Things I learned at a Princess seminar

hc00010

My only issue is that currently smoking is permitted in all staterooms. Why not allocate smoking & non smoking? As an ex smoker who has struggled (& is still struggling at times) to quit, I am not looking forward to staying in a cabin that smells of stale smoke....

I guess there were no improvements for Diamond or Elite members?

I always thought there was lemonade some years ago & can't remember when it was discontinued. I thought I had it confused with RCI.

You are confused with RCI. Princess has Elite; RCI has Diamond. And I don't recall Princess ever having lemonade.

Pia

We are on the Grand in Feb '09 so I'll look forward to some of the changes.

I have to laugh at the exercising in your room. The big question is WHERE? We usually get a balcony cabin, but I just can not picture any energetic exercises in any of the non-occupied spaces. I guess you have to jump up and down on the bed. Images, images :eek:

I'm happy to know about the local entertainment. It sounds like some great improvements coming. Yaaaayyy!

I totally agree with that one too. I always wondered why they didn't have more local entertainment in the past.

My only issue is that currently smoking is permitted in all staterooms. Why not allocate smoking & non smoking? As an ex smoker who has struggled (& is still struggling at times) to quit, I am not looking forward to staying in a cabin that smells of stale smoke....

I am also an ex-smoker but I have never had a cabin smell of stale smoke. If you should run into this problem, tell your steward and he will take care of getting the smell out. Beware that on boarding day, the cabins are usually warm and "stuffy" due to the loading of passengers and cargo and this will go away when you start sailing.

I have to laugh at the exercising in your room. The big question is WHERE? We usually get a balcony cabin, but I just can not picture any energetic exercises in any of the non-occupied spaces. I guess you have to jump up and down on the bed. Images, images :eek:

See post #79. I think it could be done and I'd be willing to try. :D

We ate in the dining rooms too and like a lot of restaurants anywhere, there was probably only one main course that was vegetarian. We like dining in Horizon Court but most of the time I ate salads with whatever else I could find. My moan is that meat eaters have far more choice than vegetarians at every meal. Have Princess not heard of vegetarian sausage for breakfast. On Mexican night where was the veggie chilli? Mind you there was no other chilli either.

Probably because -- at least in the US -- vegetarians make up only about 2.3% of the population according to a 2006 survey in the Vegetarian Journal. (I'd post a link but it's not letting me....) From figures I saw online, it looks like perhaps 5% of UK population.

Still, considering that Princess only offers about 5 entrees each evening, I think 1 out of 5 being vegetarian is fair.

haven't sailed much YET on Princess........but it sounds positive, refreshing and forward thinking........all at little or no cost........

Much? ONE! I'm glad you clarified it with "Yet" since I notice that you have another one booked in less than a year. Time to join the Princess brigade. :D

Pia

... new show with ballroom dance done to Broadway music, actually developed by the Dancing With The Stars people.

Any idea who's involved?

Louis van Amstel is doing something similar for Royal Caribbean:

Official RCI press release:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/ourCompany/pressCenter/pressReleases/info.do?prDate=01-09-2008&prCode=A

From Louis' blog:

http://www.dancingwithlouis.com/2007/08/The_Passing_of_the_Season/

Much? ONE! I'm glad you clarified it with "Yet" since I notice that you have another one booked in less than a year. Time to join the Princess brigade. :D

Pia

Hey........some of us are slow learners:) No to be honest, RC is going in a direction that concerns me. Oasis concept did me in. I know several long time RC cruisers, Diamond......that are beginning to look for alternatives. And hey........if the first one was worth a dang.......I would have been back sooner.....LOL! but see......I understand anyone can have a bad one.......so I'm back for more....with an aft owners suite no less on the Pacific.

Sounds great. I hope the Golden has the Chef's Table by the time we go in November.

They already have it. A friend of ours is working on the Golden now and we talked about it last time he called.:)

Hey........some of us are slow learners:) No to be honest, RC is going in a direction that concerns me. Oasis concept did me in. I know several long time RC cruisers, Diamond......that are beginning to look for alternatives. And hey........if the first one was worth a dang.......I would have been back sooner.....LOL! but see......I understand anyone can have a bad one.......so I'm back for more....with an aft owners suite no less on the Pacific.

The Pacific is a great ship; you get from here to there in 2 seconds. The owner's suite is great too, especially having the extra 1/2 bath. We've spent lots of days on that ship are due on her again in March for 28 days. We've sort of been ultra loyal to Princess for quite some time, though every now and then we give another cruise line some business.

Pia

Archived