Island Princess Meet & Greet

doreen22

I am trying to arrange a M&G on the Island and I am a rookie at it, so would appreciate any advice.

We were thinking of meeting at the Wheelhouse lounge around 3:30 on our first sea day. The Island co-ordinator said she could set up a bar for us at 4:30 on the second sea day (at the Wheelhouse).

I am wondering if we just went ahead and met on our own at 3:30 would the Wheelhouse bar even be open?

Thanks,

I am trying to arrange a M&G on the Island and I am a rookie at it, so would appreciate any advice.

We were thinking of meeting at the Wheelhouse lounge around 3:30 on our first sea day. The Island co-ordinator said she could set up a bar for us at 4:30 on the second sea day (at the Wheelhouse).

I am wondering if we just went ahead and met on our own at 3:30 would the Wheelhouse bar even be open?

Thanks,

Better to set it up, if you don't some other groups may be there. :)

I just had my group show up at Crooner's bar at 4:00 first sea day. There is plenty of seating and we just pulled the chairs around in a circle and talked to each other. We were still chatting when the free drinks started showing up for Captain's night, and we already had premo seats.

Thanks, that sounds good, our group could be as many as 30- it is hard to tell for sure as there are about 10 "regulars" with the rest "occasionals".

Anyhow, would there likely be enough room for 30 of us to sit more or less together.

thanks

We had about 20 and everyone just moved the chairs around and squeezed in together. Plus some people stood and circulated, which eventually led to everyone circulating and we all played musical chairs at some point. Plus people come in late and leave early, so it works out. We did not arrange it ahead of time, just showed up. That bar is usually quiet and there are two waiters just waiting for something to do.

We have a friend originaly from Glasgow Scotland who is p;aying in the Piano bar His name is Ray Cousins,please say hello from Allan and Sandra and Allan is looking forward to seeing him soom. thank you Alsas. he is a wonderful entertainer.

Thanks,

Someone on our Roll Call has been trying to set something up for us too. We're on the Coral. When she called Princess they gave her all these hoops to jump through including submitting everyone's booking numbers ahead of time. Then it turned out that we don't have to give booking numbers, but they said they "will not promise a bartender or snacks. Also, they will not put anything in the Princess Patters either." So, we've sort of decided to just meet in a lounge and have our own little Meet & Greet. Not sure why Princess doesn't cooperate more - I've heard that RCCL puts on a nice event.

Actually the co-ordinator for the Island, Diana Hall, (she also does the Diamond ) has been really good. She responds almost immediately and has offered a bartender from 3-4 in the Wheelhouse.....we think we will take her up on it...and then when we get kicked out (because she has a group right after us) we can move along to Crooners :) .

Archived