Another Internet Question

apeller

Somewhere I seem to remember that I read that if you sign up for your internet package on the first day you were given some extra time. Can someone confirm this or did I just make it up? Thanks.

Since Princess sells the 'internet packages' which you can purchase at any time, I don't ever recall seeing where if you signed up the first day where you received extra time online. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong here???????????????

Yes, on all of our Princess cruises they had a special where you received extra minutes if you signed up the first day. On the Caribbean Princess it was any time the first day, but as I recall last year when we were on the Island Princess it was only between certain hours and I missed the time. The amount of extra minutes is based on which package you buy.

They also offered a special on the day before disembarkation for a limited number of minutes for about $10 for those that wanted to check-in for their return flight home.

Hummmmmmmm, I stand corrected. Guess since I have made elite status I wasn't paying as close attention as I should have. Thanks to those that corrected my mistake. ;)

I'm good at spotting the word "Free". ;) So even with the Platinum/Elite internet packages, those extra 30 odd minutes can sure come in handy when you have such slow internet connection times.

I'm good at spotting the word "Free". ;) So even with the Platinum/Elite internet packages, those extra 30 odd minutes can sure come in handy when you have such slow internet connection times.

I think my problem is I normally don't go into the Internet Cafe until the third or forth day onboard. So, that is probably how I missed it. ;) I usually can spot that FREE word from a mile away also. LOL

On my Crown Princess cruise in July, they were offering 30 minutes if you sign up before 10PM. The Internet was down during the day and then it was too busy to go before dinner, and dinner ran late (as it did every night) so I didn't make it until 10:15PM. They would not honor the 30 minutes. In the long run, it didn't matter as I bought the Platinum/Elite package and had over 2.5 hours left unused at the end of the cruise. But to me, it was the principle of the thing: the window of opportunity was very, very short.

Thanks for all the answers. As I said earlier, I thought I was correct in what I heard but I didn't remember where I read it. It might have even been in someone's review. With all the information that is posted here it is difficult to keep track of what you see where.

So on Sunday when I board the CB I will first try to make my dinner reservations since I am #99 on the waiting list for 2nd seating, then we will go eat in the sit down dining room for lunch, and 3rd on my list will be to sign up for DH's and my internet packages.

How much internet time is given for the Platinum internet package? My cruise will be 7 nights in length. Also do you have to sign up for these free minutes or does this just happen automatically?

Thanks

$75 for voyages of 7 days or less (equivalent to 150 minute package)

$100 for voyages of 8-20 days (equivalent to 250 minute package)

$200 for voyages of 21 or more days (equivalent to two 250 minute packages)

You need to sign up for the package you want, in your case the 150 minute package. It will show up as a charge on your account and then be subtracted from it. Also, you will not be charged the one time signup fee.

Thanks for all the answers. As I said earlier, I thought I was correct in what I heard but I didn't remember where I read it. It might have even been in someone's review. With all the information that is posted here it is difficult to keep track of what you see where.

So on Sunday when I board the CB I will first try to make my dinner reservations since I am #99 on the waiting list for 2nd seating, then we will go eat in the sit down dining room for lunch, and 3rd on my list will be to sign up for DH's and my internet packages.

Since you will be sailing on the CB, the same ship we have sailed on twice this year and will again on Sept 7th the information on signing up for the internet is below. This is a copy of the front and back of the handout from the Internet Cafe of the CB. As has been metioned in another thread and is talked about in the handout, be sure to log-off. You need to disable your pop-up blocker for the log-off box to appear.

Have a great cruise, and please post a report of your cruise since we will be doing the same cruise two weeks later.

CB WiFi.pdf

CB WiFi Trouble Connecting.pdf

Since you will be sailing on the CB, the same ship we have sailed on twice this year and will again on Sept 7th the information on signing up for the internet is below. This is a copy of the front and back of the handout from the Internet Cafe of the CB. As has been metioned in another thread and is talked about in the handout, be sure to log-off. You need to disable your pop-up blocker for the log-off box to appear.

Have a great cruise, and please post a report of your cruise since we will be doing the same cruise two weeks later.

Thanks for the link which has now confused me. I do not recall ever being charged a $3.95 first time fee (on RCI yes, not Princess) and also, printing has always been free. Even when they took away the unlimited internet for Elite, there was still no connection charge or printing fee.

Does anyone know when this changed? We haven't been on a Princess ship since October.

Pia

Thanks for the link which has now confused me. I do not recall ever being charged a $3.95 first time fee (on RCI yes, not Princess) and also, printing has always been free. Even when they took away the unlimited internet for Elite, there was still no connection charge or printing fee.

Does anyone know when this changed? We haven't been on a Princess ship since October.

Pia

Pia, last cruise was in December, never then or before have we been charged the $3.95 or for printing. So, I am not sure this applies to Platinum/Elite packages. If it does, then they have just started it as we have never paid it or been charged for it in the past.

Pia, last cruise was in December, never then or before have we been charged the $3.95 or for printing. So, I am not sure this applies to Platinum/Elite packages. If it does, then they have just started it as we have never paid it or been charged for it in the past.

I'll find out in two weeks. :)

If you buy/get an internet package, primarily to use for wifi on your laptop, can you still use the same pool of minutes in the internet cafe on theirr computers?
It depends on the ship. Princess is rolling it out to all of their ships so not all of them have the Internet Cafe/WiFi package. On the Crown Princess, you buy your package and can use the minutes either in the Internet Cafe or WiFi on your laptop so to answer your specific question and applying it to your cruise, the answer is "Yes."

$75 for voyages of 7 days or less (equivalent to 150 minute package)

$100 for voyages of 8-20 days (equivalent to 250 minute package)

$200 for voyages of 21 or more days (equivalent to two 250 minute packages)

You need to sign up for the package you want, in your case the 150 minute package. It will show up as a charge on your account and then be subtracted from it. Also, you will not be charged the one time signup fee.

Thank you for the information;)

Looked at our charge statement for the CB last Oct. Had the $75 package plus $.50 for one print page and both were subtracted off the statement. The $3.95 fee never was put on the statement.

Looked at our charge statement for the CB last Oct. Had the $75 package plus $.50 for one print page and both were subtracted off the statement. The $3.95 fee never was put on the statement.

Exactly. I've never even seen the print charge show up and I do quite a bit of printing when I pay all my bills. And if they charge me, so be it.

Pia

Does not apply to Platiunum/Elite packages.

Archived