Too many hotels to choose from - FLL

bx wahine

Hello all!

I'm having a hard time picking a hotel in FLL to stay 2 nights, post-cruise in mid-Nov. My husband and I usually stay at the HIE for one night, pre-cruise. This time around, we want to try something different. I hope this is not unreasonable, but I'm looking for 3 things:

1. Near public transportation such as the trolley

2. Decent price ($120 - $180 max)

3. Nice pool

The pool is not a must, but if the weather is warm enough I would like to spend some time there.:)

With so many hotels to choose from, I am hoping someone can help me narrow this down.

Many thanks, in advance!

We stayed at the Embassy Suites in FLL last year 4 days pre-cruise and had a great experience. Most chain hotels in the area provide breakfast but we enjoyed the hot "cooked to order" breakfast as well as the evening manager's cocktail reception for even more value for our money.

I just cancelled then rebooked with the Hyatt Place for $89.00 for late October. My original reservation was nearly twice as much. Hotel is in the same area as the Embassy and HIE, close to everything and has recieved some good reviews here on the boards.

Another favorite of mine, always meeting friends there for the free nightly cocktail party. I love the atrium. Wouldn't hesitate staying there.

That's odd you get free cocktails if you are not staying there. :confused:

We are currently staying at the Holiday Inn Express at 17 & Causeway. Everything we read seems to indicate it is a nice place and they have added new bedding and pillows, and even meat items to their complimentary breakfast.

1...Does anyone feel the Hyatt Place North or Hyatt 66 would be better choices. We are more concerned about how comfortable the beds and pillows are, and if the rooms are clean and not old and dirty in appearance. We also want a hotel in a decent area.

2...If anyone feels the Embassy Suite is good, can you tell me if they have the managers coctail reception even on a Sunday? We are flying in on Sunday afternoon this November for a Monday cruise departure. And, is their a complimentary breakfast the following Monday morning.

Thank-you for any thoughts.

Dave

How do you do that - just walk in? Don't you feel a little guilty? I know they don't check your room card at the bar but I think you may be abusing the system slightly!! IMHO

Ron

How do you do that - just walk in? Don't you feel a little guilty? I know they don't check your room card at the bar but I think you may be abusing the system slightly!! IMHO

Ron

My same thought.

Why not stop by for breakfast too.

We are currently staying at the Holiday Inn Express at 17 & Causeway. Everything we read seems to indicate it is a nice place and they have added new bedding and pillows, and even meat items to their complimentary breakfast.

1...Does anyone feel the Hyatt Place North or Hyatt 66 would be better choices. We are more concerned about how comfortable the beds and pillows are, and if the rooms are clean and not old and dirty in appearance. We also want a hotel in a decent area.

The Hyatt AND Hyatt Place were remodeled within the last year. The HyattPlace looks exactly like the website! I would pick one of them....probably the HP since you get breakfast!

2...If anyone feels the Embassy Suite is good, can you tell me if they have the managers coctail reception even on a Sunday? We are flying in on Sunday afternoon this November for a Monday cruise departure. And, is their a complimentary breakfast the following Monday morning.

Not sure about that one...sorry-i THINK it is every night...maybe you can find out on their website???

Thank-you for any thoughts.

Dave

i gave you my 2 cents.....hope it helps!

Fort Lauderdale Grande Yatch Club.

Is it ok or someone ever go at this place ?

179.00$ a night and breakfast. I think it's decent price and U?

It was completely remodeled....they really ripped it apart...used to be the Marriott Marina I believe...........it's now part of Hilton? (IIRC)...should be a GREAT place to stay.....if you are in the tower facing the causeway you should have a good view of ships!

I just cancelled then rebooked with the Hyatt Place for $89.00 for late October. My original reservation was nearly twice as much. Hotel is in the same area as the Embassy and HIE, close to everything and has recieved some good reviews here on the boards.

Yes it is, yes it does and you can walk to most everything...including the sun trolley.........just flag it down along the road.

www.suntrolley.com

www.watertaxi.com

Thank you both! Do you happen to know if both hotels are near transportation? I hate spending money on cabs if I don't have to. ;)

Yup! The Embssy is right in front of Publix, Total Beverage and lots of places to eat, plus you can walk or flag down the sun trolley............great location! Pretty much the same with the Hyatt Place.....maybe just an extra block or so.....

OK....Here I go again! Mr. procrastinator, who is now completely changing course.

On an earlier post I had mentioned that every time we cruise, we like to stay at a hotel that has views of the water or port area. We always like a place that has a lounge so we can have a few beverages that night, nice grounds so I can hang out near a pool bar for awhile, along with having nice clean and updated rooms, plush bedding, etc.

For some reason, we decided as mentioned before to book the Holiday Inn Express, give up those other things and save one hundred dollars. But, for some reason, I keep going back and forth. I guess that means, I should cancel the Holiday Inn Express and go back to a hotel that has more of the things we are used to.

With that in mind, I had mentioned the Hyatt 66. Some one indicated that they just recently remodeled too. IS THAT TRUE?

