What activities at meet and greet

mew1

In an ideal world where the co-ordinator didn't change just before the cruise and where she was efficient and helpful and understood a bit more than basic English then what you have said would be great and would have worked.

I was doing it for the first (and last ) time, you have of course done it many times and would have avoided some of my mistakes.

I only had 130 folk signed up but it was enough to keep me busy.

Probably hard for you to understand but I am oldfashioned and don't like doing things on the phone, whether its banking or whatever. Nothing like the written word for avoiding misunderstandings.

As far as passing out the tags at the M and G I was on one T/A ( not one you were involved with of course) where the person who was to bring them turned up an hour late, ruined the whole thing, people didn't really get to identify each other easily.

I know exactly what you mean by this.

I was doing it for the first (and last ) time, you have of course done it many times and would have avoided some of my mistakes.

I only had 130 folk signed up but it was enough to keep me busy.

That's a sizable roll call! :eek: It might have had me frazzled too; especially if meeting times and place were changed!

Sorry to hear it wasn't a good experience.

I arranged and pulled off some very nice meet and greets on my ship. However the last one we had arranged to have breakfast in the steakhouse for everyone and I over slept. Luckily the Hotel Director was there or I would of been really embarrassed!

Career enhancing.

I have been involves in a few M&G or activities and it can be a lot of work. Next cruise I think we will let others take up the cause(quiet roll call ATM).

Most disapointing when many don't bother to turn up or do and are indifferent or worse moan about the organization.

Best is when you get an enthusiastic group and a carismatic leader.

Best to spread the load, Someone keep track of the lists, someone to organise group meals, someone for the name tags etc.

I am not a fan of the gift exchange but a lot like them so if you get a good roll call getting someone to take on the task if enough are interested.

On the Gem or Pearl a bowling competition is good,

A cabin crawl if you can get enough of each type, doing the Courtyard/GV can be an issue though.

The M&G are also a good time for those DIY group tours to get together and make final arangements.

One trip someone organised a info/treasure hunt, questions about the ship and collect some items, this can be short say 2 hours on a sea day or a longer hunt with shore items to collect.

It went down so well the Cruise director was thinking about adding it to the schedule for future cruises.

We had two gatherings on our Majesty sailing.

About 30 of us had connected thru roll call. All hooked up to meet at sailaway (outside, possibly deck 10, wherever they were grilling). I brought bubbles to share, another lady brought name tags that were great. They weren't the use once and throw away type, they were like a vinyl badge holder that clipped on your shirt so you could use over and over. Name tag insert had our first name in large type then our screen name in smaller type below. As small as Majesty is, since you saw each other repeatedly you really felt like you were cruising with friends.

Mid way of the cruise we'd set up a meeting with NCL folks. We wore our name tags again so it kind of invited interaction. Because we couldn't finalize info for that meeting until after we were on board, one of our group had a list of all our cabin numbers. She delivered a printed invite to each cabin with exact location, date and time. The NCL meeting was lots of fun. Maybe 5 crew members from various positions met with us in a conference room. We asked questions, shared thoughts - just took the opportunity to pick each others brains. No refreshments or anything except maybe a pitcher or two of water and some glasses available.

Highly recommend both types of gatherings.

Ok...now you've all scared me! This is only my second cruise! What did I get myself into? I was thinking that it was just a short get together to meet each other, share a little info, meet some of the crew, ask a few questions and you're done. Your meet and greets sound very elaborate. I had not a clue.....:eek: At this point I still have not heard back from the Sun event coordinator, it's been almost two weeks since I first emailed her and about 4 days since the second email. Can't figure out why she doesn't respond.:confused:

Guest Anorak33

I can tell you what I did last year.

Meet and Greet for 130 people

20ft banner with cruise details for group to be photo'd under

name tags and lanyards delivered to cabin on embarkation afternoon

murder mystery dinner group signup

group teppanyaki

group bowling tournament

last night dinner in separate dining room

email contact before cruise to each member confirming details and asking for cabin numbers etc.

All details put on spreadsheet, useful for members to get in touch with each other as required during cruise.

reminders delivered to each cabin day prior to each event

liason with ships officers as required

don't expect much help in my experience from ships co-ordinator, and I haven't found one yet whose first language was English so keep it simple.

If you want a group photo ship will charge $50 for taking it, plus $13 per print, get someone with a good camera to do it.

Don't agree to pay for the light refreshments at Meet and Greet, they wanted $4.08 per person from us.

Buy nametag holders and lanyards on ebay in bulk, will save you lots, budget $1 each person max, print the nametags on your PC printer.

when you embark the ship don't expect anyone on board to know anything about the arrangements, communication can be poor.

Archived