MSC Opera Dec 4 2004

girlcruiser

Woohoo Margaret! Congrats! How do they look? We have pier pickup so don't get to see them :(

Pool bar after muster sounds good to me, too. In case of rain, shall we meet in the Patio dining area instead?

Please pardon the off topic intrusion. You seem to have a very active thread going for your cruise. There may be some paranoia on my part, but it seems most efforts to get threads going for most of the cruises get some response, while I can't seem to find anyone going on my cruise on the Opera on December 18. Is it because cruises over Christmas aren't popular, or is it just a coincidence? Again, sorry for the intrusion.

Carl

Woohoo Margaret! Congrats! How do they look? We have pier pickup so don't get to see them :(

Pool bar after muster sounds good to me, too. In case of rain, shall we meet in the Patio dining area instead?

Hi Amber, pretty basic just like a old fashioned plane ticket. No other documents to be filled out for on board credit or anything so I guess it

all has to be done in port. A couple of post cards and a copy of the itinerary, luggage tags and a Lirica deck plan (guess they don't have them

for the Opera). Also a useful information book in 5 languages. In a nylon

envelope. Pool bar sounds but what do you mean by the patio dining area?

Margaret

Carl, I'd say it's probably a coincidence. I've had a few sailings where, even on a much larger ship, just doesn't seem that many were finding it online. Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Margaret - there's an "Il Patio" covered seating area just forward of the buffet - between the pool and the buffet. From what I've read, it's a nice, enclosed area, but with lots of glass on the sides so could see the condos and ocean still for sailaway. Since it's in the same general area, thought if the weather isn't good, is an alternative to the pool bar so we don't just miss each other. I just always like to set up a "Plan B" just in case :)

Margaret & Amber

Hooray - Vacation is getting close and the weather so far is co-operating. (I check it everyday)

But I do think it's a good idea to have an alternate place to meet if it's raining and your suggestion sounds great - I'm assuming "Il Patio" is straight across the deck from the pool bar? (same deck right? but maybe the other side of the pool?)

Now how will we find each other again? Nametags? I hope I remember to bring one. OR - maybe easier - is there something we could wear? A color or a hat or something?

I will be bringing Sandy, my husband and Chris and Shelly (my brother and sister in law). They may be checking in to meet you all here soon.

Also, I'm wondering where CruiserCarol is from. Will we be meeting you?

And Does the "Florida Couple" have names?

Pat

Please pardon the off topic intrusion. You seem to have a very active thread going for your cruise. There may be some paranoia on my part, but it seems most efforts to get threads going for most of the cruises get some response, while I can't seem to find anyone going on my cruise on the Opera on December 18. Is it because cruises over Christmas aren't popular, or is it just a coincidence? Again, sorry for the intrusion.

Carl

Hi Carl

I think Christmas is a very popular time to cruise - I'm sure some cruisemates will show up soon. OR you are more than welcome to join us too - I think there's still room on the ship? At the very least - we will be able to tell you what to expect - we'll be back a full week before you go so we can fill you in!

Pat

Hi Pat

Hopefully we will have some great weather and fortunately the weather is still cooperating at our end too. Always worry a bit about snow and I am sure you worry more.... If you check my profile you can see what I look like

name tags are always a good idea we used them on our last cruise. I will

be down your way next Friday for some post Thanksgiving shopping at the

outlets in Niagara Falls an annual event for my friends and I.

Amber,

The patio sounds like a good choice in case we need it, but hopefully not!!!

I was hoping MSC would send some excursion info out with the tickets but they did not. I have not decided what to do in port yet.

Margaret

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, I don't have any flexibility on my dates. My wife and son are going to visit her family in Japan, so my time frame is fixed. I am Mr. Mom a good deal of the time, and I don't speak Japanese, so I take the time of there anual visit to myself. Just to share some info, One big contributing factor to my selecting the MSC cruise I am taking, is the minimal single supplement. I wil be paying around $1,250 for my own cabin with an inside gaurantee. For a 10 day cruise, I think it is a very good deal, particulary with such an interesting intinerary on a brand new ship. I hope others find this deal, so there will be others looking for people to spend some time with.

I look forward to hearing everyone's comments on their Opera cruises before I take off on mine.

Carl

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, I don't have any flexibility on my dates. My wife and son are going to visit her family in Japan, so my time frame is fixed. I am Mr. Mom a good deal of the time, and I don't speak Japanese, so I take the time of there anual visit to myself. Just to share some info, One big contributing factor to my selecting the MSC cruise I am taking, is the minimal single supplement. I wil be paying around $1,250 for my own cabin with an inside gaurantee. For a 10 day cruise, I think it is a very good deal, particulary with such an interesting intinerary on a brand new ship. I hope others find this deal, so there will be others looking for people to spend some time with.

