Things I learned at a Princess seminar

hc00010

Did he taste it first or just automatically salt it? It's amazing how many people just use the salt shaker as soon as their food is served and never tasting it first.

Pia

I know! And it's actually considered insulting to the chef to salt your food without tasting it.

Personally, I'd prefer they prepare stuff with less salt, and allow people to season the dish to their liking. MUCH easier to add salt, pepper, etc. than it is to take it away.

When I was a teenager, my mom stopped adding much salt to food, for health reasons. I got used to low-salt foods, and now much prefer it. I tend to season my food only so much as is absolutely necessary. And when we have guests over, I tell them that, and let them know that I won't be offended if they choose to add more seasoning (although, I always hope they'll at least try it first!)

I'm wondering what the menu changes are. Will there still be the option of ordering steak or chicken if the regular menu choices are unappealing? Does anyone know of a link where the new menus are posted?

We're going on the Caribbean in November and my husband would be very happy if the lemonade was available by then.

We were on the Star in January and were told that we had the new beds. We certainly had different bedding/towels than on previous cruises although in the same grade of stateroom. We didn't find the beds uncomfortable at all.

I'm wondering what the menu changes are. Will there still be the option of ordering steak or chicken if the regular menu choices are unappealing? Does anyone know of a link where the new menus are posted?

We're going on the Caribbean in November and my husband would be very happy if the lemonade was available by then.

No matter what menu changes occur, there will always be the option of steak or chicken breast at any time.

Pia

p

Thanks' date=' this is great news about the lemonade. I was just telling my family about the hot chocolate and they were cheering, until I said it's just for Alaskan cruises.

Hubby just asked, how do you ask for the mister: Mister Mister? (he said it, not me)[/quote']

Well that would certainly be more polite than "Hey Squirt!":p

Chef's Table ($75.00 per person, includes wine and champagne, and cookbook worth $38.00) is now available on the Emerald, Crown, Caribbean, Star, Dawn, Sea, and Grand. By the end of 2008, it will be on the Golden and Ruby. By the end of '09, it will be on the Diamond, Sapphire, Island, Coral, Pacific, Tahitian, and Royal.

Did they indicate when the Chef's Table would be implemented in 2009 on Sapphire? (I've never experienced it, but it doesn't seem to me that it would be too difficult to add it to any ship. If I'm wrong, of course, I'm sure people will let me know!)

Thanks.

What marvelous changes!

Having not sailed on Princess before, I'm still concerned about what has been described as uncomfortable beds. Sleep is important, too...

We are cruising on the Crown in Nov and we heard the beds are very comfortable. Did't Princess recently update all their beds and bedding?:confused:

To answer a couple of questions, they didn't indicate when chef's table would be implemented on Sapphire in 2009. Also, no change in smoking policy onboard. They remain, no smoking in public areas or restaurants, and smoking is allowed on cabin balconies.

Thanks' date=' this is great news about the lemonade. I was just telling my family about the hot chocolate and they were cheering, until I said it's just for Alaskan cruises.

Hubby just asked, how do you ask for the mister: Mister Mister? (he said it, not me)[/quote']

And if you want an experienced, certified guy you ask for a Master Mister.

My wife and I loved the lemonade on the Sun and Dawn in the late 90's and were sad to see it gone. I prefer lemonde on a hot day over a coke or sprite anyday. I am sure it will cut into revenue a little, but a fantastic idea.

Heading on the Crown in October for number 9! Can't wait!

I think and hope that all the changes will be positive ones. One question I'd have that you might not know is whether or not Princess is going to do away with trans fats from their menus? I think other cruiselines have started to do this and I'm wondering if and when Princess is going to do the same.

Thanks for sharing this with us!!! Great news!!! :)

Ziggy7, can you tell me how you are able to use a gif animation for your avatar? My computer will not accept gifs, only jpeg.

I can use a gif with my signature.

Archived