30 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite GAY departure ports

• Miami
    • Fort Lauderdale
    • Tampa/Orlando
    • San Juan
    • San Diego
    • Los Angeles

Which port is your favorite departure port?

Miami

Fort Lauderdale

San Juan

Tampa/Orlando

San Diego

Los Angeles

sorry but the cape in florida is the best, and if you go the day before you can watch cruise ships pass before you very eyes it's amazing...........

I originally created the post to get a better sense of which domestic ports/cruises might have more "family" cruising; but as always, my "family" continues to set a standard of taste and variety. I just wish I had more vacation time to taste all the wonderful ports mentioned. Someday, I will get to go on the European Cruise I dream of.

Fidel

I voted for Ft. Lauderdale only because it has been the best of two we have experienced. But we're sailing out of Bayonne in November and it could become my favorite simply because we can drive to it, see NYC skyline & Verazzano Bridge on way out, etc. And then, we will try San Juan next April. My favorite could change very quickly.

David

I'll second (third? fourth?) Venice as one of the most beautiful ports to sail in/out of - it was simply stunning, with Time To Say Goodbye playing over the ship's sound system and a nice historic narrative being provided (this was on Emerald Princess).

I've never cruised in/out of NYC but that must be quite magnificent too. :)

New York is wonderful...if you go back to my post #12 about the boaters it would be hard for the Venizians to match the speedboat driver in NY harbor attempting to cut across the path of Crown Princess. Three blasts of the ship's horn must have made him think "I don't want to die this way" because he pulled over.

Steve

Archived