Why are all the large balconied cabins for only 2 people?

Riley's Mom

I don't know, but maybe it's a safety factor? Perhaps they think kids will try to climb over the balcony?

Maybe because they think it's more romantic for couples?

There must be some reason...?:D

I have always wondered about this. I have a family of four and we can never book the "good" wrap around balcony cabins because they are only for 2 people..

Does anyone know why this is?

Thanks' date='Carla[/quote']

There are some cabins on the Spirit class ships with extended decks for 4 people. So you can get them on certain ships if you book early! A good TA or PVP can get you what you are looking for. Happy Cruising....

There are some cabins on the Spirit class ships with extended decks for 4 people. So you can get them on certain ships if you book early! A good TA or PVP can get you what you are looking for. Happy Cruising....

No spirit class ship near TX, but good idea if it was possible.

I dont think I need a PVP or TA to read the deck plans :(

We've had 8448 on the Conquest and Liberty, and while the cabin is bigger, I can see why it only holds 2 people. For one, there's no couch in there - no space with the odd layout. There's nowhere to put a rollaway (if they were even allowed on these ships, which they're not), and there's no logical place to put an upper, as the beds aren't against a wall on the side. As for the side 9As next to the wraps on deck 8, I have no clue. They certainly looked like they could hold at least 3, using the sofa as a pullout!

I do believe that on some of the newer Conquest-class ships (Freedom and up, maybe?), there is a 9A wrap on deck 6 that can hold 3 people.

I had a quad 9A booked on Miracle - but it was midship - not an aft/wrap. Ended up switching it (much less money) for quad 6232 - extended 100 ft. balcony. I also don't know why the aft cabins are not quads - not that I would book one. Don't like the vibration back there too much!

I had a quad 9A booked on Miracle - but it was midship - not an aft/wrap. Ended up switching it (much less money) for quad 6232 - extended 100 ft. balcony. I also don't know why the aft cabins are not quads - not that I would book one. Don't like the vibration back there too much!

Depends on who you're with and what you're up to. :p :D

I have seen on CC a web site that lists or shows which balcony dividers can be opened up.....anyone know what the site might be. I have searched on the Carnival thread and ask a cruise question thread, but can't find it...

Can someone please help??:)

I have seen on CC a web site that lists or shows which balcony dividers can be opened up.....anyone know what the site might be. I have searched on the Carnival thread and ask a cruise question thread, but can't find it...

Can someone please help??:)

Cruisedeckplans.com

What cabin/ship?

Depends on who you're with and what you're up to. :p :D

Too funny! But truthfully - we were in the aft dining room on Freedom - table closest to the slanted windows in the back - had a beautiful view of the wake and sunsets every dinner - but the vibration was annoying at times.

Cabin 6368 (8A OSTW) 185/35 sq ftBeds: twin/king rab:0View: window and standard balcony connecting balconies: yesTV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; wall safe;

3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table.

Cabin 6370 (8A OST3) 185/35 sq ftBeds: twin/king-1 upper rab:0View: window and standard balcony connecting balconies: yesTV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; wall safe; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table

Cabin 6372 (8A OSTW) 185/35 sq ftBeds: twin/king rab:0View: window and standard balcony connecting balconies: yesTV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; wall safe; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table.

OK as I started to copy and paste info i realized all of your cabins have the same description. Here is the info.

Cabin 6368 (8A OSTW) 185/35 sq ftBeds: twin/king rab:0View: window and standard balcony connecting balconies: yesTV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; wall safe;

3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table.

Cabin 6370 (8A OST3) 185/35 sq ftBeds: twin/king-1 upper rab:0View: window and standard balcony connecting balconies: yesTV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; wall safe; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table

Cabin 6372 (8A OSTW) 185/35 sq ftBeds: twin/king rab:0View: window and standard balcony connecting balconies: yesTV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; wall safe; 3-closets; shower; sofa and coffee table.

OK as I started to copy and paste info i realized all of your cabins have the same description. Here is the info.

Yes, thank-you so much. I did find that info...I looked at that site last night but couldn't find the info I was looking for, so I drank a cup of coffee this morning and taaa daaa there it was..LOL

Thanks again for your help too...:)

Archived