Trying not to freak out... urgent help needed

BRC6C

DH, DS, and I sail tomorrow on the Glory. DH and DS are already in FL and DH just called to say his bag with computer and their passports has been stolen... I have a stamped copy of DS's birth certificate and DH has his driver's license. I have found a non certified copy of DH's birth certificate as well as his expired passport. Is he going to be able to sail?

I think you should be okay. Like the previous person posted, bring the police report. I know as of right now, you can use the birth certificate. I've read somewhere that you can use an expired passport, if not over 6 mos. expired. Not sure how true that is. I know this is a terrible start to your cruise, but I hope everything works out and I'm sure once you get on the ship, you will have a great time. Good luck and HAVE FUN.

Your son will be able to sail no problem, you have your info. I would bring everything that you have for your husband and when you get to the pier ask to go inside and speak with the office personnel. I can not qty that you will all get on but considering you have expired passports and birth certificates your chances are about 90%.

Bring any information that you have regarding the theft also, this will help them to see that it really did happen.

Good luck and let us know how it worked out

DH, DS, and I sail tomorrow on the Glory. DH and DS are already in FL and DH just called to say his bag with computer and their passports has been stolen... I have a stamped copy of DS's birth certificate and DH has his driver's license. I have found a non certified copy of DH's birth certificate as well as his expired passport. Is he going to be able to sail?

So sorry this has happened!!! :( I think like the others said, they will honor the police report. What a horrible thing to happen, pre-cruise or any time!! Hope you can have an enjoyable cruise anyway!!! good luck!

Customs or the Dept of Homeland Security at the port might be able to look on their computer and check his passport. Take a copy of the police report about the theft with you, it might come in handy. When we went on the Triumph in May, my DM left her BC at home. We got a copy faxed to us, I went to the Homeland Security office in Miami and they said that as long as she has her DL with her picture on it, and because of her age, they would not have a problem with it. We had no problems at all because of her not having the correct BC.

Good Luck!

Just a suggestion- had you entered all the ID info online- passport details etc?

Is your son's birth certificate a State Issued one or a hospital type cert?

Your husband can cruise with a govt issued ID so driving license is fine.

Thanks so much for all your support... everything has been found! We think he left it and the person who picked it up (inside the hotel) had the hotel take it to his room. We will not mention the gray hairs this one caused. He owes me some VERY large fru-fru drink tomorrow!

The expired passport should work fine. There's no requirement for a passport just proper documents for identification...

Thanks so much for all your support... everything has been found! We think he left it and the person who picked it up (inside the hotel) had the hotel take it to his room. We will not mention the gray hairs this one caused. He owes me some VERY large fru-fru drink tomorrow!

Yeah!!!!

Have a wonderful cruise!!!

Fu - Fu drink? He should let you have a whole day in the Spa and a blank check at the diamond store!!!!

Hmmmm if that's what it will get me, I may have DH's passport 'stolen' and recovered at the last minute! Mama needs a new diamond necklace! :D

To OP - so glad things worked out. No one needs that kind of stress before a cruise! Have an extra froo-froo drink and have a GREAT cruise!

Without a passport or certified copy of a birht certificate the OPs DH is not going to be able to sail. Homeland security is very strict on these type of things. I hope the OP has good insurance.

Your husband can cruise with a govt issued ID so driving license is fine.

The husband would still have to have some government issued proof of citzenship, either a passport or a certified copy of his birth certificate. Just a driver's license wouldn't do. Not that it matters in this case since they found all their documentation.

Hope you are having a great cruise!! This will be a great story to tell a few years from now :)

Archived