our crusie noordam will stop at st lucia can you foward the email for cosol tours please :) what are the price per person ?:confused: and how long is the island (drunken tour) seem like fun can we bring our 10 year old with us he must have some kids juice /soda or water for kids?

hoping to hear from everyone soon thank you

We just got back a few weeks ago from our cruise. We stopped at 6 ports and booked tours at each one, and all of them were fantastic. But our favorite was Cosol tours. There was 1 drunk couple in another van but it wasn't Cosol's fault because they were drunk before the tour started. We laughed at them as the man smoked a non-lit cigarette. Cosol's group made them stay back when we went snorkling, they seemed to know how to handle people like that. But the guides were very funny, extemely nice, and everyone had a great time. We made great friends too! I didn't drink that day (captains cocktail part the night before, big mistake). We received a lesson on growing bananas at a plantation and ate some of them too, drove on a smelling valcano, saw waterfalls and drove through little towns. The scenery was beautiful. They kept feeding us local food - tons of fried things, I can't remember what they were, and fresh hot bread with cheese in it. But be ready for some fun and excitement if you take this tour!

And if you go, and bring Cosol some apples, he will love you. Apples are very expensive there and the locals love them :)

Archived