1...I assume by choosing a room in the tower, would be the best choice for

an ocean or port view since the towers have a balcony???

2...I assume the tower section has newly remodeled rooms or at least

updated rooms from what someone else wrote???

3...I know the room rate for a King tower room on November 9th, which is

a Sunday is $219.00. Seems high. I have never used Priceline or

Hotwire. How does that work where people are getting these rooms at

the Hyatt 66 for so much less??? And isn't it like rolling the dice since

Priceline and Hotwire do not tell you what hotel you are getting until

after you pay for a room??? What if you get some other place??

Sorry to ask so many dumb questions. Thanks again for comments.

Dave

Ron

My same thought.

Why not stop by for breakfast too.

I believe, from some other posts, that Bequia is well known by all the Ft. Lauderdale hotels and is welcome anywhere. Not that Bequia needs defending by me :eek:.

JMO,

OK....Here I go again! Mr. procrastinator, who is now completely changing course.

On an earlier post I had mentioned that every time we cruise, we like to stay at a hotel that has views of the water or port area. We always like a place that has a lounge so we can have a few beverages that night, nice grounds so I can hang out near a pool bar for awhile, along with having nice clean and updated rooms, plush bedding, etc.

For some reason, we decided as mentioned before to book the Holiday Inn Express, give up those other things and save one hundred dollars. But, for some reason, I keep going back and forth. I guess that means, I should cancel the Holiday Inn Express and go back to a hotel that has more of the things we are used to.

With that in mind, I had mentioned the Hyatt 66. Some one indicated that they just recently remodeled too. IS THAT TRUE?

1...I assume by choosing a room in the tower, would be the best choice for

an ocean or port view since the towers have a balcony???

2...I assume the tower section has newly remodeled rooms or at least

updated rooms from what someone else wrote???

3...I know the room rate for a King tower room on November 9th, which is

a Sunday is $219.00. Seems high. I have never used Priceline or

Hotwire. How does that work where people are getting these rooms at

the Hyatt 66 for so much less??? And isn't it like rolling the dice since

Priceline and Hotwire do not tell you what hotel you are getting until

after you pay for a room??? What if you get some other place??

Sorry to ask so many dumb questions. Thanks again for comments.

Dave

try these for advice on how to bid, and help in IDing properties..

www.betterbidding.com

www.biddingfortravel.com

i am too much of a control freak to use them! and yes it is rolling the dice.....but it can help you save money. keep in mind PL will only guarantee a room for 2 so you may only get 1 bed, even if you need 2!

good luck.

I believe, from some other posts, that Bequia is well known by all the Ft. Lauderdale hotels and is welcome anywhere. Not that Bequia needs defending by me :eek:.

JMO,

Bequia is not the poster that made the reference to walking in to the Embassy - I think Bequia is a much better person than to do this!!

Ron

Meeting friends that are staying there and just walking in are not the same thing!

Fort Lauderdale Grande Yatch Club.

Is it ok or someone ever go at this place ?

179.00$ a night and breakfast. I think it's decent price and U?

That is a good price for any time of the year - when are you booking for - I need a place for February.

Ron

Hello all!

I'm having a hard time picking a hotel in FLL to stay 2 nights, post-cruise in mid-Nov. My husband and I usually stay at the HIE for one night, pre-cruise. This time around, we want to try something different. I hope this is not unreasonable, but I'm looking for 3 things:

1. Near public transportation such as the trolley

2. Decent price ($120 - $180 max)

3. Nice pool

The pool is not a must, but if the weather is warm enough I would like to spend some time there.:)

With so many hotels to choose from, I am hoping someone can help me narrow this down.

Many thanks, in advance!

Hi,

I was in the same position as you. We decided on the Embassy Suites Deerfield Beach. It is right next to Ft. Lauderdale. It is on the beach with a pool. There are 6 of us so I had to book a 2 bedroom suite. We paid $220.00 with tax, but they have other rooms that are cheaper.

It looks really nice and it has good reviews. It is 17 miles from Ft. Lauderdale Airport.

Another favorite of mine, always meeting friends there for the free nightly cocktail party. I love the atrium. Wouldn't hesitate staying there.

Bequia is not the poster that made the reference to walking in to the Embassy - I think Bequia is a much better person than to do this!!

Ron

Meeting friends that are staying there and just walking in are not the same thing!

I think that the 1st quote above is the post to which the other posters were responding.

I don't see anything about anyone staying there :rolleyes:.

To stay OT, I think we'll try Embassy the next time we're in Ft. Lauderdale. We'd like to stay long enough to see part of the city. We've always stayed near the airport since we didn't have any time for anything but sleeping :) !

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, I can't find a good deal since I'm going in january probably the highest season -- Since I am only going to be staying one night, I'm trying to save myself some money. I have Laquinta Hollywood at the cheapest rate of $161, then Candlewood at $179 and Hampton Inn airport at 206. They all have shuttles from the airport and to the port. Any ideas? I want a place close to food since I won't have a car.

Archived