What Gives with 4-Day Mexico Cruise September 2009?

We were looking to arrange a neighborhood cruise, saw plenty of cabins available this morning, and BAMMM! This afternoon the cruise is sold out. Not only this cruise, but the same one in October and November 2009.

RCCL says that they are sold out....no more to be told. That means that over 1500 cabins were sold in 3-4 hours. That sounds like crap to me.

Does anyone know why this happened?

It's the weekend. They do weird things to the website on the weekend.

I called RCCL several times with the same result. Actually, the same result for all San Diego cruises in September and October 2009. They told me, "All Sold Out".

Maybe..........just maybe..........try the words............."Charter"!!

Rick

Rick, I can't see almost every 4 and 5 night cruise for 3 months being chartered. I still say it's the weekend and they are doing something to their systems, like "updating the inventory."

Rick, I can't see almost every 4 and 5 night cruise for 3 months being chartered. I still say it's the weekend and they are doing something to their systems, like "updating the inventory."

I hope you are right....cruises for 3 months all sold out in a couple of hours? Seems impossible that would happen either my individuals or travel agents or groups.

I'll keep looking and hope that something comes up. 4-5 nights on Radiance in my back yard is too tough to pass up.

I'll keep looking and hope that something comes up. 4-5 nights on Radiance in my back yard is too tough to pass up.

Oh I understand. Why do you think I booked it the day the sailings opened up?:D

Wrona........thanks for the clarifacation..............they would not book charters that far out. One or two I can understand. But that is waaay too many.

The Rhapsody..........is chartered from Vancouver BC to Australia. But that is only one trip............although a long one.

RCCl is undergoing many changes.

Rick

It sure could be charters. It could be a company that has chartered the ship for a couple months as incentives for employees. Before I retired after 32 years in the travel industry, I handled many of these type of incentives.

Large companies use these cruises as give-aways to employees who are outstanding. It's usually in conjunction with something new the company is doing or developing and the employees are encouraged to assist in some way or another. They can also use them as incentives to potential and current buyers of whatever product they are selling....or to reward top selling sales people, etc.

Another company I handled chartered a ship every year the weekend before Christmas.....and invited his employees....

Not unusual at all and wouldn't surprise me a bit.

It sure could be charters. It could be a company that has chartered the ship for a couple months as incentives for employees. Before I retired after 32 years in the travel industry' date=' I handled many of these type of incentives.

Large companies use these cruises as give-aways to employees who are outstanding. It's usually in conjunction with something new the company is doing or developing and the employees are encouraged to assist in some way or another. They can also use them as incentives to potential and current buyers of whatever product they are selling....or to reward top selling sales people, etc.

Another company I handled chartered a ship every year the weekend before Christmas.....and invited his employees....

Not unusual at all and wouldn't surprise me a bit.[/quote']

That would be one huge company! To book over a thousand cabins approximately 12 times, then multiply that number twice, assuming it would only be double occupancy.

I don't think I'd want to work for a company so large it could give incentives to its top 12 thousand employees ;)

Nah. You guys are just plain wrong. There is no way that this is just the IT guys up to their weekend mischief.

Here, I can prove it.

Sure, I'm booked on Radiance B2B in March/April 2010. (Spring break!)

Sure, my 4 day has disappeared from the website.

But the 5 day is still there.

See?

Superior Oceanview Stateroom

Deck(s): Deck Nine, Ten

Occupancy: Up to 2 guests.

Amenities: Two twin beds (can convert into queen-size), private balcony, sitting area with sofa, and a private bathroom. (204 sq. ft., balcony 41 sq. ft.)

Please note: Staterooms 9252, 9254, 9652, & 9654 have partially obstructed views. View Image | 360° View

Standard Rate Single Guest Stateroom Total

*$200,097.00 USD *$ 200,097.00 USD

No problem, mon!

:D

We're booked on the November 12th (4 day), which currently shows sold out. There's only Interior available on the Oct. 29th sailing. I'm thinking that perhaps a lot of group space got gobbled up...? We also booked our stateroom in May this year.

Just checked - the website let me book today.

Just checked 7 day Mexican Riviera on Mariner for June and July 2009 and nothing's showing as available. :( As others have suggested, I sure do hope it's the IT guys doing their weekend thing.

Katink

Just checked 7 day Mexican Riviera on Mariner for June and July 2009 and nothing's showing as available. :( As others have suggested, I sure do hope it's the IT guys doing their weekend thing.

Katink

It is. The July 12th 2009 trip we are on just got a price reduction that I got notice on from my TA. So I'm sure it's not full.

Dave

Archived