Which Itinerary?

big aft

With all other things being equal (price, cabin selection, airfare, etc) which itinerary do you think is better? By better I mean quality of sightseeing, beauty of island, overall experiance of seeing new islands.

1. Aruba, Bonaire, Grenada, Dominica

2. Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, Tortola

We have not visited any of these islands and are looking to make a decision. BTW, its the Caribbean Princess.

Thanks for any help!

With all other things being equal (price, cabin selection, airfare, etc) which itinerary do you think is better? By better I mean quality of sightseeing, beauty of island, overall experiance of seeing new islands.

We have not visited any of these islands and are looking to make a decision. BTW, its the Caribbean Princess.

Thanks for any help!

Havent personally been to any of these stops, but our next cruise will go to places from your #1 list. I am sure people can give you more specifics, but I would pick #1. I have heard great things about all those stops. Although when doing our research we were also torn with a vacation that went to St.Lucia. Either way, I think you will enjoy all those stops.

Thanks for any help!

when we cruise in the Caribbean, we go for the beach, not so much for sightseeing.

we haven't been to Bonaire or Tortola.

We love Aruba and Barbados and have been to Aruba several times on land vacations. However, what we most love about Aruba is the beach.

IMO, Aruba is not especially beautiful.

Barbados, we got off the ship and bargained with a taxi driver and did an island sightseeing, following by several hours on the beach. One day, we will do a land vacation.

Grenada was beautiful - we did a ship's tour that also went to the beach and loved the island. One of our favorites, and we'd like to do a land vacation.

St. Lucia and Antigua we loved both of them, also, but wouldn't want to do a land vacation on either one. We did ship's tours - sightseeing - and went to the beach, too.

Dominica is green and gorgeous and mountaineous, but most of the ship's excursions were on the very active side and the cruise we went, we just wanted to chill out.

So, since we've visited Aruba so many times, we'd pick #2.

But, you won't go wrong or regret either.

enjoy!

Thanks for any help!

I like the Barbados stops better. :D

Last April we took the 14 day back to back out of San Juan so we did both itineraries. I'd choose the second itinerary.

We loved Barbados and Antigua. It depends on what you like doing in ports, but we liked the itinerary mentioned best for the beaches. That doesn't take anything away from the other itinerary, because it was beautiful too, but we were awed by Barbados. It reminded us of stepping into a Corona "Miles away from ordinary" commercial with the sounds of the waves, peace, tranquility, palms, ocean, and the white sand.

When I cruise, I go for the beaches and snorkeling. Both itineraries are good. I like #2 a little better. You mentioned all other things being equal. One thing I remember from doing the Bonaire/Grenada route is that port days were a little shorter. I like having the longer port days. Nice variety of excursions either route.

We've been to all the islands and Tortola is our favorite. It's what the islands used to be like before they were discovered by cruise ships. Even the Diamonds International store is small and out of the way. It's actually possible to get away from it all by hiking in the National Park at the top of the mountain.

Thanks for any help!

Having been to all of them except Bonaire and given the same choice for my 09 Ruby cruise, I chose #1. Not a huge fan of Tortola and Antigua. Plus Dominica is one of the most picturesque stops in the Caribbean.

Thanks for any help!

Have cruised both--but--prefer #1--we love Aruba--are going back for our 2nd land trip there in September--cruises are great for giving you great places to go back to visit--must tell you that #2 is also very good

What you MUST do is double the money you are planning to spend and do a b2b with both--

Have a great trip--you can't go wrong

Leave out of OSJ???

Safe Travels

Nancy:D

Archived