Credit Card Registration

spcl4cs_gal

We don't worry about that - we got a Celebrity credit card that we use for just Celebrity charges (double points that way to exchange for onboard credits). Actually we have two - the Amex and Visa - one we use for one cruise and one we use for the next cruise we book. We use a regular credit card for onshore purchases, hotels, etc)

What's more important is to make sure your credit card got made part of your record in the check in process. When we checked in for our Caribbean cruise, they were having trouble with their computers. Finally got them up, supposedly. Imagine my surprise to be contacted by the purser the morning of debarcation to be informed that I needed to settle my onboard account in cash. Seems the credit card did not get in the system after all. They will not take a credit card they haven't checked out on the morning of debarcation.

The moral of this story is to check with the purser the day after you sail (which is usually a sea day anyway) and make sure your credit card is in the system. Or carry copious amounts of cash, which is not a good idea.

What's more important is to make sure your credit card got made part of your record in the check in process. When we checked in for our Caribbean cruise, they were having trouble with their computers. Finally got them up, supposedly. Imagine my surprise to be contacted by the purser the morning of debarcation to be informed that I needed to settle my onboard account in cash. Seems the credit card did not get in the system after all. They will not take a credit card they haven't checked out on the morning of debarcation.

The moral of this story is to check with the purser the day after you sail (which is usually a sea day anyway) and make sure your credit card is in the system. Or carry copious amounts of cash, which is not a good idea.

Hmmm....wonder what they would do if you didn't have the cash? Heck - we never carry around enough cash to settle up our Martini Bar and wine bill:cool: , guess they'd just have to keep us on the ship.

When a passenger registers their credit card online for their Xpass, how much is put on hold per day or per week? Thanks. :)

Hi Alison:) Long time!

I don't recall ever having a hold put on my credit card.

Maybe I am wrong? As for the Xpress pass, as soon

as final payment is made I print that bad boy:D

Hal holds $60 per day..on your C card ,from when you book.

Ncl about the same, we had 2 friends on an NCL cruise that didn't have enough on their card for the 12 day trip,they didn't know about the hold ., so they had to put $2000 cash up front, and keep a check on their "tab"..very embarrassing.

Celebrity I imagine would do the same??

Hi Alison:) Long time!

I don't recall ever having a hold put on my credit card.

Maybe I am wrong? As for the Xpress pass, as soon

as final payment is made I print that bad boy:D

Hi Lois!

Yes I have decided to move outside of the HAL circle once again and try another line. I've been reading so many good things about Celebrity so I figured "Hey, why not?" Am really looking forward to the Solstice. :)

I was curious about any kind of hold Celebrity might put on my credit card once I registered online...am familiar with HAL's $60 a day hold so just assumed that all lines were the same. I don't usually spend that much onboard anyway.

Does Celebrity have a laundry package that can be purchased and would anyone know the price? What about a soda card? Much thanks! :)

Hmmm....wonder what they would do if you didn't have the cash? Heck - we never carry around enough cash to settle up our Martini Bar and wine bill:cool: , guess they'd just have to keep us on the ship.

I thought about threatening to stay on the ship as well. :) The couple in front of me in line who had a rather substantial balance were referred to the cash machine. The purser was rather nasty and was treating people like deadbeats even though it was their computer's error. Amazingly, my credit card worked like a charm again once I was off the ship and in Ft. Lauderdale. I did send a letter to Hanrahan and got a sort of lukewarm apology. In any event, I will no longer be counting on Celebrity customer service to do its job properly and will verify that things are as they should be before it's too late to fix them.

Archived