I look forward to hearing everyone's comments on their Opera cruises before I take off on mine.

Carl

Hi Carl, I know what you mean I am doing this as a single also and got a great deal on it. I also did inside guarantee and was really pleased to see they upgraded me to deck 10. Nothing wrong with the lower decks but it

sure is nice to be near the pool and gym and everything. I think the singles out there will catch on quickly as we are all always looking for that good

singles deal.

Margaret

Hi Margaret!

It's great that you posted your pic! (Great Photo!) Now all we have to do is find YOU and we're good to go! Should make things easier.

Wow! We really are neighbors! You are very brave for shopping here the day after Thanksgiving! And I must say, you DO know where to go - the sales are good at the Mall and from what I hear, they are even better if you get there early!

If I get up the courage, (just kidding) I may make a trip myself for the infamous shopping day. I'm only about 25 miles from there and have the day off. I am planning on getting some shopping done that day too!

If you email me at rbps@localnet.com with your e-mail address, I'll let you know if I'm going and we can arrange to meet for a few minutes between sales! FuN!

Anyone else who wants to email me at that address I can send you my pic too. I don't have one to post though but I do have one I can email you. Would help us find each other.

Less than 2 weeks to go! Yeeeaaaaaa!!!

Anyone else received their documents or get upgraded?

Hi all!

For some reason I didn't get notified of the past few posts, so sorry for the delay in responding.

I'll try to remember to bring a Cruise Critic sign of some sort to set up on a table so we can find each other. Maybe I'll just bring out the laptop - that's a sure fire giveaway! I've always used the good old "are you from Cruise Critic" strategy - meet so many neat people that way! :)

If we end up outside, I vote for the port side by the pool bar. That way we'll be in perfect position for the sailaway celebration with the condo owners. Hopefully since we're an inaugural they'll pull out all the stops for us. Same for Il Patio - port side if necessary?

Learned last Friday that I am getting docs after all. Wooohooo! They supposedly were delivered to me today, but no sign of them :( FedEx is tracking. Boooooooooooooo hissssssssssssssssssssss!

Hooray! Neighbors delivered my documents today. FedEx seems to think my house is 6 down the street ;)

Nice presentation - unusual. Looking forward to reading this booklet.

::: doing the doc dance :::

Hooray! Neighbors delivered my documents today. FedEx seems to think my house is 6 down the street ;)

Nice presentation - unusual. Looking forward to reading this booklet.

::: doing the doc dance :::

Hey ~ I want to do the "doc dance" too!!:cool:

Did you also get upgraded ?

Can't wait to go home and see if my docs came today!

I'm checking my mail box daily for my docs for the December 11 sailing. As a matter of interest, do you know your cabin number? If so, did you receive any upgrades? Also, if you booked a package, do you have any idea of the time between landing at FLL and shuttle to the ship?

No upgrades here, but I'd have been extremely surprised to receive one. Yes, have assigned cabin.

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Getting close now - will be in the air just over 7 days from now :D

Hello 12/4 Opera cruisers,

We are going to be on the 1/15 sailing (Eastern) on the Opera.

I was hoping to determine what the dress code is, truly, in practice--namely, what range of attire do you see on formal nights? also, is formal attire designated for 3 nights on a 7-day cruise...or 2 nights? My father is a very informal person and he will be on the cruise with us.

Could you please look around for me and give me some feedback next week on how the male dress code is being observed?

Shirt and tie?

w/ sports jacket?

or dinner suits/tuxes only?

Thanks so much! I really, truly appreciate any clarification you can provide!!!

--Dee

Hi everyone, well we are down to the last few days looking forward to meeting everyone on Saturday. The weather shows a possibility of showers for Saturday so we may have to go to plan B and meed undercover. But lets hope its nice and we can meet a the pool bar. Name tags are probably a good idea.

Margaret

Just wanted to wish all your lucky lucky people "BON VOYAGE" and have a fabulous cruise with good memories to last a life time.

May the weather be all that you could wish for.

Hey - Thanks Czeckmate! That is so nice of you! And we DO need continued good weather wishes! - I see today that we may have company in the form of tropical storm Otto! Ugh - hopefully he will be a good boy and just fizzle out! He doesn't look like much of a threat and at this point forecasts are tracking him moving south east towards Africa - this would be a good path for him to continue on. Other than that - everything looks great! Can't wait!

I am sailing Feb 5 and only paying $1062. oceanview for my husband and myself. I have added our two kids at $704. for a total of 1766. for all of us in an oceanview cabin. You guys need to check out skyauction.com thats where I book all of my cruises at great rates.

Carl

Archived