Dunns River Falls?

MOTHEROFONE

We are traveling on RCCL Freedom of the Seas in September to Jamaica and we want to do the falls and only the falls . The cruise excursions are 1 expensive and 2 don't have anything that just do the falls. Can we just take a taxi to the falls ourselves and climb the falls.?

We are traveling on RCCL Freedom of the Seas in September to Jamaica and we want to do the falls and only the falls . The cruise excursions are 1 expensive and 2 don't have anything that just do the falls. Can we just take a taxi to the falls ourselves and climb the falls.?

Have you considered options for excursions outside of what the RCCL offers? There are quite a few reputable tour operators and a search on Google for "jamaica cruise excursions" would probably be relatively successful. :o

I used a tour operator to the Falls, sight-seeing, lunch and shopping. The price was very cheap and reasonable. I used the Peat Taylor Tour I just emailed him ahead of time to pre-book his tour, he was a fantastic guide. He gave us a great tour of the island and gave us tips about how to get along with the locals. The tour cost US$25 per person and admission at the falls was US$15 for each person. A GREAT Deal for a TERRIFIC Day in Jamaica. I Highly recommend that you use a guide!

I agree with the previous post! We just grabbed a taxi near the ship and went there on our own. We actually asked the driver to come back for us in a couple of hours and he was there waiting for us when we were done!

We are thinking about this same thing. Did you pay for two one-way trips for the taxi, or did you pay for the whole thing at once? I am worried about paying for the round trip and not seeing our driver again.

How much was a taxi to Dunn's River Falls?

There are 3 ports that ships can dock at, it would depend on which port your ship docks at. Carnival ships dock at the furthest dock away for instance, so it would be at least a 2 hour drive each way.

Unless the road is better paved than when I went two years ago....the ride can last even longer than 2 hours if cruising with Carnival.

We were in two very heavy rainstorms...one heading each way. We had booked the excursion through Carnival and the ship had to stay to wait for us to return.

It was a great experience climbing the falls, but I would be hesitant to book outside of the ship due to road conditions unless I ported near the falls.:)

Hey there - we're on the same cruise as you. Not sure how much the RCCL excursions are, but we're doing a Dunn's River Falls, Tubing & Shopping excursion with Marva Shaw. We thought it was reasonable priced, and she gets pretty good reviews around here - might be comparable when you check out the taxi cost and admission to the falls.

Just a thought...

http://www.knowjamaica.com/

Archived