Parking in Galveston for the Ecstasy (Sep 1, 2008)

dkk974

My apologies for posting a question on a topic that is probably already discussed but the search function is down and I'm trying to do a few things ahead of time. (what a concept!) Do you have any recommendations on the parking in Galveston? EZ or Lighthouse? Anything about one that makes it a better choice?

I love all of the messages. It's so fun to read about everyone's experiences. ----deb

Lighthouse is $5 cheaper, but my worry is they would be a smaller operation and not have as many shuttles running back and forth when Im getting off the cruise and looking for those bright orange shirts from EZCruise.

Iv been scared to change what is working.

My apologies for posting a question on a topic that is probably already discussed but the search function is down and I'm trying to do a few things ahead of time. (what a concept!) Do you have any recommendations on the parking in Galveston? EZ or Lighthouse? Anything about one that makes it a better choice?

I love all of the messages. It's so fun to read about everyone's experiences. ----deb

We prefer EZ as they are only a couple of blocks from the pier and we park and walk over (no waiting on the shuttle for us).

Cheers!

You all are the greatest! That told me what I needed to know. I'm on my way and I'll report back. I'm sure it will be wonderful. I'd always rather be cruising than working. :) Heck, I work to cruise. ----deb

Deb -

There's a big group of us going on this sailing. Check out our Roll Call under the "Carnival - Roll Calls" link.

I'm using EZ Cruise - heard lots of good things about them.

See you on the ship!!

Ashley :-)

Last year we parked in Carnival's parking lot. It cost a little more but it was close and quick.

Carnival Cruise Line does not have a parking lot. The Port of Galveston has a lot and there are other privately owned lots.

Here they are in no particular order:

Port of Galveston Parking http://www.portofgalveston.com/cruiseinformation/parking.shtml

EZ Cruise Parking http://www.ezcruiseparking.com/

Lighthouse Cruise Parking http://www.lighthouseparking.org/

81st Dolphin Cruise Parking http://www.galvestonparking.net/

082502btw_prv.gif, per the Guidelines another host moved this thread from the forum where it was off-topic to this forum where it would be on-topic. Just thought I would let y'all know in case anyone was wondering.

Hoping this information will be helpful and wishing lots of 080402gudl_prv.gif to all in finding the best place to park their car!

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Like the moon, traffic around the terminal seems to come and go...on a Aug 2 sailing, we used Lighthouse and had zero wait on both ends. It was EZ who had a 1-2 shuttle wait on the return side.

I think both are fine, either one is likely to have a bad day. No consistently bad reports I have seen on either.

I had alway used the Dolphin lot, and LOVED it. It is adjacent to a large convienance store-for that stuff that was forgotten, and will drop you off with your luggage...Since, I have moved to the Island, and have a word of advice: DO NOT PAY EXTRA FOR COVERED PARKING! It will not work. I pay to park in a covered garage while at home, and out in the open while at work...Hey! guess what!?! My car is covered with schmutz after a few days in the covered garage, and rinsed if it rains on it while parked uncovered.

I would like to offer a suggestion. With the storm approaching the Gulf and no one knows yet which direction it will go. If it goes near Galveston, there will be alot of rain. EZ cruise has an offsite lot that is lower than the one nearest the cruise terminal. It floods when Galveston gets alot of rain. I have used EZ many times without a problem, but if they were putting me in the lower lot, I would tell them no. The port has a parking garage that is a couple of levels high. If I were in your shoes, I would look for the highest possible place to park.

I would like to offer a suggestion. With the storm approaching the Gulf and no one knows yet which direction it will go. If it goes near Galveston, there will be alot of rain. EZ cruise has an offsite lot that is lower than the one nearest the cruise terminal. It floods when Galveston gets alot of rain. I have used EZ many times without a problem, but if they were putting me in the lower lot, I would tell them no. The port has a parking garage that is a couple of levels high. If I were in your shoes, I would look for the highest possible place to park.

Robtx100 is right! You don't want to be at the EZ Cruise lower lot. Find high ground if possible. If the storm comes our way even after it makes landfall in Louisiana (that's not a given either...it could turn and come our way!) we will probably get some serious rainfall. You don't want to come back to a flooded vehicle.

I just saw that. Bummer! We live just about 25 miles down the coast from the West end of Galveston. It's been a bit of a nailbiter for us. We have been watching the storm very closely and fortunately, we didn't have to leave. We all left for Rita in 2005...a normal 3 hour drive to New Braunfels took me 5 hours. Our friends left 1 1/2 hours after us and it was a 32 hour drive to San Antonio. I feel very sorry for those folks scheduled to sail tomorrow!

Archived