Life Vest

MOTHEROFONE

You wouldn't need one for safety reasons, but if you would like to have one, like another poster said, for the pool you could bring one. Or if you would want one for the beach in port. Don't know how old you child is, but we do water wings for our youngest. Must easier to pack!

For muster purposes, though, I imagine that the cruiseship will require you to use theirs, as they know it's been checked out. When you first get into your cabin, see if there's a child life jacket there. If not, find your cabin steward and request it. It's a requirement.

Cruising next week on Carnival's Glory with my 2 grandkids (19 months and 9 months). Just to be sure, when we get to our cabins, if there is not a lifevest for the babies, we need to notify our cabin steward BEFORE we go to the muster drill?

Also, our TA indicated that a crib/P&P was requested for 2 of our rooms...will they already be in the room when we arrive, or will we need to find our steward for that as well?

Cruising next week on Carnival's Glory with my 2 grandkids (19 months and 9 months). Just to be sure, when we get to our cabins, if there is not a lifevest for the babies, we need to notify our cabin steward BEFORE we go to the muster drill?

Also, our TA indicated that a crib/P&P was requested for 2 of our rooms...will they already be in the room when we arrive, or will we need to find our steward for that as well?

Yes if there are no infant life vests in your cabin notify your cabin attendant before the lifeboat drill. The pack and play should be in your cabin but if they aren't, again tell your stateroom attendant.

Hi,

My son is 4.5 yrs old and we bought him a scooby-doo lifevest last year before going to Disney. It is an official coast-guard lifevest but so much fun for him to wear.

I feel more secure with him wearing it to the beach and also to the swimming pool.

He knows that he has to put on his "jacket" before going to the beach. When we were in Jamaica, he floated around all day with the lifevest on and played in the sand and water.

I have one for my 4-year old that I bring so he can wear in the pool. He doesn't know how to swim yet so it makes me more comfortable taking him the pool. He will remind me to put it on him if I forget.

As others pointed out, the ship should provide a child size one in case of an emergency. If it is not there for some reason, tell your steward. You should take that one to the drill, but I wouldn't use that for the pool or beach.

Ginger

Archived