Why do people hate RCCL so much

I believe I've seen a lot more "I hate Carnival" threads.

Why so many of these threads? Who knows. I always figure it's because some people like to post when they need to vent, or maybe after a few drinks. :D

I believe I've seen a lot more "I hate Carnival" threads.

Why so many of these threads? Who knows. I always figure it's because some people like to post when they need to vent, or maybe after a few drinks. :D

I agree. I really dont understand it when I read such bashing for either line. So far my experiences on both lines have been great and can't wait to try more of the ships on each. I'm never sure if its unrealistic expectations or they type ship or the time of year, etc. So far my best cruise is the last one I've been on.

Not me - really enjoy the line....

I wouldn't understand it: "hate" is such an awfully strong emotion (I would hate a bully, a child-abuser, someone nasty like that... I wouldn't hate a cruiseline... ;) ).

Boo

Out of the many cruise line threads I never never seen more "I hate this line" anywhere as much as RCCL. In all seriousness I'm just curious why? Serious straight forward answers only please.

We have never had a bad RCCL cruise. By contrast, we had a 'cruise from hell' on Celebrity back in 2006. Although the food was excellent, we hated the ship's layout, it was crowded everywhere, and the crew 'friendliness' was contrived. They were very understaffed and overworked. The cabin attendant entered the room 3x with the DND sign up. We ended up blocking the door with a suitcase. His tip was in Monopoly money. The itinerary was wonderful though.

We returned from that trip, and took a short 3 day on Monarch, and only wish we had that crew on the Celebrity trip.

Our only gripe with RCCL is them pulling off the short west coast cruises, but we will make do, as there are still ships and itineraries we have yet to be on. Their product seems pretty consistent to us.

Dave and Debbie

Really not sure why you started this post, I really have never seen anyone on here in sometime that stated they hated RCL. If you interested in stirring up the pot do not think you will find it here. Try another line maybe you will have better luck with your post. Of all the lines I have cruised on I find RCL the best that fit what I like about cruising, yes they have flaws but nothing beats RCL for the overall experience.

Out of the many cruise line threads I never never seen more "I hate this line" anywhere as much as RCCL. In all seriousness I'm just curious why? Serious straight forward answers only please.

I don't hate any cruise line. I have more of an issue with people who are so "RCI Loyal" , especially after only cruising RCI, that they loudly proclaim that RCI is the "best".

Ahhhhh...........this appears to be a "thread to nowhere.":D :D :D

If you wanted "serious straightforward answers only" you might try another cruiseline............and post the same question about RCCL.

Or.......do you just like hanging out with the cheerleaders!!:)

Rick

if there is a hatred for RC out there I would imagine that some of it is cruisers who prefer the traditional, older liner cruising...which RC isnt and has never tried or claimed to be...

I'm one of those who has cruised many different older liners, as well as different cruiselines. I'm a cheerleader for all of the lines I've ever sailed.

I don't recall a cruise I didn't like. Yes, some bad things happened along the way, but they have happened on land-based vacations as well as cruiseships, and I lived through it.

I think that the OP may have read a lot of bad posts here during an off week that was infested with crabs. Every cruiseline has crabs you know, and they are very difficult at times. ;)

I think the OP has a point. I don't frequent the other cruiseline boards often, don't know the language, but on this board there are frequent posters who come on only to vent about a problem they had with their cruise credits, the bartender on their last cruise, the doneness of their filet, an issue with the pre=cruise hotel, late baggage, drink policies, etc.

Is it because their are a lot more people familiar with RCCL than the others? I dunno. I've not had a problem, so far, and I've not posted a "I hate RCCL (like others have said - a very strong term) topic so far.

Funny thing so far on this post - the folks who are always posting the "I'm not cruising RCCL again because..." topics aren't responding. :rolleyes:

I think the OP has a point. I don't frequent the other cruiseline boards often, don't know the language, but on this board there are frequent posters who come on only to vent about a problem they had with their cruise credits, the bartender on their last cruise, the doneness of their filet, an issue with the pre=cruise hotel, late baggage, drink policies, etc.

Is it because their are a lot more people familiar with RCCL than the others? I dunno. I've not had a problem, so far, and I've not posted a "I hate RCCL (like others have said - a very strong term) topic so far.

Funny thing so far on this post - the folks who are always posting the "I'm not cruising RCCL again because..." topics aren't responding. :rolleyes:

First of all HATE is a pretty strong word. Like Gordon mentioned I'm not sure why even post this question to begin with.

You have to understand that many of us that have cruised RC for over 20 years sometimes "question" (which I think is a better word) what the heck they are thinking or doing. There are very few threads that have the word HATE in them.

You question things sometimes to hope for improvement of a product you have loved for over 20 years..........

If the OP has something else in mind I can't relate to it.

You have to understand that many of us that have cruised RC for over 20 years sometimes "question" (which I think is a better word) what the heck they are thinking or doing. There are very few threads that have the word HATE in them.

You question things sometimes to hope for improvement of a product you have loved for over 20 years..........

If the OP has something else in mind I can't relate to it.

Thanks - I shortened my response and left out several of things you are alluding to here - 1. Familiarity breeds contempt. Not always in a bad way. But if you've had frequent exposure to something - any change at all is often looked at unfavorably (whether it deserves it or not) and

2. Like most other businesses, RCCL has changed and cut back, usually not for the good, and people on here are very knowledgeable about what to expect. If the cruiseline does not meet those expectations - you will read about it on here.

3. There is frequently a disconnect between the land experience with RCCL and the on board experience. It is most often the land experience that brings out the negative posts.

There are those that post things like...

I hate the food never RCCL again

Too many kids never RCCL again

Transfer problem never RCCL again...

The point is one tiny problem and they are never again...

I myself had very uncomfortable beds on Vision in 05...I still like the line.

I myself on Monarch in 07 had a very fatty Lamb Shank...I loved the food

I myself on Majesty in 94 had a service issue but still loved the cruise.

I guess the angle I was going for is why so many people post "X happened and it ruined my cruise never RCCL again."

Archived