MSC Opera Dec 4 2004

girlcruiser

Hi Margaret & Jana,

At last we are starting to meet fellow cruisers on our sailing.

We, (myself & husband, brother & sister in law) are all booked on the Dec 4th.

I have been encouraged by the one and only real review that I have read about the Opera but again, it was for a European sailing as there have been no others yet.

I read somewhere that the Carribbean sailings will "cater" more to the American pallet. I wonder - Does this mean that the menus will change and that the liquor prices will be higher?

Hi Jana & Patkan,

It's nice to find a couple more people on this sailing too bad the MSC board is so quiet at this point. I am looking forward to checking this line out have taken lots of cruises on other lines. Yes it is hard to tell how it will be as we

are the first Caribbean sailing. There should be a lot more Americans and also Canadians as one of our large tour companies is featuring it. The ship looks

really nice. I have sailed everything from Carnival to Cunard so have covered a good range of ships so an looking forward to yet another cruise experience.

Margaret

Hi fellow cruisers: We are also booked on the December 4th cruise. Just booked it today. We cruised Costa Mediterranea last year and wanted to go Italian again. This one was cheaper, so we thought we would give it a whirl.

Haven't seen any reviews yet, but we got home this afternoon and my Cruise/Travel magazine was waiting there with an article about sister ship, Lirica. Sounded good....so if Opera is similiar, I will be a happy camper! My

husband and I both love dancing, so we hope there will be enough to keep us

happy. We always have fun no matter what cruise we may go on. Would like to know if you come up with anymore information on the cruise.....please keep me posted. Joan

Add one more (actually 2) who will be on this sailing. Can't wait! Really looking forward to the comedians. :)

Hi Lill,

Do you know who these comedians are? I read the names but because I am not familiar with them, I don't remember who they were. Have you heard if they are good?

Hi Patcan, I was wondering the same thing I tried doing some web searches and the only one I could come up with was Pat Rich who is a female standup comedian. The other thing I heard is since this is the inaugural caribbean cruise Sophia Lauren will be there for the sendoff. I would like to get some more info on that also I got the information from a TA's weekly email who will also be sailing with us but as I didn't book through her can't really ask her for details. Is anyone interested in meeting up on board? On my last cruise we had 50 CC people on board and most of us met up after muster drill.

Margaret

Hi Fellow Cruisers!

I found the comedians on the MSC website. Here's what it said:

Our inaugural
December 4th
sailing features nightly comedy shows with three different comedians including the likes of
Billy Terrell, Jeff Pirrani
, Las Vegas and Atlantic City headliner, and
Chris Rich
, the “clean and clever” opener for Seinfeld and Roxanne.

Anyone familiar with any of these guys?

Pat

Yes, I would love to meet up. Get a jump start on getting to know everyone.

After the muster is probably a good time. Maybe even a little bit later - but what's a good place? Up top by the pool bar?

Not familiar with this ship. I forgot who has deck plans on their website.

"Is anyone interested in meeting up on board? On my last cruise we had 50 CC people on board and most of us met up after muster drill."

Margaret

Yes, I would love to meet up. Get a jump start on getting to know everyone.

After the muster is probably a good time. Maybe even a little bit later - but what's a good place? Up top by the pool bar?

Not familiar with this ship. I forgot who has deck plans on their website.

"Is anyone interested in meeting up on board? On my last cruise we had 50 CC people on board and most of us met up after muster drill."

Margaret

Sounds great. I guess only Celebrity has a ship sponsored Cruise Critic Party. One Celebrity Cruise we met up at a certain point at sail away. This is our first MSC cruise. Celebrity is our favorite. Holland second favorite. I looked at the ship on the MSC web site. It looks like a beautiful ship. I don't know of a met up place either. Maybe someone knows where we can meet.

Hi everyone, I will take a look at the deck plans when I get home as I am currently in London England visiting family and see a possible place to meet up. Celebrity is also my favourite and the line I cruised last but besides the official CC party we also arranged our own get together after life boat drill. I am looking forward to meeting everyone Patcan we are almost neighbours I live in Toronto.

Margaret

Margaret:

Having just returned home from a cruise on the Opera out of Genoa, I would recommend the Soto Vento Lounge just in front of the Teatro Del Opera on deck 5 as a nice quiet meeting place. I hope MSC doesn't change things too much for their ex-US cruises to the Carribean, as the service, food, and entertainment were excellent in the Med. Hope you enjoy your sail as much as we did.It's a beautiful ship and just about the right size.

Alan

Hi all! I'm Lill's roommate ;) Margaret, did you have questions? I'm happy to answer all I can. Never hesitate to ask. I honestly don't mind! :)

Regarding Sophia Loren, I understand she's attending a dinner two nights before our sailaway, but there are hints she may be there for the inaugural as well. No confirmation on that but I'm sure hoping.

Looking forward to meeting you all after muster drill. Shall we use Alan's recommendation? Alan, is there somewhere on deck for sailaway which would be a good location? I do so enjoy the Ft. Lauderdale sailaways.

If nothing else, we should have some wonderful laughs together on this cruise!

We thought we were going to go on the Dec 4 cruise, but through some snaffu with the TA we were not called in on time to take advantage of a special price. We did however get booked on the January 15th sailing. All you December 4th ers, please let me know how it is when you get back.. I will be watching the MSC boards. I am especially interested in the food, dancing, and the San Juan nite (what's available for tours) Mucho Gracias!

Hi Florida Couple---We are at the north end of South Hutchison Island so we are practically neighbors or certainly will be when you move to Harbor Isle. We are at the Colonnades. I only found out today that we are going to be repaired and not torn down so that is good news. We certainly are looking forward to getting away from all the post hurricane stuff that is going on. Sorry you won't be on the cruise too. Would love to meet up with you. Let me know how the dancing is on the ship, will you. Thanks.

Hi all! I'm Lill's roommate ;) Margaret, did you have questions? I'm happy to answer all I can. Never hesitate to ask. I honestly don't mind! :)

Regarding Sophia Loren, I understand she's attending a dinner two nights before our sailaway, but there are hints she may be there for the inaugural as well. No confirmation on that but I'm sure hoping.

Looking forward to meeting you all after muster drill. Shall we use Alan's recommendation? Alan, is there somewhere on deck for sailaway which would be a good location? I do so enjoy the Ft. Lauderdale sailaways.

If nothing else, we should have some wonderful laughs together on this cruise!

Hi Amber, I am really looking forward to this cruise and it should be a lot of fun I couldn't actually find the bar Alan was meantioning on the deck plan in the new brochure. The only bar I could see for sailaway is Lo Spinnaker pool

bar. But that might be very crowded. It would be nice to see Sophia Lauren again I have actually seen her a couple of time and she is a really

neat lady. Do you have any idea when the cruise docs will be coming out?

I would think soon. I just returned from London yesterday so it is now time to worry about the cruise....

Margaret

Margaret, I just got a call from MSC to finalize some details, and they said documents should be sent in the next week or so. I imagine with their new offices and all, this first cruise is a bit later than normal getting everything in place. But they are working on it!

I'm hoping we'll have a chance to truly see Ms. Lauren, but not counting on it being more than her there as a visiting celebrity and whisked through us. Regardless, she's associated with the line and our inaugural which is wonderful to me!

Hmm on the meeting place. Shall we first meet up at the pool bar - I'll bring something to identify "Cruise Critic" then if it's too crowded (or the weather isn't good) we can see if there's somewhere in Il Patio or Aroma Coffee Bar which would work? I just love trying to be on deck for sailaway, but then we can move where ever. Port side of the pool bar right after muster?

Archived